Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What Disney will do once things get better

So while this is just barely beginning, my guess is that Disney will re-open before spring break is over. My question is, will Disney amp everything up to 11 to get guests back into the park for the summer, or cut their losses and hope Avenger's Campus will be enough? Personally, I think they're going to push the envelope with the 65th, but we'll have to wait and see.

They honestly may not have to do anything to get massive crowds back into the park. I am thinking/reminded of the South Park episode where multiple businesses adopted the "Eric Cartman strategy" of simply closing themselves to the general public and telling folks "you can't come in here", which in turn, increased demand for those places.

This whole situation is fluid, in a few weeks the public's fears could be swayed away by some new discovery and if the parks reopened, there would be a massive demand to visit them simply because folks haven't been able to go for a while.

I think they've got too much on their plate right now (trying to figure out refunds, rescheduling, Cast payments, etc.) to really invest in any kind of "grand return" promotion. I think they'll just re-open when they deem it safe to do so and enough demand for the parks will have built up from folks trapped at home wanting to go to fill the parks again with minimal effort. I think they'll definitely see Avengers Campus as enough, if they get it opened on time. Whether or not construction or work will continue on it to meet the deadline remains to be seen.
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

I just don't want them to give up on possibilities on the 65th. They still could make this summer a million times better then last year simply by bringing back a couple of entertainment options, as well as a new fireworks show, which i think is already in the works .

Comment

Maybe! It's certainly not impossible but with every single one of their parks plus the entire cruise line closed, I don't think they'll be in a hurry to invest funds into promotions or new shows/attractions to draw folks in (aside from what they already have promised). -and I can't say I would blame them, I'm sure the amount of revenue lost is going to be staggering, I certainly wouldn't invest in a new fireworks show for this summer given the situation if I knew demand for the parks alone would be enough to get folks in the gate.

But I could be wrong! I'd like to be, I'm just not going to hold my breath. I think it's reasonable to assume this entire thing is going to be rough on their pocketbook but I don't know how much they've got stored away for emergencies like this.
        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by nickdean707 View Post
          I just don't want them to give up on possibilities on the 65th. They still could make this summer a million times better then last year simply by bringing back a couple of entertainment options, as well as a new fireworks show, which i think is already in the works .
          Great idea! I wonder how much it would take to lure Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies back from Knott's?

Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Raise prices again.
            “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
            so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
            WDW Trips: '81
            EPCOT Trips: '93
            Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

They better take this time off to finish the ride refurbishments ahead of schedule. Typical Disney though will postpone refurbishment until the park reopens.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                They honestly may not have to do anything to get massive crowds back into the park. I am thinking/reminded of the South Park episode where multiple businesses adopted the "Eric Cartman strategy" of simply closing themselves to the general public and telling folks "you can't come in here", which in turn, increased demand for those places.
                So in other words the old Disney Home Video vault strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post

So in other words the old Disney Home Video vault strategy?
                  Haha, yes! The very same!

Comment

Based on my experience with it, complex machinery that is accustom to regular operation generally won't simply start back up after an extend downtime. I think they're going to have a rough go of it for a few days after reopening.

Comment

I really hope they extend the Food and Wine Fest by a month. Many of us purchased the lanyard with the intent tion of coming to use them during this closure.

Comment

At Disneyland they don't have to do anything. They can raise the prices again which I suspect. And since it is an AP park, everyone will come so they can post about what Disney did or didn't do during the closure. Either way, Disney comes out ahead because like it or not what they do, APers will continue to flock to the park.
                        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by Natashadarling View Post
                          I really hope they extend the Food and Wine Fest by a month. Many of us purchased the lanyard with the intent tion of coming to use them during this closure.
                          I went last night and used all of my remaining coupons. And said a bittersweet "goodbye" to both parks.
                          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Yes things are rough but Disney is being fair that they sent us a e-mail that said they will extend our expiration date of our annual passes because of the closure. They didn't have to do that but I think that's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Natashadarling View Post
                              Food and Wine was scheduled till the end of April, so lets all hope that this closure doesn't get extended.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X