Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best rate for Disneyland Hotel

I have never stayed at the DH or any of the other resort hotels. I would like to stay there this summer for my daughter's birthday. (Understand that I'll pay a premium given time of year). I've gone to the DH hotel website to look at rates. I've checked other sites like undercover tourist, cheap hotels, etc (none are better than the DH website, one of them even says no rooms available for my dates). I am an AP holder but the dates I'm looking for aren't available yet through the AP holder website. Any suggestions on how or where to book the best possible rate? Thanks.
    Last edited by hbdad; 03-09-2020, 07:44 PM.

Suggestion: consider staying an another nice hotel within easy walking distance and with the money you save eat at the Napa Rose for her birthday. Make it extra special & try to get a reservation for the chef's counter and let your daughter sit in the middle. (The savings might not cover that, but it's a worthy splurge.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-10-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
      It sounds like you're surprised by the rates you've been seeing for the Disneyland Hotel for when you are visiting. Suggestion: consider staying an another nice hotel within easy walking distance and with the money you save eat at the Napa Rose for her birthday. Make it extra special & try to get a reservation for the chef's counter and let your daughter sit in the middle. (The savings might not cover that, but it's a worthy splurge.)
      Thanks for the suggestion. We might do that. Don’t know how I sounded surprised by the rates when I said I expect them to be high. I’m just wondering if there are some ways to get a lower rate that perhaps people who have stayed there before might know of. Some tricks of the trade as it were.

Comment

There really aren't 'tricks of the trade', per se. There may be special deals advertised and random AP discounts but none of them are 'routine' enough that you can predict when (or if) they'll be offered. Usually if 'special rates' are offered they're usually for a short period and offered relatively close to the date of the offer. It will be something like "Book before <insert date> and your stay must be by <90 days later>" so it's a 'good' offer if you've already got those days booked at a higher price OR you are free to travel on short notice. It's also not uncommon that the offers are only for 'premium' and above rooms OR that the discounts are prorated, like 10% on standard rooms, 15% on 'preferred' rooms (views), and 25% on concierge level.

DL resorts aren't like WDW with regular, value, regular 2, etc season pricing posted way ahead of time. There are times you'll pay just as much to stay onsite in the middle of February as you would in the middle of June.

So, the only thing to do if you want to stay onsite is to bite the bullet and book the 'going rate' for your stay, then check the rates over and over to see if there is any change as Disney won't notify you. If the price drops they'll cheerfully give you the lower rate, but don't book expecting that you'll end up paying less. We've had it happen a couple of times, but the vast majority of our onsite stays have been at 'full price'.

TD/dr: The 3 onsite are expensive as they are 'the only game in town' and they know it. The regular prices are exorbitant and they jack them UP for special events, but very rarely drop them down.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post
          I am an AP holder but the dates I'm looking for aren't available yet through the AP holder website.
          What is the AP holder website?

Comment

Attend Dapper Day (April or November) and book the hotel through their site. They have the cheapest rates I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. We might do that. Don’t know how I sounded surprised by the rates when I said I expect them to be high. I’m just wondering if there are some ways to get a lower rate that perhaps people who have stayed there before might know of. Some tricks of the trade as it were.
              My bad. Sorry.

Have a fun trip--you sound like a good dad! I'm planning a trip to Disney World with my daughter--my wife is not into Disney.
              Last edited by jcruise86; 03-10-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

What is the AP holder website?
                It's basically the Disney website, but you log on to your account and under Annual Passholders there is a link to Hotel Rates and Availability.

Comment

If you wait a bit I’m sure they will discount Due to low crowds, hopefully they won’t be for long.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X