Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Quick Question about an Elephant in the resort (and not Dumbo)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick Question about an Elephant in the resort (and not Dumbo)

Hello Fellow Chatters

I want to talk about an Elephant in the resort ( not Dumbo)

Ok this has been eating at me for a while. Why is it so hard to get from the Paradise Pier Hotel into DCA? I mean how much would it actually cost to build a Sky Bridge from the second floor of the hotel to the rear side of Pixar Pier? (And should it be the Pixar Pier Hotel know? or is it and I missed that?) or maybe a pedestrian tunnel. A monorail station there would not hurt my feet trying to walk to DL.

The tunnel might not work due to infrastructure obstructions ( power, water, communications, city utilities, etc. ) but there is zero problems with a Sky bridge. You could even set up a security check point on the park side to help guest get in. The could use the sides to advertise and display park info on South Disneyland Drive. It would also cut back foot traffic in the Grand California lobby and on South Disneyland Drive.

The sky Bridge could have decorative Pixar lamps to illuminate the bridge and a series of Pixar balls down the center to form lanes of travel. great Photo opportunities anyone ? if done right it could help control traffic flow ( which is going to get crazy when Avengers campus opens)

I’m just asking…what’s your opinion?

Also as long as we are chatting up the Paradise Piers Hotel, what would you think of tearing down the PPH and replacing it with a newer version, (with more room and suites.. the Disney Corporates have got to love that Idea) with the above mention Sky bridge and maybe add a larger parking structure? The parking structure could be west of the hotel and would supply replacement parking that's already there and allow DCA to expand into the huge area starting at the corner of South Disneyland Drive and West Katella Ave, running north and west. Connect to DCA via Sky Bridge or Pedestrian tunnel….room for a new land. They could add more food venues and shops ( once again to make corporate happy) and maybe even some attractions ( gasp!!!)

Ok I site back and let you all talk

you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

The former Emerald Hotel, once owned by another conglomerate when it was built in the 80s..... but now owned by Disney is in an oddball position no doubt ... not being “connected” with the rest of the resort. There’s no excuse for it since Disney took it over in 1995, and DCA/Downtown Disney came 5-6 years later. Blame Eisner as as the whole DCA project was built on the cheap.

Now there was that plan to reinvent the west half of DtD along with the DLH. A plan since scrubbed. So I wonder how that hotel could have been more integrated.

But I think the question of:

“Why no connection into DtD/DCA?” Can be rounded up with - where’s the Harbour Blvd bridge into the Esplanade? Where’s a New Tomorrowland for DL? Where’s the live entertainment SW:GE supposed to have since opening day? Where’s a Peoplemover to connect guests to surrounding resort parking lots discussed for 2 decades now? Where is AA bears for GRR?

Round it it all up to - There’s no budget for any of it. Or they don’t care! Or they’d rather direct money on acquisitions such as Lucas Film, Marvel, 20th Century Fox! ETC ETC ETC!

And rumours are, budget tightening is going to get worse.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 02-27-2020, 06:45 AM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

There was a separate entrance for PPH. It was open 2001-2004.

https://www.yesterland.com/hotelgate.html
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

You beat me to it...I walked past that path many times but never used it.. It went away when they built the GCH expansion ,DCV, and underground parking garage
        Last edited by Jerryp49; 02-27-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

They won't bother with it at its current price point. For Disneyland, the Paradise Pier hotel is their value resort, (overpriced I know) and its amenities and conveniences reflect that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
            There was a separate entrance for PPH. It was open 2001-2004.

https://www.yesterland.com/hotelgate.html
            I remember the separate entrance for the Grand Californian into DCA ... but not this one. Thanks for reminding me.
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Many reasons it's not happening anytime soon:

1. It's a huge expense
              2. It's not a sexy expansion that they can mark a notch on the CEO's score card.
              3. It would be an admission of a poor design
              4. Going into DCA would require yet another security check point staffed by personnel.
              5. See #1

Comment

I honestly agree, that there should be better direct entry to DTD or DCA. It's also a bit of a slap in the face for PPH guests, who can no longer use the GCH enterance full time, despite also being 'Disney Hotel guests'.

There is a chance that they will eventually add better pedestrian access for PPH, as they added a Skybridge for access for the Parking Garages and DTD. If anything, they should add a decorative path from PPH to DTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                  It's also a bit of a slap in the face for PPH guests, who can no longer use the GCH enterance full time, despite also being 'Disney Hotel guests'.
                  You know there are two types of "Guests" now? The regular plebes, and then the money bags. I'm sure Chapek would make it an up-sell for that kind of "service".

“Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                  so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                  WDW Trips: '81
                  EPCOT Trips: '93
                  Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post

You know there are two types of "Guests" now? The regular plebes, and then the money bags. I'm sure Chapek would make it an up-sell for that kind of "service".
                    Ha!!! Great minds think alike! When I saw Spongeocto's post the first thing that popped into my mind was "Hey, maybe they can 'upcharge' PPH guests and give them a pass to use the GCH doors".
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X