Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on: Possible Mistake Disney is Making... Again.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on: Possible Mistake Disney is Making... Again.

I was just searching the web and came across an interesting article. It’s about DCA, of course and offers interesting topics. What are your thoughts? (I was curious only because of the latter part of the title, which unfortunately I feel is somewhat true).
    DECLASSIFIED DISASTER: Disney California Adventure – Part II: Way back in Part I, we explored the conception and design of Disneyland's infamous second gate and what guests saw there that made them not want to return. Today, we'll pick up after the park's grand $1.2 billion redesign to explore the reborn Disney California Adventure... and how just a few years after its re-opening with a brand new Californian story, Disney may be re-making old mistakes...
    An Aspiring Walt Disney Imagineer.

An interesting quote:

"Bob Iger spoke to The Wall Street Journal in 2010: 'Steve Jobs is fond of talking about brand deposits and brand withdrawals. Any time you do something mediocre with your brand, that's a withdrawal. California Adventure was a brand withdrawal.'"

Eight years later, he turned around and made the King of Brand Withdrawal the head of Disney Parks... and two years after that, CEO of the Disney Company.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      An interesting quote:

"Bob Iger spoke to The Wall Street Journal in 2010: 'Steve Jobs is fond of talking about brand deposits and brand withdrawals. Any time you do something mediocre with your brand, that's a withdrawal. California Adventure was a brand withdrawal.'"

Eight years later, he turned around and made the King of Brand Withdrawal the head of Disney Parks... and two years after that, CEO of the Disney Company.
      That is a very interesting Quote and he allowed another massive withdrawal with Pixar Peir. I'll reserve my Judgement on the Marvel area until I see the finished product to determine is that is a deposit or withdrawal. I am not happy they are again choosing to open a land incomplete without it's star attraction though.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Just imagine how awesome Disneyland would be if it had been run by Steve jobs all these years.

Comment

Personally, I adore Pixar Pier. The only thing I miss about California Screamin was that all the cars were different colors. At this point I think they should just change the name of the Park.

Comment

An interesting quote:

Spot on.

Comment

I almost see this a a swap. Essentially, Universal takes over Disney’s spot as the creative company not concerned with IP. (Hence the name Universal Creative) Cedar Fair Takes Universal’s former spot with themed attractions and thrilling rollercoasters. Six Flags stays, well Six Flags. SeaWorld stays becomes Six Flags-esque with better landscaping. Essentially, a cleaner version (rival) of Six Flags.
              An Aspiring Walt Disney Imagineer.

Comment

An interesting quote:

and now Disney California Adventure , has become a "Advertisement Billboard" amusement park !
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by rld275501 View Post
                  Universal takes over Disney’s spot as the creative company not concerned with IP.
                  Harry Potter?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

and now Disney California Adventure , has become a "Advertisement Billboard" amusement park !
                    Sad but true. I was so excited by the California Adventure improvements 2012-2016. For those few years, the park was really at the best its ever been.

Coherent theming, live entertainment, old classics and a cool retro 1920s 1930s vibe, it was amazing.

And it had all been cashed in for some tacking IP and marketing swaps.

A brand withdrawal indeed. I'm looking forward to some more brand deposits, hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Sad but true. I was so excited by the California Adventure improvements 2012-2016. For those few years, the park was really at the best its ever been.

Coherent theming, live entertainment, old classics and a cool retro 1920s 1930s vibe, it was amazing.

And it had all been cashed in for some tacking IP and marketing swaps.

A brand withdrawal indeed. I'm looking forward to some more brand deposits, hopefully soon.
                      I remember being so excited for DCA during this time. It had become my favorite Disney park in the US besides animal kingdom. Now, I have basically given up on the Disneyland Resort. I find myself being more excited for Universal rides and I plan on just saving my money for the overseas parks like Disneysea. I'm grateful I got to see the 2012 Vision of DCA, but I think Disney is long done with cohesive park visions. Now it's a brand push. The new Disney park fans will love anything Disney does and continue to spend money there no matter what, so they will feel no reason to ever go back to the old ways. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by n2drhorton View Post

I remember being so excited for DCA during this time. It had become my favorite Disney park in the US besides animal kingdom. Now, I have basically given up on the Disneyland Resort. I find myself being more excited for Universal rides and I plan on just saving my money for the overseas parks like Disneysea. I'm grateful I got to see the 2012 Vision of DCA, but I think Disney is long done with cohesive park visions. Now it's a brand push. The new Disney park fans will love anything Disney does and continue to spend money there no matter what, so they will feel no reason to ever go back to the old ways. Sad.
                        Great post and my thoughts also. I have not had an AP for years mostly due to cost (have to buy 6 of them) and crowds (too many APers quoting their knowledge). In addition, it takes almost two hours to get there from Santa Clarita. I got one this last year solely for Galaxy's Edge, but I was so underwhelmed with SWGE, I don't need to renew. Plus, I have no desire to see Avengers since I have not seen any of the movies or anything related to that new land.

USH is my go to park now and always has as a former employee. The amount of money Comcast is putting into the park is incredible.
                        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

maybe it is my age... but, I go to Disneyland for.... Disneyland...
                          we still ride Casey Jones and Storybook land, Pooh is one of the prettiest attractions in that style...
                          though our favorites... are a bit more active

attractions that are Disneyland"ish" Buzz Lightyear, and even Star Tours... seem to be favorites with everyone I know

few spend any time on the Pier style attractions... pay over a hundred dollars for county fair rides?
                          we love Monsters inc and TSM, even soaring...

but CA does not have as much to offer as Disneyland

GE lacks the spirited Star Wars quality of the walk through area of Star tours
                          it has more of the loud snarky robot at the final turn, omen of the new personality of Disneyland?
                          hondo yelling at the guests... who are riding a smart car version of the Falcon...

we haven't seen RotR yet, the few who have, were so impressed...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X