Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

You may be right. The NCAA will be losing some money because of this and the NBA a lot more. Disney is not the only company that will be losing money during this crisis. They really do need to close down until this pandemic ends. Imagine the news on either coast if a CM or guest gets sick which at this point to me does not seem likely - it seems inevitable.
    Hasn’t a CM already tested positive in Paris? I think they’re still open too.

Comment

• NBA season canceled. Ish just got real...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
        IMO
        They need to
        permanently """BAN""" all , “Blow Hand Dryers”
        from ALL public place's..........Gross.....way to save money
        If you've ever taken one of those things apart to fix it (I have), they're pretty disgusting inside..........

Comment

• The term "flatten the curve" has begun to make its way around the mainstream and social media.

This explains the need for early, massive quarantines. We need to slow the rate at which people get the virus so we don't overwhelm our healthcare system. At some point, everyone on the planet is going to get the virus. It's inevitable. That does not mean everyone is going to get very sick, it just means we are all going to get the virus - eventually. It makes sense to spread it out as much as possible, so we all have a chance to get medical treatment if necessary.

Based on what happened in China, I think the quarantines will rapidly increase to the point where people rarely go out. That will last a few weeks, and then they will lift the quarantines slowly. People coming out of quarantine are still going to get the virus. We will just have a chance to control the rate at which people get infected.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...fight-n1155636

Comment

• ^ This!
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

• Hollywood Reporter: Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson Test Positive for Coronavirus; Elvis Movie Halted

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19), the actor posted Wednesday on his personal Instagram.

Writing from Australia, where Hanks is filming Baz Luhrmann’s as-yet untitled Elvis Presley movie for Warner Bros., the actor said: "Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive."

He added: "Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?"

Hanks, 63, is set to play Colonel Tom Parker in Luhrmann's Elvis film that is in preproduction on Australia's Gold Coast.

On March 5, Wilson performed songs from her new album Halfway to Home at Brisbane's Emporium Hotel. On Saturday, Wilson made her debut at the Sydney Opera House. It is not yet known if Wilson was infectious then.

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, a Warner Bros. spokesperson confirmed that preproduction on the film has been halted after a "company member" on the Elvis production had tested positive for coronavirus and that the "individual who tested positive for COVID-19 is currently receiving treatment.”

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

• All travel from Europe banned for 30 days (except UK??).

I think they should close all major events for a couple of weeks. The gov is doing some kind of vague emergency package, hopefully they can help out with the economic impact. 2 weeks is nothing if it saves from a worse outcome. It would give more time to get tests out and slow the spread. I don’t know if we should stop all movement like they did in China, but big events and gatherings, should be postponed. I still go to Starbucks but I’m not going to the Rose Bowl.

Why aren’t they banning travel from Korea, the 2nd largest outbreak?

Comment

• Originally posted by micromind View Post

If you've ever taken one of those things apart to fix it (I have), they're pretty disgusting inside..........
                  “Blow Hand Dryers”
                  GROSS.....just thinking about it !
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by brian11811 View Post

Good Question..............
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-11-2020, 08:44 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                      Cash or Card

In addition to washing your hands after touching money, other forms of protection include using antibacterial or baby wipes to clean phones and credit cards, and carrying your own pen to sign receipts."[/I]
                      Cash or Card........and phones....

I read all that today on the News.......
                      Dang
                      Things one, do not think about ....but true......

Now when come out store or some other place....
                      The first thing I do .....WASH my HAND......when I get to the car....
                      and do not touch your face......which one do all the time, without thinking about!

I try to do one stop shopping, but that hard to do .
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                        All travel from Europe banned for 30 days (except UK??).

I think they should close all major events for a couple of weeks. The gov is doing some kind of vague emergency package, hopefully they can help out with the economic impact. 2 weeks is nothing if it saves from a worse outcome. It would give more time to get tests out and slow the spread. I don’t know if we should stop all movement like they did in China, but big events and gatherings, should be postponed. I still go to Starbucks but I’m not going to the Rose Bowl.

I believe Korea, as well as China and some other Asian countries were already banned. Italy as well. The question should be why the exemption for the UK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

I believe Korea, as well as China and some other Asian countries were already banned. Italy as well. The question should be why the exemption for the UK?
                          About week ago ........Your Right........and you asking good question
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• With the numerous closures and other decisions Disneyland staying open right now seems a little tone deaf at best and willfully ignorant at worst. There is far more interaction between people in this space with multiple surfaces being touched as opposed to a concert or a game.

I know Disney’s PR and legal team have surely weighed the cost benefits but man if the park stays open a week or more beyond these other measures and it gets out that several CMs have the virus (which is already almost assuredly true based on sheer probability alone) the negative storm of press will be horrendous. Same if some guests return from a trip and are deemed positive carriers. Cruise lines had the benefit of claiming this thing was a surprise, with everything else closing or cancelling Disney could not use that spin.

Admittedly I don’t have any stake in the game as we don’t have a trip until next Christmas, for which I am hoping things calm down a bit, but at this point in time packing 100k+ people into a few acres seems to be a little clueless when all of Europe can’t travel to the US, no?
                            Last edited by linkeq2001; 03-11-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• And now Princess Cruises are suspending operations for 60 days.

The pressure keeps mounting, Disney.

Comment

• The media has been underplaying the issue. We are two weeks behind, just as Italy was. Why? We (humans) seem to have a difficulty grasping how exponential growth plays out. The curve didn't flatten in China without massive quarantines. Why would it be any different here? I looked up wait times at the resort yesterday, they were still pretty darn high. 107 minutes for Space Mountain. I can understand not wanting to cancel your trip and disappoint the family. And I think we see the result with those wait times. That is why the state needs to move ahead and force theme park closures immediately. But as of yesterday Governor Gavin hadn't even closed the public schools.

If you think this is just the flu, why is Italy's health care system overwhelmed right now? They have the flu there and their health care system doesn't buckle from that.
                                Last edited by indiginerd; 03-12-2020, 06:23 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X