Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merlinjones
    replied
    I'll stick with The African Queen thank you -- I do hope these wan characters aren't added to the attraction, especially the supernatural element.

Leave a comment:

• GwenRowan
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    I'm all for upgrading and plussing Jungle Cruise. No offense to the Rock, Emily Blunt, or Johnny Depp, but I generally hate the idea of shoe-horning actors into pre-existing rides. I know why they do it, but the Jack Sparrow animatronic breaks down often and that's not even exposed to the elements like poor old Trader Sam.
    I agree, the original POTC movie was fantastic...
    but, the ride has lost atmosphere since the various "updates"

it would have been more subtle to add a few characters to scenes without making the attraction about sparrow...
    I'm imaging there will be a "red" movie....
    not that there could not be pirate women, but, she doesn't fit the wonderful grungy scenario...

it has become like a "promo-go-round"

Leave a comment:

• stovk
    replied
    Originally posted by ryborg View Post
    Welp.. here comes the Tarzan treehouse/Jungle cruise retheming and tie-in
    You may be more correct than you know. The first thing I thought of when I saw the "Avatar" tree was, well, there goes the Swiss Family/Tarzan tree.

Leave a comment:

• ryborg
    replied
    Welp.. here comes the Tarzan treehouse/Jungle cruise retheming and tie-in

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    I was hoping for Steam Boat Willy meets the African Queen, I got Raiders of the Lost Amazon meets POTC with some Avatar thrown in. Not sure I am interested or not.

Leave a comment:

• lemuth0922
    replied
    I liked the trailer enough. I just hope they're not praying for this to be the next PoC, because I just don't see how the JC can carry a multi-film franchise.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by Jar.Jar.Abrams View Post
    I agree. I don't understand why they feel they had to make another "supernatural" type of story. Is this another example of the ever-lacking creative thought in Hollywood? It looks like they took many set pieces and elements from the PoC film series and plugged them into this movie.
    Everyone in town who has ever gotten script notes from The Mouse is nodding in sympathy to the folks who made the movie, and rolling their eyes at the blatant formula. When it's obvious in the trailer that the movie is the setup for a franchise, you know it's been through the gauntlet of Notes from the Marketing Committee.

Edited to add: It should be noted that the above doesn't guarantee a bad movie; everyone above and below the line will have done everything they can to make it work, within the corporate constraints that they worked under.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-12-2020, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jar.Jar.Abrams
    replied
    Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post
    After watching the trailer, I am unsure how to react. I almost get a "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" déjà vu feeling. For some reason, I don't have a good feeling about it. Maybe because I see a change to the Attraction looming.

I agree. I don't understand why they feel they had to make another "supernatural" type of story. Is this another example of the ever-lacking creative thought in Hollywood? It looks like they took many set pieces and elements from the PoC film series and plugged them into this movie.

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    I'm all for upgrading and plussing Jungle Cruise. No offense to the Rock, Emily Blunt, or Johnny Depp, but I generally hate the idea of shoe-horning actors into pre-existing rides. I know why they do it, but the Jack Sparrow animatronic breaks down often and that's not even exposed to the elements like poor old Trader Sam.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Blue
    replied
    Just as every new Bond has to nail the first utterance of "shaken, not stirred," much will turn on whether The Rock can deliver on the line "THE BACKSIDE OF WATER!"

Leave a comment:

• Theme_Park_Insider
    replied
    Not as jokey as I'd like...the trailer at least takes itself too seriously for a movie about the Jungle Cruise.

Leave a comment:

• Laugh-O-Grams
    started a topic New Jungle Cruise Trailer

New Jungle Cruise Trailer

After watching the trailer, I am unsure how to react. I almost get a "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" déjà vu feeling. For some reason, I don't have a good feeling about it. Maybe because I see a change to the Attraction looming.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X