Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of beef at Bengal BBQ greatly improved

Just ate at Bengal BBQ for the first time in a while. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the quality of the beef has greatly improved.

It was tender, moist, perfectly cooked and lean without any chewy parts. Steakhouse quality. The Banyan sauce was great as always.

Does anyone know if Disney has changed their supplier or the cut used?
    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

I've actually never had a bad one I can think of from there. Love the beef one!!!
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

My favorite place..........

I haven't visited is a few years but I remember the food there was a bit better than any other place.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
        I've actually never had a bad one I can think of from there. Love the beef one!!!
        I haven't been that lucky. I love the Banyan beef sticks there, but as I recall, there was always at least one chewy or fatty one on the stick. Not this last time. Perhaps I did just get lucky, or I've been unlucky in the past.

By the way, we also tried the Char Siu Pork Rib Rice Bowl, and loved it. Meaty and well seasoned.

Then on to the Tropical Hideaway for the Indiana Jones special loaded Dole Whip for dessert. Delicious and easily enough for 2 to share. Could have done without the gummy worms, but they looked adorable. As did the chocolate covered fudge ball, which tasted like a Disney cake pop (maybe it was?)

One of the best meals we've ever had at Disneyland. Tasty, filling, great ambiance (especially the Hideaway), convenient. And surprisingly affordable.

Now, if Disney would start serving mixed drinks or beer at those locations...

Comment

whiteness I second your assessment. We love Bengal BBQ. One of the best meals in the parks for the price. Also, if you are looking for a low carb option, its hard to beat!

Very much a fan of the Bengal BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
            whiteness I second your assessment. We love Bengal BBQ. One of the best meals in the parks for the price. Also, if you are looking for a low carb option, its hard to beat!

Very much a fan of the Bengal BBQ!
            And we love the expanded seating area as well. The lack of seating was always one of the biggest drawbacks, and they fixed it. Especially with the Tropical Hideout just "down the road." It's like Blue Bayou with reasonable prices and you don't need a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

And we love the expanded seating area as well. The lack of seating was always one of the biggest drawbacks, and they fixed it. Especially with the Tropical Hideout just "down the road." It's like Blue Bayou with reasonable prices and you don't need a reservation.
              I for No reservation....expanded seating area as well......
              both make it nice....for relax and eat !
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I normally just get the vegetable ones and sometimes I'll get the bacon asparagus. They both seem to have always been good but I remember maybe 5 or 6 years ago I got some of the beef ones and they were pretty bad. I've never got the beef ones again since so I can't say. But overall in the past ten years Disneyland has diffenately stepped up its game when it comes to their food.

Comment

Bengal BBQ is my wife's favorite spot to get a snack, so I've never had a bad experience w/ them... especially now that they made room for actual seating.
                  "Have I gone mad?"
                  "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                    I normally just get the vegetable ones and sometimes I'll get the bacon asparagus. They both seem to have always been good but I remember maybe 5 or 6 years ago I got some of the beef ones and they were pretty bad. I've never got the beef ones again since so I can't say. But overall in the past ten years Disneyland has diffenately stepped up its game when it comes to their food.
                    I suggest you try the beef again and see if I'm right.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X