Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Hotel Refurbishments 2020

Hey everybody. I saw a pop-up when I was booking my stay at the DLH for this summer that they are doing some refurb work during the day starting 2/2 and going through until this fall. Has there been any news on what this is entailing? I know they usually do pool/slide maintenance around now but this is going through most of the year. I'm wondering if they are just refreshing the rooms or if the construction they are talking about is the prep work for the proposed DVC Hotel. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being back out there in August also.

I would think it would be in prep for the DVC Hotel expansion. They will need to adjust the grounds near that future site to accommodate the construction. I believe they recently refurbished the rooms within the past decade I know DGC just went through their own room updates last year I believe so the room return would be likely PPH.

Comment

More Refurbs? Weird, I thought Disney was putting every project on freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdean707 View Post
        More Refurbs? Weird, I thought Disney was putting every project on freeze.
        True. All is frozen, nothing will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post

True. All is frozen, nothing will be done.
          Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried...

Comment

We have reservations in mid-November and recently were sent an email about it. So I called for more information.
            CM told me that it's a "soft" refurb, with workers sprucing up carpets, drapes, bedding and other accoutrements. The work supposedly will be limited to 9-5, and will be mean rooms will be unavailable or parts or all of specific floors.
            The project started in the Frontier Tower, but will be hotel-wide. Common facilities like restaurants and pools are not expected to be affected.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X