Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May crowds

I'm currently planning a trip in May or early June. The program I'm using is predicting crowds to be almost 10/10 throughout most of May. Does anyone have an idea why? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Myahlove1; 02-19-2020, 02:51 PM.

Spring Breaks in Southern California and neighboring states have many districts stagger their Spring Breaks so instead of maybe one or two weeks of schools being out there is 4 weeks of Spring Breaks. The two on each side of Easter have the most schools being out on break do those are the worst weeks to go. Also I believe a lot of year round schools in the area have a break period in the May.

Comment

The 3 day special SoCal discount passes expire sometime in May. If history is any guide, the last two weeks they are in effect will be crazy, so if you can, plan for as late in May as possible.
      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

There is one crowd tracker that is predicting CRAZY crowds - and most of the others are predicting much less. May 6th is predicted as a 10 - yet other sites are saying "ghost town". I go every year during the first week of May. (For the last 10 years, anyway.) The crowds have been (relatively) manageable during the week, yet this year the one crowd tracker says Wednesday will be a 10/10. I imagine that's a glitch, if history for that exact day is any indication. Even when Star Wars night was on May the 4th, the park was not anywhere near a 10. Nor were random grad nights. I would warn you away from grad nights, though, if possible, and look for any local conventions. Ultimately, predictions are just guesses, and you get what ya get! Go with a good attitude, and a plan in case the parks are totally packed, and you'll be okay.

Comment

Thank you all for responding, I really appreciate it. It looks like we're planning on being in the parks May 31st-June 2nd. I'll hope for low crowds, but we'll have fun no matter what. My kids and I are going with my adult friend and her child, they've never been (well, the adult has been once), so it should be a wonderful time. Thanks again!

Comment

I second also what another poster mentioned about Grad Nights they are the worst. We avoid those days like the plague.

Comment

We've been on Grad nights quite a few times. I don't find them as bothersome now that they've been moved to C.A., I used to really dislike Disneyland being closed early and would avoid this if possible. We always get to the park before opening and enjoy the lower crowds, so we're usually pretty spent by the time the evening rolls around anyway. We most often go back to our hotel in the afternoon and return in the evening for a show and maybe go on a few rides if we feel like it. I don't know if it's because we generally don't spend as much time at the park in the evening, but think this is probably why Grad nights don't seem to bother us so much.

Comment

i think with Disneyland being on lockdown/closed until who knows when, planning a trip will probably have to happen sometime in the fall or even next year.
                http://youtube.com/belushi87
                http://www.jaymisworld.webs.com
                http://www.10PinkElephants.tumblr.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X