• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrandoBoySP
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Is it one of these?
    Originally posted by Blurr View Post
    I'm not sure why, but from the description Brando gave, I was picturing something along the lines of Japanese (yes, I know she's not Japanese) ink paintings (typically minimalist, just a few splashes of color). I know this isn't the image in question (too much detail in the character) but Whitney Pollett's "A Girl Worth Fighting For" comes to mind: https://www.depop.com/products/kissm...-mulan-canvas/

I searched all I could but couldn't find anything else along those lines so I might be way off. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
    It's definitely closer to the one Blurr posted; the ones that Mr Wiggins provided were a bit more colorful than I remember the painting being. It's definitely not that piece, like you said, Blurr, but it's along those lines. I want to say that it featured all of Mulan, not just a bust of her. That's helpful, though--thank you for trying, folks!!

Leave a comment:

• Blurr
    replied
    I'm not sure why, but from the description Brando gave, I was picturing something along the lines of Japanese (yes, I know she's not Japanese) ink paintings (typically minimalist, just a few splashes of color). I know this isn't the image in question (too much detail in the character) but Whitney Pollett's "A Girl Worth Fighting For" comes to mind: https://www.depop.com/products/kissm...-mulan-canvas/

I searched all I could but couldn't find anything else along those lines so I might be way off. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Is it one of these?

Leave a comment:

• BrandoBoySP
    started a topic [Question] Minimalist Mulan painting?

Minimalist Mulan painting?

Hi all!

I hope this isn't against the rules for this forum (and if it is, please move this to the correct one), but a few years ago, one of my friends was at Disneyland and saw a really great minimalist painting of Mulan in the art gallery on Main Street. I don't have a photo of it (I've been searching all my messages and can't find it), but it was primarily lineart that formed her silhouette, with a few splashes of color that made it clear that it was Mulan. It was quite clean, so it wasn't a sketch, but a full-on painting. The background was white, and the lines were plain black. It's not anywhere on any of the Disney gallery sites that I can find, and I'm having trouble finding it via Google. Does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to find the painting, if not for purchase, at least to view?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X