Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Replace Bob Chapek as Disney Parks/Products/Experiences Chair?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Who Will Replace Bob Chapek as Disney Parks/Products/Experiences Chair?

    Now that Bob Chapek is now Disney CEO, who will replace Chapek as Parks/Products/Experiences Chair?
    29
    Someone from Disney Parks/Experiences
    34.48%
    10
    Someone from Disney Consumer Products
    44.83%
    13
    Someone from Other Disney Businesses
    13.79%
    4
    An outsider not currently employed at Disney
    6.90%
    2

  • #2
    Since both the current Disney US Resorts heads just assumed their current positions, I’ll be surprised if Rebecca Campbell or Josh D’amono get promoted. Although I’m sure Mary Niven or George Kalogridis would be good choices, Mary has been passed over a few times already for the Disneyland Resort President position, while George just transitioned from being president of WDW to his current role as head of “Segment Development and Enrichment”. I would guess that Michael Colglazier could be a likely successor (since he currently oversees the international resorts).

    Then again, I guess a individual from another Disney business area is just as likely to be appointed, considering both Chapek and his predecessor Tom Staggs came from other areas of Disney.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looking at the possible candidates:


      Josh D'Amaro - Great guy, well liked by CMs and seem to actually care about the parks. Just moved to WDW, may stay in place. Excellent Choice!

      George Kalogridis - Great guy, worked his way through the ranks, cares about the guests and CMs. Rumored to be retiring, but we shall see. Excellent Choice!

      Mary Niven - Great lady, cares about the parks and guests, loves live entertainment and kinetic energy. Knows the parks and their history. Passed over a number of times strangely. Great Choice!

      Michael Colglazier - former DLR President, currently stressing out over Asia situation, but freed up. Rumored to be aloof and cold. Not a great choice

      Rebecca Campbell - Chapek's lieutenant, rumored to be a cross between Chapek and Meg Crofton (yikes! ). Tight smiles and fake enthusiasm, also rumored to know little about the parks. Not a great choice.

      Maybe Matt Ouimet can be lured back. Unlikely he'd work for a philistine like Chapek. Outstanding Choice!!!!

      Any others to add to the list??

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
        Looking at the possible candidates:


        Josh D'Amaro - Great guy, well liked by CMs and seem to actually care about the parks. Just moved to WDW, may stay in place. Excellent Choice!

        George Kalogridis - Great guy, worked his way through the ranks, cares about the guests and CMs. Rumored to be retiring, but we shall see. Excellent Choice!

        Mary Niven - Great lady, cares about the parks and guests, loves live entertainment and kinetic energy. Knows the parks and their history. Passed over a number of times strangely. Great Choice!

        Michael Colglazier - former DLR President, currently stressing out over Asia situation, but freed up. Rumored to be aloof and cold. Not a great choice

        Rebecca Campbell - Chapek's lieutenant, rumored to be a cross between Chapek and Meg Crofton (yikes! ). Tight smiles and fake enthusiasm, also rumored to know little about the parks. Not a great choice.

        Maybe Matt Ouimet can be lured back. Unlikely he'd work for a philistine like Chapek. Outstanding Choice!!!!

        Any others to add to the list??
        Geee add my name .......
        maybe I can get a MICKEY t-shirt lol
        Just joking

        Matt Ouimet would be great......But he would never work , for Disney again
        Disney lost and Knott's gain ........
        Ouimet newly created position of executive chairman of the board of directors at Cedar Fair!
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

        Comment


        • #5
          If recent past promotions imply anything, then its going to be someone in the consumer products branch, or somewhere else in the company.

          I get the vibe that anyone in the parks business is automatically blacklisted or considered inferior for any executive roles. I feel like that's the reason, of why no DLR employee has held the title of DLR President in years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

            Geee add my name .......
            maybe I can get a MICKEY t-shirt lol
            Just joking

            Matt Ouimet would be great......But he would never work , for Disney again
            Disney lost and Knott's gain ........
            Ouimet newly created position of executive chairman of the board of directors at Cedar Fair!
            I'd take you anyday of the week! Eagleman for Chair!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

              I'd take you anyday of the week! Eagleman for Chair!
              LOL you might...........You , I get long with !
              __Chapek NO WAY__
              In fact , I think there going be many leaving the company
              because Chapek is now CEO
              IMO

              Last edited by Eagleman; 02-26-2020, 09:55 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

              Comment


              • #8
                Crossing my fingers for George or Josh, Frightened that it will be Rebecca Campbell.
                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

                  Geee add my name .......
                  maybe I can get a MICKEY t-shirt lol
                  Just joking

                  Matt Ouimet would be great......But he would never work , for Disney again
                  Disney lost and Knott's gain ........
                  Ouimet newly created position of executive chairman of the board of directors at Cedar Fair!
                  Agreed! Knotts is so much better ever since Matt Ouimet took over. But for the sake of Knotts I would hate for him to go go back to Disney.

                  My vote goes to you Eagleman!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Rebecca Campbell. It’ll have to be Rebecca Campbell. No way it can’t be Rebecca Campbell.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It'll either be Rebecca Campbell, or one the numerous Chapek-think-a-likes from Parks, Consumer Products or Strategic Planning.

                      No way would Chapek take the risk of hiring people with more Parks experience than he (like Josh or George), although it's not outside the realm of possibility that Iger might pressure him to do so.
                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

                      - Walt Disney

                      "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

                      "It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fingers crossed for George Kalogridis, but if Colglazier can handle Coronavirus well then I expect he'll be promoted. Campbell and D'Amaro strike me as not having enough experience to be elevated to a higher position just yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                          Fingers crossed for George Kalogridis, but if Colglazier can handle Coronavirus well then I expect he'll be promoted. Campbell and D'Amaro strike me as not having enough experience to be elevated to a higher position just yet.
                          That’s exactly why it will be one of them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Probably be someone who has never even set foot in a Disney park.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My vote goes to you Eagleman!
                              [/QUOTE]

                              Aw.....THANK YOU
                              Under Chapek.........I would have say No Way

                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                It would be nice if Mary Niven got the promotion, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Josh or George would be great people for that position too. But the skeptic in me agrees with Mr Wiggins. It'll probably be Rebecca Campbell or some other Chapek minion.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Going be Interesting..............
                                  Rebecca Campbell not into parks,
                                  She would take the whole operation of Products/Experiences - Chair
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                    It'll either be Rebecca Campbell, or one the numerous Chapek-think-a-likes from Parks, Consumer Products or Strategic Planning.

                                    No way would Chapek take the risk of hiring people with more Parks experience than he (like Josh or George), although it's not outside the realm of possibility that Iger might pressure him to do so.
                                    The rumor is Campbell is a Bob Chapek/Meg Crofton chimera with less than half the experience and charm of the originals. 😄

                                    She'd be a perfect placement to lieutenant for Chapek and do his bidding.

                                    5/3 odds its her

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

                                      The rumor is Campbell is a Bob Chapek/Meg Crofton chimera with less than half the experience and charm of the originals. 😄
                                      Los Angeles Times,

                                      She'd be a perfect placement to lieutenant for Chapek and do his bidding.

                                      5/3 odds its her
                                      😄Sound like you been to Las Vegas 😄
                                      LoL
                                      place your bet..........(jusy joking)

                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I doubt it will happen, but I think it would be beneficial to the company to split the Parks, Products & Experiences division up again. Have a Consumer Products & Merchandise division, and a 'Destinations' division for Travel. There's no need to lump the barely semi-related divisions together.

                                        A guy can dream...

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X