Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you expect Disneyland will be closed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you expect Disneyland will be closed?

With Disneyland's unprecedented closure, how long do you expect this to go on?
    Just a few weeks.
    31.25%
    Until summer.
    53.13%
    Indefinitely.
    15.63%

The poll is expired.

My guess is between two and three months. I think the closure length will be similar to what what we are seeing in Asia, but with a slightly faster reopening due to economic pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
      My guess is between two and three months. I think the closure length will be similar to what what we are seeing in Asia, but with a slightly faster reopening due to economic pressures.
      I agree that 2 weeks probably isn't enough to "flatten the curve" significantly.

I hope they will continue to work on Marvelland, and it still opens ontime.
      Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

^Agreed. I voted just a few weeks not because I think this will be over by then, but because I feel the need to make money in a very capitalist society will be hard to resist.
        Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

I think when people start dying here the media will do its best to whip everyones frears into a frenzy. And that situation could put Disney in a very poor light if they try to open back up too soon. Even if the threat is not that significant, if Disney tries to open up too soon it could turn into a public relations nightmare and risk doing permanent damage to its brand if they move to quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
            I think when people start dying here the media will do its best to whip everyones frears into a frenzy. And that situation could put Disney in a very poor light if they try to open back up too soon. Even if the threat is not that significant, if Disney tries to open up too soon it could turn into a public relations nightmare and risk doing permanent damage to its brand if they move to quickly.
            Disney's brand image is priceless. I hope they realize this obvious fact and chose their Guest and CM's health over profit. Over charging and "bad show" to pinch pennies and boost profits is forgivable; putting lives at risk in pursuit of the almighty dollar is not. That's a line no responsible and moral company should be willing to cross.
            Last edited by whiteness; 03-13-2020, 09:06 AM.
            Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

I think they'll remain closed least through the end of April, but most likely until mid-May/June 1.

This isn't going to go away in two weeks. And I think there will be a lot of work needed to prepare staff and facilities for the 'onslaught' of guests and AP holders who will be anxious to get back to the parks.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

That's what I worry about sometimes. There's so much misinformation going around, especially on social media, which has already created panic buying. Disney and other companies need to be very careful from a safety, health and public relations standpoint. If medical professionals and educated professionals are recommending quarantine guidelines, we should all follow them. If places of gathering seems to be troublesome at the moment, I'd be willing to sacrifice that freedom temporarily for a better outcome in the long run.

As Stormy said, this isn't going to go away in two weeks. There will also be social and economical ripple effects that will effect us. Iger stepping down makes so much sense now, we're now living in a different world unfortunately. We have to trust those who are studying this virus closely and take care of each other. It's up to us all to rise above and work together and combat this epidemic as best as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                  I think they'll remain closed least through the end of April, but most likely until mid-May/June 1.

This isn't going to go away in two weeks. And I think there will be a lot of work needed to prepare staff and facilities for the 'onslaught' of guests and AP holders who will be anxious to get back to the parks.
                  A lot of things point to this become a seasonal thing, less virulent and therefore less of an issue but still out there. I really don't think there will be a flood of people back to the parks especially if there are a large number of people falling ill in North America. It would not surprise me to see numbers way down over the next year or maybe more. Maybe some APs come back but tourists and other out of town day tickets that are travelling by air probably stay away for a long time.

Comment

I really wish I could vote "Until summer", but I voted "indefinitely" instead, because I have been told that it's only now that China seems to getting some kind of grasp on the problem and they are starting to flatten the curve, but it's still going to be a long, long time to send the curve downward, which I was told could probably happen no sooner than June. Bear in mind, this started in December, so if we take that timeframe into account, we could be looking at the state of California pretty much being shut down until October, if we're lucky.

And let's not forget also that it will probably take a year or more for them to come up with a vaccine for this thing, so for all we know, this could extend for well over a year!
                    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
                    3. Splash Mountain
                    4. Mad Tea Party
                    5. Peter Pan's Flight
                    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

I feel like I just realized how much my trust in Disney has eroded in the past few weeks.

I think they likely *should* stay closed for several months, but I don't think they will. I hope I am wrong.
                        "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

I would say 1 to 3 months at least, everything is so fluid right now, but i doubt it will just be 2 weeks at this point.

Comment

Hopefully, there won't be a lot of deaths. I have been listening/watching the new conferences that have been broadcast all day. I understand things a whole lot more. There's a plan in effect, and I certainly hope it helps to pinpoint the infected, and treat those people so they survive in the end. As our Governor in Illinois said today, He'd rather be accused of doing too much, rather than not doing enough.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I would be surprised if they stayed closed more than a month or two and I would be absolutely flabberghasted if they stayed closed any longer than summer. I know the correct answer is "nobody really knows" especially with how quickly this situation can change but I would bet they reopen before the end of April. Just my guess!
                              "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

I expect the parks to be closed through June. If the outlook changes MAYBE Memorial Day Weekend.

Comment

I got a feeling, as I said, it could be much, MUCH longer than that, especially if this one email for Annual Passholders (which I'm not) is any indication:

Given the necessary closure, all Annual Passholders who have Passports that are valid during the closure period, will have their Passport expiration date extended based on pass type and level of access due to the impacts of the closure. The extended date will be reflected on your Passport account prior to our reopening of the parks.

Annual Passholders on the monthly payment program will remain on the current payment schedule and continue to make their scheduled payments. These Annual Passholders will have their Passport expiration date extended based on pass type and level of access due to the impacts of the closure, and will not be required to make any payments during that extended period.

Note the bolded words in the second paragraph, as they indicate how specific things are. This indicates that it could be months and not weeks. Even a May reopening is probably a bit too optimistic.

It also makes me wonder how long they can stand to keep the parks closed before they start to lose too much money.
                                  My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                                  2. Pirates of the Caribbean
                                  3. Splash Mountain
                                  4. Mad Tea Party
                                  5. Peter Pan's Flight
                                  6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Too late, they already have.
                                    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
                                      I got a feeling, as I said, it could be much, MUCH longer than that, especially if this one email for Annual Passholders (which I'm not) is any indication:

Given the necessary closure, all Annual Passholders who have Passports that are valid during the closure period, will have their Passport expiration date extended based on pass type and level of access due to the impacts of the closure. The extended date will be reflected on your Passport account prior to our reopening of the parks.

Annual Passholders on the monthly payment program will remain on the current payment schedule and continue to make their scheduled payments. These Annual Passholders will have their Passport expiration date extended based on pass type and level of access due to the impacts of the closure, and will not be required to make any payments during that extended period.

Note the bolded words in the second paragraph, as they indicate how specific things are. This indicates that it could be months and not weeks. Even a May reopening is probably a bit too optimistic.

It also makes me wonder how long they can stand to keep the parks closed before they start to lose too much money.
                                      No, it just says that if your payment occurs during the closure period, it will still get processed. And if you pass is extended, no additional money will be required. Simply put. Indicates nothing that it could be months.
                                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

To prevent the 'onslaught' you mentioned, they can just apply boarding passes to both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure park.
                                        An Aspiring Walt Disney Imagineer.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X