Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How crazy are the crowds right now?

I am wanting to get some days in on our passes before they expire but TouringPlans, predicts that the crowds will be insane. 9 of 10 or 10 of 10, even during the week. Yet their actual times seem more reasonable, yet sporadic as some underperform wildly while others are true to prediction..

I am reading elsewhere that the COVID-19 scare has caused crowds to ease up. I for one can't abide soul-crushing elbow to elbow crowds.

So, question to those who have been there over the past week or two: What are the crowds like right now?

TIA

Last week was pretty light, Saturday seemed about normal though.

With the rain this week + COVID19 threats, it could get lighter than normal. But it's hard to tell honestly.

Comment

We are in pretty uncharted territory right now. Santa Rosa just put in place the enforced no crowds above 1000 edict in place. People may see this and think it's only a matter of time until Orange County and others follow suit, which is a very real possibility, and therefore crowd Disneyland in order to get those last few days in. Or, people may see this and get scared away, hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
        We are in pretty uncharted territory right now. Santa Rosa just put in place the enforced no crowds above 1000 edict in place. People may see this and think it's only a matter of time until Orange County and others follow suit, which is a very real possibility, and therefore crowd Disneyland in order to get those last few days in. Or, people may see this and get scared away, hard to tell.
        I agree, I predict they will be lighter than normal as those staying away will be offset by those thinking they need to go in volume before a possible shut down. Combine this with increased pricing and HM and other attractions being down with Knott's Boysenberry festival also going and If they are predicting 9-10 I would think it's probably more realistically an 6-7 level in the coming weeks with this week being closer to a 4-5 due to rain.

Comment

Crowds weren't light at all from this last friday through today. Almost all rides were 30+ minute waits. Rather unexpected what with the CV and rain.......

Comment

Originally posted by CHL2T View Post
            Crowds weren't light at all from this last friday through today. Almost all rides were 30+ minute waits. Rather unexpected what with the CV and rain.......
            Just a caution, ride times are very easy to manipulate upwards by limiting staffing and ride vehicle availability and are not a reliable metric of how busy the actual park is.

After the bad press that Disneyland got last year for low ride times Chapek, it is rumored, vowed to never let ride times crash low again. The park was fully staffed last summer and everything running well and ride times were low and sadly that for Disney bad press even though it was one of the most delightful summer openings in years for guests.

People naturally equate low ride times to an an empty park, even when it could be a reflection of a highly efficient operation (well staffed, lots of ride vehicles). Nevertheless, the unfortunate negative connotation now means it is unlikely we are to ever see exceptionally low ride times again in the near future no matter how empty the park is.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

People naturally equate low ride times to an an empty park, even when it could be a reflection of a highly efficient operation (well staffed, lots of ride vehicles). Nevertheless, the unfortunate negative connotation now means it is unlikely we are to ever see exceptionally low ride times again in the near future no matter how empty the park is.
              I agree.......
              limiting staffing and ride vehicle availability
              pay more to get less........to the guest !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

My pass doesn't expire until May but I just can't see a scenario where I'd visit Disneyland right now, given where we are with Covid-19. My parents live with me and I do not want to do anything that would risk putting their health in jeopardy.

I sincerely hope other people will consider that as well. The elderly and those who already have pre-existing conditions are getting hit very hard with Covid-19. We need to try to protect them.

Comment

Originally posted by CHL2T View Post
                  But is that due to Disneyland reducing staffing? They often do that when they think crowds will be lower. That can increase wait times a great deal even if hardly anyone shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

But is that due to Disneyland reducing staffing? They often do that when they think crowds will be lower. That can increase wait times a great deal even if hardly anyone shows up.
                    It's almost as if they don't want people to come back..........

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

It's almost as if they don't want people to come back..........
                      More like arrogance. They have been getting away with bad management for so long they think nothing can touch them. But I think this year they might get a wakeup call.

Comment

If I were in my 20s with no health problems, I would go, but I was also short sighted and selfish in my 20s. They need to get tests out so people can know whether or not they are carrying it, so they won’t spread it to all the people who could die from it. I think they just need the test and then people could go on with their lives, or self quarantine to nip it in the bud before it gets worse.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X