Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chewie Mode For Smugglers Run

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chewie Mode For Smugglers Run

    https://youtu.be/74PURh7dI3g

    Skip to the 10 minute mark

  • #2
    Been in there since the very start. This isnt new and didnt just get added in.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)


    :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

    Comment


    • #3
      We saw the blogger crew working on this in line Friday night. We gave FreshBaked a shout out near the exit as they were looping back into line hehe.
      From FreshBaked's youtube video text, here's the key to trigger Chewie mode. Definitely will be attempting this next time I have a group of 6 friendlies together. Trouble will be whether or not my 7 year old can pull off one of the jobs. Probably give her pilot!

      The basics of Chewy Mode is to trigger Chewy yelling at you during your entire flight. No Hondo. No cannisters. Just you flying and chewy yelling at you. But there are some things you have to do in order to make this happen. Like a cheat code on the NES. Don’t read this if you haven’t watched the video yet though because I think it’s funner if you go in not really knowing.

      Here’s how to trigger Chewy mode: First and foremost, do not ACTIVATE your position right away like you normally do. Left and right pilots need to push their controls to the extreme left/right or extreme up/down. Once you’ve done that, hit your activation button. Engineers and Gunners need to hit one of the white buttons on their console before hitting the orange activation button. Kind of like using the shift key on a keyboard. Finally, be sure you’ve done this BEFORE the cast members finishes checking your seatbelts (pull the yellow thingy) and he hits his ok to go button.

      And that’s it. Do it right and chewy will be yelling at you for 5 minutes. Miss a step and you get Hondo and his canisters.

      Comment


      • #4
        As if the ride system wasn't complicated enough for people not in the know LOL. They should just create randomized missions.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

        DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by aluisi View Post
          Been in there since the very start. This isnt new and didnt just get added in.
          You're wrong. While this version of the game has been active in WDW for a while, DL just got updated recently with this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CM.X777 View Post
            ...this version of the game has been active...
            And therein lies one of the many problems with SWGE.

            * Statistics is the art of never having to say you’re wrong.

            * 99.9% of people involved in auto accidents ate carrots within 60-days before the accident.


            * Among people born in 1839 who later dined on carrots, there has been a 100% mortality rate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CM.X777 View Post

              You're wrong. While this version of the game has been active in WDW for a while, DL just got updated recently with this.
              nope I am the one who posted about this back in August when I learned about it in June of last year. I was at Disneyland so I guess some how I can predict the future. You know since WDWs land and ride weren’t open.
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
              - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)


              :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

              Comment


              • #8
                Here are screen shots from August that I posted on the Galaxy’s Edge discord for proof. Anyone want to know more or talk to me about this send me a message here or on any platform you see me on.

                edited out peoples discord names for their privacy.
                Last edited by aluisi; 02-24-2020, 09:03 PM.
                "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
                - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)


                :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here's an article in the OC Register about Chewie Mode:

                  https://www.ocregister.com/2020/02/2...-galaxys-edge/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm just happy that there is passive mode and if your party is ok with it you can simply ignore all the controls entirely and enjoy the ride as a ride and not a video game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Someday it will be nice to have 5 friends

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by aluisi View Post
                        Here are screen shots from August that I posted on the Galaxy’s Edge discord for proof. Anyone want to know more or talk to me about this send me a message here or on any platform you see me on.

                        edited out peoples discord names for their privacy.
                        Again you're still wrong. Chiew mode has never been in the DLs code until a few weeks ago. The timing of your post is AFTER WDW started their previews. Chiew mode has been in the WDW code from before opening. How it never blew up like it has out in DL is puzzling. Which leads to some of us speculating it was intentionally "leaked" to the bloggers by someone at WDI or Media Relations. As the code was in place less than a week, before all the videos started popping up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My family and I got Chewie mode on the 2nd try last night. We're not sure what we beefed on the first try.

                          While in line for our second attempt, we asked cast members if there was something wrong with our approach; they suggested we ask the seat belt checking cast member "nicely".
                          We did inform the belt-checking cast member on that 2nd try that we were attempting it. My brother now has the theory that it's all up to the cast member to enable it; that it has nothing to do with guest button presses (making the activation sequence a red herring)

                          To test my brother's theory: Now we have to see if we can get Chewie mode without telling any cast members, or if we can actively avoid getting chewie mode by not doing activation steps while begging seat-belt checking cast member for Chewie mode.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by midvale View Post
                            My family and I got Chewie mode on the 2nd try last night. We're not sure what we beefed on the first try.

                            While in line for our second attempt, we asked cast members if there was something wrong with our approach; they suggested we ask the seat belt checking cast member "nicely".
                            We did inform the belt-checking cast member on that 2nd try that we were attempting it. My brother now has the theory that it's all up to the cast member to enable it; that it has nothing to do with guest button presses (making the activation sequence a red herring)

                            To test my brother's theory: Now we have to see if we can get Chewie mode without telling any cast members, or if we can actively avoid getting chewie mode by not doing activation steps while begging seat-belt checking cast member for Chewie mode.
                            Judging on the videos I've seen doing it, I believe it must be a team effort. The Cast Member must activate it as an option for you, however they can observe you to see whether you are doing it properly, correct? If they see you push the flashing start button without holding another activation button, then they might just choose not to enable it.

                            It will be interesting to find out and your best option might be to just ask them outright how they do it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CM.X777 View Post

                              Again you're still wrong. Chiew mode has never been in the DLs code until a few weeks ago. The timing of your post is AFTER WDW started their previews. Chiew mode has been in the WDW code from before opening. How it never blew up like it has out in DL is puzzling. Which leads to some of us speculating it was intentionally "leaked" to the bloggers by someone at WDI or Media Relations. As the code was in place less than a week, before all the videos started popping up.
                              I'm sorry can you please enlighten me of how I am wrong? I knew about this in June of 2019 during the previews. I didn't publicly tell anyone till August 19th. So you are saying something I posted on the 19th two days after the Florida previews started and knew since June is all made up by me? Some how I was either lied to in June or Disney beamed the idea into my brain.

                              i showed proof of me knowing back in 2019 for the Disneyland version. What proof can you show that it was always in Florida's or just patched in a few weeks before it got leaked to the vlogers? Or let me guess you heard roomers about it at work since I assume you work at disney with you forum name. I will wait here going to get some popcorn
                              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
                              - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)


                              :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

                                Judging on the videos I've seen doing it, I believe it must be a team effort. The Cast Member must activate it as an option for you, however they can observe you to see whether you are doing it properly, correct? If they see you push the flashing start button without holding another activation button, then they might just choose not to enable it.

                                It will be interesting to find out and your best option might be to just ask them outright how they do it.
                                I'm not so sure the Cast Member activates it; it wouldn't exactly be a code if it was. The original video about it said that guests have to all press buttons before the Cast Member boots up the ride, so I'd guess that asking the Cast Member just means they'll give you more time to do it.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I got Chewy mode yesterday!!! Is was fun. I have over 100 flights on the falcon. this was a fun change. I was a solo ride, so bonus. One cm did say they could not help use with the hack. but. Press,hold, activate. Hondo does still make a few comments during the flight.

                                  Comment

                                  Get Away Today Footer

                                  Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X