Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Replace Bob Chapek as Disney Parks/Products/Experiences Chair?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    Chapek is now in control of whole company
    IMO not going to matter........who run Disney Parks/Products/Experiences.
    Ever thing will be the Chapek way and we know his MO !

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    ...Ken joined Consumer Products after more than two decades of leadership experience at Disney Parks. Throughout his career, Ken has consistently challenged the status quo – enabling a holistic entrepreneurial culture that defies the odds and ensures the unparalleled “Disney Difference” is delivered each day to Guests, consumers and fans.

Ken is also well-known for developing, invigorating and transforming numerous Disney properties and businesses to deliver consistent and dynamic growth. Most recently, Ken served as the Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, the Company’s innovative and fast-growing vacation ownership program, as well as Adventures by Disney, the Company's award-winning guided group travel business.

In 2015, Ken led the dramatic expansion and reimagining of Disney Springs, Walt Disney World's iconic retail, dining and entertainment district. Previously, Ken was Senior Vice President of Disney Sports Enterprises, where he led the transformative rebranding of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida. Ken began his Disney career in 1996 as Vice President, Marketing for Disney Cruise Line, where he helped define and launch the Company’s bold entry into the cruise industry...

QUINT: Cage goes in the water... you go in the water... shark's in the water. Our shark.
    [SINGS]: Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies
    Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain
    For we've received orders to sail back to Boston
    And so nevermore will we see you again.

-- Jaws

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-01-2020, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Originally posted by rld275501 View Post

What about Ken Potrock? Since Chapek himself was President of Condumer Products, wouldn’t it make sense for him to choose someone with a similar background similar to him? Ken Potrock is currently President of Consumer Products.
    CRUD! Based on his profile, he is literally set to take the position:
    Ken joined Consumer Products after more than two decades of leadership experience at Disney Parks. Throughout his career, Ken has consistently challenged the status quo – enabling a holistic entrepreneurial culture that defies the odds and ensures the unparalleled “Disney Difference” is delivered each day to Guests, consumers and fans.

Ken is also well-known for developing, invigorating and transforming numerous Disney properties and businesses to deliver consistent and dynamic growth. Most recently, Ken served as the Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, the Company’s innovative and fast-growing vacation ownership program, as well as Adventures by Disney, the Company's award-winning guided group travel business.

In 2015, Ken led the dramatic expansion and reimagining of Disney Springs, Walt Disney World's iconic retail, dining and entertainment district. Previously, Ken was Senior Vice President of Disney Sports Enterprises, where he led the transformative rebranding of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida. Ken began his Disney career in 1996 as Vice President, Marketing for Disney Cruise Line, where he helped define and launch the Company’s bold entry into the cruise industry.
    Now, I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but...that's......oh boy...
    As President of Consumer Products, Ken Potrock leads Disney’s global merchandising effort to bring beloved characters, brands and stories to market through the Disney …Read More

Leave a comment:

• rld275501
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
    Looking at the possible candidates:

Josh D'Amaro - Great guy, well liked by CMs and seem to actually care about the parks. Just moved to WDW, may stay in place. Excellent Choice!

George Kalogridis - Great guy, worked his way through the ranks, cares about the guests and CMs. Rumored to be retiring, but we shall see. Excellent Choice!

Mary Niven - Great lady, cares about the parks and guests, loves live entertainment and kinetic energy. Knows the parks and their history. Passed over a number of times strangely. Great Choice!

Michael Colglazier - former DLR President, currently stressing out over Asia situation, but freed up. Rumored to be aloof and cold. Not a great choice

Rebecca Campbell - Chapek's lieutenant, rumored to be a cross between Chapek and Meg Crofton (yikes! ). Tight smiles and fake enthusiasm, also rumored to know little about the parks. Not a great choice.

Maybe Matt Ouimet can be lured back. Unlikely he'd work for a philistine like Chapek. Outstanding Choice!!!!

Any others to add to the list??
    What about Ken Potrock? Since Chapek himself was President of Condumer Products, wouldn’t it make sense for him to choose someone with a similar background similar to him? Ken Potrock is currently President of Consumer Products.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Who-framed-roger-rabbit-disneyscreencaps.com-3632.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	8614384
    Chapek's dream choice

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    I doubt it will happen, but I think it would be beneficial to the company to split the Parks, Products & Experiences division up again. Have a Consumer Products & Merchandise division, and a 'Destinations' division for Travel. There's no need to lump the barely semi-related divisions together.

A guy can dream...
    I agree with YOU
    But the the man , wants a super TARGET store !

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    I doubt it will happen, but I think it would be beneficial to the company to split the Parks, Products & Experiences division up again. Have a Consumer Products & Merchandise division, and a 'Destinations' division for Travel. There's no need to lump the barely semi-related divisions together.

A guy can dream...

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

The rumor is Campbell is a Bob Chapek/Meg Crofton chimera with less than half the experience and charm of the originals. 😄
    Los Angeles Times,

She'd be a perfect placement to lieutenant for Chapek and do his bidding.

5/3 odds its her
    😄Sound like you been to Las Vegas 😄
    LoL
    place your bet..........(jusy joking)

Leave a comment:

• Golden Zephyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    It'll either be Rebecca Campbell, or one the numerous Chapek-think-a-likes from Parks, Consumer Products or Strategic Planning.

No way would Chapek take the risk of hiring people with more Parks experience than he (like Josh or George), although it's not outside the realm of possibility that Iger might pressure him to do so.
    The rumor is Campbell is a Bob Chapek/Meg Crofton chimera with less than half the experience and charm of the originals. 😄

She'd be a perfect placement to lieutenant for Chapek and do his bidding.

5/3 odds its her

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Going be Interesting..............
    Rebecca Campbell not into parks,
    She would take the whole operation of Products/Experiences - Chair

Leave a comment:

• C. Andrew Nelson
    replied
    It would be nice if Mary Niven got the promotion, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Josh or George would be great people for that position too. But the skeptic in me agrees with Mr Wiggins. It'll probably be Rebecca Campbell or some other Chapek minion.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    My vote goes to you Eagleman!
    [/QUOTE]

Aw.....THANK YOU
    Under Chapek.........I would have say No Way

Leave a comment:

• Diznygrl
    replied
    Probably be someone who has never even set foot in a Disney park.

Leave a comment:

• Mastersarge
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    Fingers crossed for George Kalogridis, but if Colglazier can handle Coronavirus well then I expect he'll be promoted. Campbell and D'Amaro strike me as not having enough experience to be elevated to a higher position just yet.
    That’s exactly why it will be one of them.

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    Fingers crossed for George Kalogridis, but if Colglazier can handle Coronavirus well then I expect he'll be promoted. Campbell and D'Amaro strike me as not having enough experience to be elevated to a higher position just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    It'll either be Rebecca Campbell, or one the numerous Chapek-think-a-likes from Parks, Consumer Products or Strategic Planning.

No way would Chapek take the risk of hiring people with more Parks experience than he (like Josh or George), although it's not outside the realm of possibility that Iger might pressure him to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Mastersarge
    replied
    Rebecca Campbell. It’ll have to be Rebecca Campbell. No way it can’t be Rebecca Campbell.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Geee add my name .......
    maybe I can get a MICKEY t-shirt lol
    Just joking

Matt Ouimet would be great......But he would never work , for Disney again
    Disney lost and Knott's gain ........
    Ouimet newly created position of executive chairman of the board of directors at Cedar Fair!
    Agreed! Knotts is so much better ever since Matt Ouimet took over. But for the sake of Knotts I would hate for him to go go back to Disney.

My vote goes to you Eagleman!

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    Crossing my fingers for George or Josh, Frightened that it will be Rebecca Campbell.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

I'd take you anyday of the week! Eagleman for Chair!
    LOL you might...........You , I get long with !
    __Chapek NO WAY__
    In fact , I think there going be many leaving the company
    because Chapek is now CEO
    IMO

Last edited by Eagleman; 02-26-2020, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X