Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New (to me) Star Tours, stormy sea and creature.... are there more new tours?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (to me) Star Tours, stormy sea and creature.... are there more new tours?

I really enjoy Star Tours
    this last Sunday was my first experience with the undersea version

it was great!
    I rarely hear as much screaming as that adventure produced (Hoth, the slide down the icy mountain may still be the scream front runner)

I was thrilled and the rest of those in the shuttle, walked out babbling and excited...

are there more new " tours"?

The trip through the core on Naboo has been there awhile, must have finally gotten the luck of the draw on that destination. I can't really speak for what would be "new" to you, but I know as each new sequel trilogy movie came out, a new destination was added to reflect it. (Crait, Jakku, not sure about the latest one) and to hype Galaxy's Edge, they started rotating in a Black Spire Outpost destination scene as well.
    "Have I gone mad?"
    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

There are several combinations and I believe some adventures can be mixed and matched leading to a huge number of combinations. ( I still miss the original trilogy adventures with the OG trench run and the lack of 3D glasses though. )

Update: after a brief web search it appears there are now 54 combinations available.
      Last edited by Starcade; 03-03-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

The one that you witnessed has a direct tie to Episode 9 which for me is awesome. Also the story is actually a cohesive piece so it really can draw riders in. I love it and wish they would come up with more storied versions instead of the usual mashups they do. To answer your question there are no other new missions that I know of.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
          The trip through the core on Naboo has been there awhile, must have finally gotten the luck of the draw on that destination. I can't really speak for what would be "new" to you, but I know as each new sequel trilogy movie came out, a new destination was added to reflect it. (Crait, Jakku, not sure about the latest one) and to hype Galaxy's Edge, they started rotating in a Black Spire Outpost destination scene as well.
          Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
          The one that you witnessed has a direct tie to Episode 9 which for me is awesome. Also the story is actually a cohesive piece so it really can draw riders in. I love it and wish they would come up with more storied versions instead of the usual mashups they do. To answer your question there are no other new missions that I know of.
          Right now vehicles are locked into the Episode IX destination, which is where Death Star II crashed into after exploding (a moon of Endor). The creatures there were dianoga, which ardent fans know as the force-sensitive aliens that pulled Luke underwater in the trash compactor of Episode IV. You likely saw Lando Calrissian send his transmission, but there was some rumor that Rey herself will be a potential transmission in the future too. Exegol is the next destination, which is a pivotal location in Episode IX. The ending is also new, finally showing us more of the true pilot AC-38 of Star Tours flights (Ace) and some new gags. I suspect these will all be worked into the regular rotation once people get bored of this one. I do think it is one of the better additions we have seen, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
            I agree, some of the earlier had a better set up to draw the passenger into the action and story
            some of the newer were rather choppy, some parts of the experience seemingly thrown in wit the "shake them up and make it loud" style

"mashup" is a good word for it

that is what I did not like about soaring over the bent tower world version of soaring... and, for that matter, smugglers run
            I worry that is is generational... meaning, there will be more tendency to excessively loud and... more loud.... rather than style

I agree, this one... was well done, smashing through huge waves... was really well done... the creature had a nice balance of humor and threat

the landing, careless landing, hitting another vehicle, smashing into the hanger droid, dropping to another level... was also so well done

though I think I was the only one laughing at CP30's "in case we don't make it, you are the best passengers ever" (something like that)
            there was a lot of screaming... I think many missed that line

hoping for more like this

some time ago the familiar (still enjoyable) set that ends with "brakes brakes brakes!" and collusion in the boat house, ended with the being on the craft in the boat house throwing a bucket of something onto the screen, eliciting a lot of "oOOoooooooooo ick" from the young ones... and a nice unexpected ending

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Right now vehicles are locked into the Episode IX destination, which is where Death Star II crashed into after exploding (a moon of Endor). The creatures there were dianoga, which ardent fans know as the force-sensitive aliens that pulled Luke underwater in the trash compactor of Episode IV. You likely saw Lando Calrissian send his transmission, but there was some rumor that Rey herself will be a potential transmission in the future too. Exegol is the next destination, which is a pivotal location in Episode IX. The ending is also new, finally showing us more of the true pilot AC-38 of Star Tours flights (Ace) and some new gags. I suspect these will all be worked into the regular rotation once people get bored of this one. I do think it is one of the better additions we have seen, frankly.
              Looking forward to that...
              this one was great

judging by the screams during the adventure and the excited chatter leaving, everyone really enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Ah, didn't know there's a new under water scene involving a monster lol
                "Have I gone mad?"
                "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Stormy sea and creature....sound interesting..........
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

it was fun.... I'm considering facing the storm tomorrow and going
                    would like to do a couple more trips through Star Tours

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X