Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how are we going to get through this?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how are we going to get through this?

Now that the parks are going to be closed, how can Disney fans unite to get through this? I'm strictly speaking to how it relates to our love of Disney. What can we do to keep MiceChat active, as it relates to both the main page and the forums? Other Disney fan sites are going to have the same issues, so it's not just us.

All ideas are welcome.

There are plenty of topics here that haven't been beat to death yet......lol.

Seriously, I bet a lot of older topics are brought back to life again; well, I hope so. There's still a TON of knowledge and experience out there.

Comment

I going try encouraging others ..........
      This is time...of careing for many and make the most of every opportunity.
      Last edited by Eagleman; 03-12-2020, 08:48 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Maybe we reminisce the best and memorable experience we had with Disney. ♥

Comment

There are a heck of a lot of people here who haven't been to Disneyland in a while, or a long time (me included -- five years), so discussion here isn't necessarily dependent on the parks being open and recently-visited. I think this forum will be fine.

I don't know about the main page of the site, but the company isn't shutting down and probably has plans of its own for keeping visible so maybe there will be things to report on. Last I heard, Downtown Disney will still be open. I don't know how much content could be generated from that, though.

Comment

Just my opinion
            I recall when Matt........put in "O" many times the word "NICE" in the rules.
            I think it would be nice.......to try to tone down and be nice with other's .

Not just here on Mice Chat ,but also those happen be around us.

There is many people with fears in this
            uncharted waters ,so IMHO This is the time to think of others , than our self !
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'm interested to hear people's reactions when DL reopens. We take for granted all the things that appear to be constants-like DL, movies, sporting events, etc. It's kind of a shock to be reminded that our way of life can be disrupted like this. I feel like (and hope) that when we can return to our regular lives that we remember the 'extras' in life that we get to enjoy. I look forward to hearing stories from people who normally go often after they have a forced break. Will it be just like before, or seen with new eyes?

Comment

Won't constant speculation on when each park will reopen create a lot of discussion. Some people will say they have "insider sources" Others will doubt if their insider is actually an insider. Etc. I believe Disney just picked march 30 rather arbitrarily and is very much subject to change. I highly suspect any park will not reopen until the rate of new infections is lower than the rate of new recoveries (i.e a person with the virus declared to no longer have it by their doctor) in both the state of the park and the 100 miles around that state. The situation is not really improving until that happens for at least one week every single day.

Comment

Maybe build your own miniature Disneyland like I have so you can visit it anytime...lol

Comment

I realize this site focuses mainly on the parks, but Disney is a huge empire and much of it fuels the parks. Especially the movies. Maybe Micechat could have articles and start discussions on various movies--old and new, and their impact on the parks. Some of that filters through here anyway, but now there could really be discussions, interviews with remaining animators and imagineers, comparisons with participant votes...etc., etc., etc. I know there are other forums on Disney animation, but this could focus on ties to the parks. I wish I had better examples, but it's late, and you get the idea.

Comment

I had a dream last night about Disneyland and all that food that's going to go to waste. I hope it gets donated to somewhere where it can feed the hungry.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Oh geez ... as a member of these fan forums on DL since 2000. ... there’s no shortage of topics. I’ve been wanting to come back to the Tomorrowland film and discuss how it directly related to the real TL and how it didn’t. (So many misconceptions with fans). 2. The ongoing rejection of Corporate not doing anything about the land. 3. How the Peoplemover did far more for TL than is given credit. The direction of IP over originality. And more. (I just haven’t had the time lately.) No stopping someone from having a go.

Another thing ....The Coronavirus isn’t stopping the parks forever. It’s a temporary thing. So it’s not like the parks are dying permanently. And even if they did there’s no shortage of historic topics that can be covered. But .... as Spock said .... “ I’ve been dead before”. .... So with that in mind.... despite temporary set backs ... the parks will live long and prosper. As will discussions on it!
                        MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

You could do more retrospective coverage. Post old pictures of then and what its like now. Talk about old pricing and what its like now. Engage readers on how they would like to see Tomorrow Land remodeled as well as what changes they would like to see at Galaxy's Edge. Or maybe have a contest where people come up with an idea for a new attraction at Disneyland Parks. Have people write and submit their ideas about how they would design it, the location, riders per hour, etc. Lots of cool things you could do. And I'm sure you guys have tons of pics you have never posted. Every time I've ever seen Dusty at the parks he usually has had a camera. I'm sure he has lots of great pics everyone would love to see of the parks.

Comment

Time to get out the old NES, Bamboo.7!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Adventures_in_the_Magic_Kingdom.png
Views:	1531
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	8615317

Comment

There is still plenty of ways for folks out there to get their "Disney Fix" without the parks. With everyone cooped up inside, now might be a good time to do some more articles or reviews on some of the Disney+ programming. There's also the merchandising and various video games Disney licences their characters out to. For now Downtown Disney remains open (not sure for how long) so there is also always the option to do photo updates around there to keep folks in the know.

Others here have had great ideas too; Armchair Imagineering, Retrospectives, etc. could all work and now that Disney has Marvel, Lucasfilm and Fox under their wing there is certainly an opportunity to report on goings on in those departments, as well.

I believe as of this moment Disneyland, Universal and Knotts are closed. Which leaves Legoland, Magic Mountain and Seaworld open (for now). While I'm sure they all have a pretty good chance of closing, I'm seeing reports that Seaworld Orlando is remaining open with no plans to close so maybe the same will happen in San Diego? For however small the window, there is still a small amount of parks that could be reported on or maybe other happenings in SoCal that might not be canceled/worth a look if folks out there are looking for something to do. As a collector I've always enjoyed the odd trip up to Frank n' Sons collectible show for Disney pins (lots of Disney memorabilia/collectibles and pin booths) and various other action figures/card games.

Or, as others have said too; lots of folks who visit us or join in the discussion haven't been to the parks in a while, so I think at least the forums will be fine. We may not always agree with one another here but there is still a sense of community established. I'd like to think that won't just disappear in the coming weeks.

EDIT: Sorry, one late addition! Maybe some articles suggesting how to make some Disney fun with your family or friends at home? Maybe recommended Disney board games or activities that can still be purchased from local retailers that haven't closed yet? How to make your home feel more like Disney, copycat food and drink recipes.. that sort of thing!
                              Last edited by Blurr; 03-13-2020, 01:05 PM. Reason: Added a bit at the end
                              "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Perhaps the forums will actually have more activity from guests who cannot visit the park. They will peek into MiceChat, and discover we are indeed still here.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

I was thinking of this last night, this is how our ancestors felt during all the plagues, polio, etc etc. We really have taken this stuff for granted. Of course we know they will have a cure within a year or two, I bet people are going to start getting flu shots. In a couple years this virus will just be a simple flu shot. Think about how people in Europe back in the 1400s felt about the plague with no science, just some plague masks and snake oil with no real hope. At least we know there is a cure in sight, and how it spreads.

I wonder how many anti vaxers will forgo the vaccine for COVID-19 after this? Will science change their minds?

Anyway, as someone who has not been in a couple of years, I go on here to escape, kind of like looking out the window at work. I don't think the park not being open will effect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                                    I had a dream last night about Disneyland and all that food that's going to go to waste. I hope it gets donated to somewhere where it can feed the hungry.

DL will be donating all of its extra food to Second Harvest Food Bank.

Comment

we will continue to talk about what we love and look forward to the reopening...

what an opportunity for Disney to accomplish more than ever

I may be wrong but I can see some rubbing their hands together and thinking "wow... hours of continuous access..... " something they might have only dreamed about...

"if we had an entire day.... ."

Disneyland, like America, copes... we get on with it....

we will enjoy it even more when we can go again...

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                                        I was thinking of this last night, this is how our ancestors felt during all the plagues, polio, etc etc. We really have taken this stuff for granted. Of course we know they will have a cure within a year or two, I bet people are going to start getting flu shots. In a couple years this virus will just be a simple flu shot. Think about how people in Europe back in the 1400s felt about the plague with no science, just some plague masks and snake oil with no real hope. At least we know there is a cure in sight, and how it spreads.

I wonder how many anti vaxers will forgo the vaccine for COVID-19 after this? Will science change their minds?

Anyway, as someone who has not been in a couple of years, I go on here to escape, kind of like looking out the window at work. I don't think the park not being open will effect that.
                                        you know there was no vaccine for convid19, right?

https://www.thepharmaletter.com/arti...e-for-covid-19

LA times is the local king of fake news, but right on this one...
                                        Coronavirus vaccine: why will it take so long to create? - Los ...

www.latimes.com › science › story › why-does-it-take-so-long-to-ma...
                                        1 day ago - Creating a vaccine capable of preventing the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 will take many months — if not a year or more. These are the ...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X