Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Flex Pass reached its saturation point no longer making it a value?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Has Flex Pass reached its saturation point no longer making it a value?

I just noticed that Flex Pass is now booked up for all Saturdays for next 30 days. It has been rare that any day gets booked up more than a week in advanced in the past. Have we finally hit the point where it will tricky to get the days reserved you want unless you are ready to reserve in the Am 30 days prior? Will Flex Passes begin to face the same issues as BP's? What do you all think?

Only Disneyland is booked for the next several Saturdays, CA Adventure is still completely open. I've already used my pass at CA Adventure only once, on a day when DL wasn't available. Sure, it's not the same, but it's great having the option of at least being able to visit one of the parks for a few hours, whereas the other passes have blockout days that prevent you from visiting both parks.

Comment

I wouldn't be too alarmed by this. I've seen the calendar booked out before and then overnight things open up. I don't think it's reached its saturation point.

Comment

I think their "capacity" for Flex Pass APs is tied to staffing for the days in question. There is theoretically a maximum, but sometimes when they book up, I think they offer more shifts/pay for more staffing. Then more spots open up for the Flex Pass.

It might be at that theoretical maximum given impending spring break crowds and the SoCal deal they have going on, but we won't know for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post
          Only Disneyland is booked for the next several Saturdays, CA Adventure is still completely open. I've already used my pass at CA Adventure only once, on a day when DL wasn't available. Sure, it's not the same, but it's great having the option of at least being able to visit one of the parks for a few hours, whereas the other passes have blockout days that prevent you from visiting both parks.
          Once we were only able to book Disneyland. That seemed weird.

Comment

Staffing reductions could have led to availability downturn. I wonder if ride times have also trended up because there have been reductions in staffing.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
              Staffing reductions could have led to availability downturn. I wonder if ride times have also trended up because there have been reductions in staffing.
              Well we going lot more Staffing reductions!
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This is the reason why I've been gun-shy about this pass. I'm still optimistic about it, but I have concerns about potential availability issues. One thing I wish they would do is to set aside a certain number of reservation slots and have them initially only available to non-SoCal people. We non-SoCal folks often have to plan some time in advance so it would be a nice courtesy to us. Of course, any remaining non-SoCal slots can be opened up to the SoCal people in the days immediately leading up to the reservation day in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                  Also the reduction in the number of in-service ride vehicles.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse