Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcorn Buckets Refund?

So for those that bought the refillable popcorn buckets are they offering refunds? I believe the current promo was ending at the end of March.

I assume the practice of offering these refillable buckets in the future will end to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria. I always thought it was unsanitary to refill these and contaminate the entire popcorn carts...

I'm gonna just take one for the team.

Comment

I am going to guess they haven't put this on their list of priorities. I am sure if enough people ask them they will address it in the future.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
        I'm gonna just take one for the team.
        This ^^^^^^ There are people facing losing their jobs, all parks shut down, and an unprecedented impact on our economy and society.

There are matters of grace and consideration that we all must face if we are to get through this. Watching the last night of Disneyland's closing was a surreal and emotional moment and I realize that many things need to be considered going forward.

It will take time, but I think it's important to not sweat the small stuff.

Comment

I'm thinking that they are thinking that if you bought one of these, then you are on your own. Least of their worries right now.
          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Plus the rules on the website for these buckets says, "Subject to change or cancellation without notice." So I would not count on any refund. You bought it, you used it, and it is cancelled now.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Disney has shown a considerable amount of consideration in regards to refunds/exemption to policy that's unprecedented within the company. I wouldn't be surprised if they just extended the promotion to keep AP's happy, given how gosh darn cheap popcorn is too make.

Comment

I find it ironic that these popcorn buckets (made from cheap plastics) are even a thing in California considering how they're trying to reduce the amount of plastic and environmental waste over there.

Comment

The way I think of many of these time-sensitive things is like the blip (snap) from Avengers Endgame. I suspect Disney will give it to you if you make a stink out of it, but they're not going out of their way to announce that you can still use it. Frankly, this is one of those things that really shouldn't matter that much. People begging to get their popcorn refill after parks reopen might be so few in number that Disney doesn't care if they have to eat the cost on what is likely a negligible cost.

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                  I find it ironic that these popcorn buckets (made from cheap plastics) are even a thing in California considering how they're trying to reduce the amount of plastic and environmental waste over there.
                  I think the idea is that by reusing popcorn buckets, you reduce the waste created by paper popcorn cartons. Even if they're made of recyclable material, generally the life-cycle of such single-use cartons requires more energy to create, breakdown, and turn into something reusable than just encouraging people to bring their own that can be reused ad infinitum. As a result, Disney both reduces waste and likely cuts their own cost in one fell swoop.

Comment

I went 7-11 today.......
                    New rule in place....... "NO" reusing cups for soda's or coffee in there store's
                    So it not just Disney !
                    Many Business -
                    to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria.......
                    another's words no more refill .
                    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-15-2020, 09:31 PM.
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                      It will take time, but I think it's important to not sweat the small stuff.
                      Not what is going on right now......there bigger concerns
                      I Agree

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I’m surprised no one brought that question up at one of the press conferences about COVID-19. (sarcasm).

Actually I’m sure all refillable stuff is done. I always thought it was kind of weird but I just figured it must pass health code. Now that we have weird viruses coming up every year they will have to get a lot more strict on that. No more spin the bottle either.

Comment

I only wish a popcorn bucket was my biggest worry in all of this. My family's and the community's health and well being come first. Then, I wonder how the market will react today?

Comment

I’ve never seen so many adults waiting in line to popcorn than when a new bucket comes out. And what do you do with the bucket after you leave the park? Is it a decoration in your home? Do you have a china cabinet full of plastic Disneyland popcorn buckets? The only one I’ve bought is the Christmas tree one because I used it as a Christmas decoration and it is now in the garage with all the other Christmas decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Toad View Post
                              I only wish a popcorn bucket was my biggest worry in all of this. My family's and the community's health and well being come first. Then, I wonder how the market will react today?
                              Seriously right? Not that I would ever buy one, but the last thing I am thinking is if I am going to get a bucket refilled with popcorn.

Comment

They didn't have to extend our APs, and they don't have to worry about popcorn. They've graciously extended APs, so I'm not complaining. I'm super disappointed I'll likely have to cancel at least two of my planned trips, but I'm not blaming Disney and I certainly don't want to spread anything unknowingly so it is what it is. They can have my bucket money and keep paying as many CMs as possible.

Comment

"There are matters of grace and consideration that we all must face if we are to get through this."

Beautifully put Golden Zephyr !
                                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Dlbc3000 View Post
                                    So for those that bought the refillable popcorn buckets are they offering refunds? I believe the current promo was ending at the end of March.

I assume the practice of offering these refillable buckets in the future will end to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria. I always thought it was unsanitary to refill these and contaminate the entire popcorn carts...
                                    I had never thought of that... but Disneyland, people, esp kids... walking around eating, licking their fingers and touching food carts, hand rails...
                                    very unsanitary...

2nd to last visit, TSM the gun... totally sticky... it was gross, I brought hand wipes the next visit...

I had never thought of food handlers holding used popcorn buckets...

I was thinking more of the adults and children who become angry when asked to cover their mouths as the cough in line...
                                    and, with an elbow, not a hand that then touches the hand rails

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X