X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapek Named CEO of Disney

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...e-Officer-Walt

Ohhhhh boy!

Sweet mother of monkey milk, it's happening.
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Disneyland: July 17, 1955 - February 25, 2020

😟

Comment

Let the "Disney is doomed" thread begin. But if Chapek is the new CEO, who's taking over for the parks management? As long as they dont cut paint the night again this year, I'll be happy.

Comment

God help us all. If Target Disney Stores, Pixar Pier, Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout and a very quiet and unfinished Galaxy's Edge in any indication, then the future of Disney is going to be very questionable. Odd choice but I'm not surprised, corporate culture works like a fraternity.

Comment

This will be interesting. At first I thought of this like the "Promote Paul Pressler" to get him out of the parks, but now I'm wondering about the future of Disney as a whole. I mean it's obviously not going to go away, but...

Comment

To quote Baymax: “Oh No.”

Comment

I thought SWGE’s “failure” was supposed to prevent this?
                APs
                Burning Cabin
                Splash Mountain
                Star Wars
                Fantasy Faire
                Smoking
                Pirates
                Souvenir Popcorn Buckets, apparently.

Happiness is not letting these things consume you. A close second is seeing it consume others.

Comment

Gotta promote him now before the corona virus devastates his department in the quarterlies.
                  "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Interesting that Iger wants out so suddenly. What does he know??

Comment

From CNN News: "Bob Iger has stepped down as CEO of the Walt Disney Company, effective immediately. Bob Chapek is the new CEO, the board of directors announced on Tuesday. He most recently served as chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Iger has assumed the role of executive chairman and will direct the company's creative endeavors, the company said."

Is the 'effective immediately' normal for this? I'm not real knowledgeable about Disney's normal 'peaceful transition of power' but is it usual for the CEO to step down with no advance notice? Or is it just no advance public knowledge.

And what, if anything, can be surmised from Iger's move to exec chairman and 'directing creative endeavors'? Is he being 'shuffled sideways' where he can do no more harm?
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

So who's in charge of parks now? Hopefully someone better.

Comment

Stocks down another 3% post market on this news...

Comment

Panic Time! When they put the worst dude ever in charge, the death spiral begins.

Comment

Meh at least he'll be fine from the parks I guess lol
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

Comment

Hold on to your mickey ears folks....it's gonna be a wild ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                                    From CNN News: "Bob Iger has stepped down as CEO of the Walt Disney Company, effective immediately. Bob Chapek is the new CEO, the board of directors announced on Tuesday. He most recently served as chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. Iger has assumed the role of executive chairman and will direct the company's creative endeavors, the company said."

Is the 'effective immediately' normal for this? I'm not real knowledgeable about Disney's normal 'peaceful transition of power' but is it usual for the CEO to step down with no advance notice? Or is it just no advance public knowledge.

And what, if anything, can be surmised from Iger's move to exec chairman and 'directing creative endeavors'? Is he being 'shuffled sideways' where he can do no more harm?
                                    It does sounds very odd. Whenever Iger was interviewed, he always seemed like they were taking their time to find a successor. But who else would they promote from within? Anyone who would be rumored in the running would simply leave the company soon after. There's not much to choose from, it just feels too soon. I know that there was talk that he might buy a professional sports team, so who knows. Hopefully it's not health related.

Comment

What if this means Josh D'Amaro gets promoted to be in charge of DPEP? Hopefully this means Chapek will have less to do with the parks and D'Amaro will have a greater influence.

Comment

Originally posted by donpachuco View Post
                                        What if this means Josh D'Amaro gets promoted to be in charge of DPEP? Hopefully this means Chapek will have less to do with the parks and D'Amaro will have a greater influence.
                                        While I'm certainly hoping for that to happen, I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X