Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Color-Coded Princing Work for All Merchandise?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Color-Coded Princing Work for All Merchandise?

Since they could always shift up or down depending demand.

That is an interesting idea, but I don’t think it could work well for ALL merchandise because:

1. You would need a much larger chart to cover the range of merchandise with various price tags. It’s one thing for some guests to look at a small graph for some pins, but imagine a giant board where every shopper would need to check out for the prices in each item. Imagine the poor CMs bombarded with “how much is this?” because the price board is crowded, they don’t realize there is a board, or they don’t bother reading.

2. There are only so many colors. I run into this problem with colored coded words in instructions I write. Often you end up having variations of the the same color and that can lead into confusion with those whose eyesight cannot easily distinguish the difference.
    Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
      That is an interesting idea, but I don’t think it could work well for ALL merchandise because:

1. You would need a much larger chart to cover the range of merchandise with various price tags. It’s one thing for some guests to look at a small graph for some pins, but imagine a giant board where every shopper would need to check out for the prices in each item. Imagine the poor CMs bombarded with “how much is this?” because the price board is crowded, they don’t realize there is a board, or they don’t bother reading.

2. There are only so many colors. I run into this problem with colored coded words in instructions I write. Often you end up having variations of the the same color and that can lead into confusion with those whose eyesight cannot easily distinguish the difference.
      Both good points. Another potential issue would be that the seller wants the customer looking first at the merchandise and (hopefully) being tempted to buy it before looking at the price. Colored tags would announce the price range at a glance, possibly from a distance, and discourage impulse-buying.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

You guys are talking about PRICING when the original post is clearly about color coded "PRINCING!" I guess that would be
        - Blue for Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty)
        - Yellow for Prince Charming (Cinderella)
        - White (of course) for The Prince (Snow White)
        - Red for Prince Eric (Little Mermaid)
        - Brown for The Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
        - Teal for Aladdin (to match Jasmine)
        - Green for Prince Naveen (Princess and the Frog)
        - Purple for Eugene Fitzherbert (aka Flynn Rider in Tangled)

[Sorry, couldn't resist a little humor on a otherwise depressing day.]

Comment

Pricing, yes. Princing, no.
          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blue View Post
            You guys are talking about PRICING when the original post is clearly about color coded "PRINCING!" I guess that would be

lol! That post is priceless!

I mean, princeless!

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blue View Post

Extremely embarrassed by the spelling mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Afternoon Era View Post
                Extremely embarrassed by the spelling mistake.
                No need to be -- it's all in good fun. If I listed all the typos I've made it'd melt my spellchecker!

I should have mentioned in my previous post that your idea is a good one from the consumer standpoint. If there were a range of, say, five colors of price tags from least expensive to most expensive (sort of like A thru E tickets), it would help consumers easily zero in on the merch that's within their budget -- while still allowing them to "window shop" the more expensive items.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

No need to be -- it's all in good fun. If I listed all the typos I've made it'd melt my spellchecker!
                  X2 I think I'm # 1 lol
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I actually really dislike the color coded pricing as it is. Half the time there is NO board near the color coded items that tells you what color is what price. Sometimes there is (mostly with pins), but a lot of times not. So instead of trying to hunt down a price guide I just put the item back and forget about it.

So no, I would not want everything in every store to be color coded.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                      I actually really dislike the color coded pricing as it is. Half the time there is NO board near the color coded items that tells you what color is what price. Sometimes there is (mostly with pins), but a lot of times not. So instead of trying to hunt down a price guide I just put the item back and forget about it.

So no, I would not want everything in every store to be color coded.

I don't like them either. They irritate me probably more than they should. Somehow I feel like I'm working, trying to get the price, so they dampen my shopping spirit just a little bit.

Comment

The cynic in me says it would be "convenient," but it would mean items likely always falling into $5 increments, which in theory, already happens, for the most post. But people will notice when all the $13 items are bumped to $15 and all the $17 items to $20 and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                          The cynic in me says it would be "convenient," but it would mean items likely always falling into $5 increments, which in theory, already happens, for the most post. But people will notice when all the $13 items are bumped to $15 and all the $17 items to $20 and so on.
                          My motivation for this thread was my resentment towards the arbitrary pricing of plush characters that isn't wholly dictated by their size.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Afternoon Era View Post

My motivation for this thread was my resentment towards the arbitrary pricing of plush characters that isn't wholly dictated by their size.
                            This is fair. I just worry Disney will instead use this as a means of price bumping as it comes to merch.

Comment

Does anyone else hate the color-coded pricing?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X