Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Disney Closures?

I just read that Disney-owned establishments in DTD are closing. So which places are still open?

The situation is so in flux that who knows what will be open 5 minutes from now.

Below is a link with the stores and eateries at DTD. If I were you I'd call the particular establishment to see if they're open before you go. Just remember that if you call today and show up 2 days from now the situation may have changed.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/downtown-disney.htm
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I expect World of Disney, Disney Dress Shop and Marcelline Confectionery to be all closed, as all are Disney run shops.

EDIT: Also, it appears all Disney run kiosks are being shut down now.

2ND EDIT: Both Sephora and Sugarboo& Co. are shutting down.
      Last edited by Spongeocto4; 03-16-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info, Stormy and Spongeocto4.

Also, I just returned from DTD and a visit to La Brea Bakery, which is shutting down after this evening. The manager there said they think it will be for just two weeks (but who knows?)

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
          Thank you for the info, Stormy and Spongeocto4.

Also, I just returned from DTD and a visit to La Brea Bakery, which is shutting down after this evening. The manager there said they think it will be for just two weeks (but who knows?)
          Well, the Gov has recommended that restaurants and bars close so I expect all of DTD to be shuttered within days. I don't think there will be enough customers to justify staying open. And DTD isn't really well situated for people to do 'take out' from the restaurants there. Plus once one shutters, the others will probably follow suit. The domino effect.
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I had to get a blood test today. I live in Chicago. I took the bus, and only one other person was on it. The technician asked me the pertinent. Coronavirus questions about traveling, and coughing, sneezing, etc. The restaurants are all dark. Fast food places are only busy at their drive throughs. People do not like staying home, not here, and I am sure not in California either. I am surprised how fast people's comments have changed, from "they are over reacting" to "they are not doing enough". Glad my kids are grown. Hard handling school age kids who will not want to stay inside.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
              I had to get a blood test today. I live in Chicago. I took the bus, and only one other person was on it. The technician asked me the pertinent. Coronavirus questions about traveling, and coughing, sneezing, etc. The restaurants are all dark. Fast food places are only busy at their drive throughs. People do not like staying home, not here, and I am sure not in California either. I am surprised how fast people's comments have changed, from "they are over reacting" to "they are not doing enough". Glad my kids are grown. Hard handling school age kids who will not want to stay inside.
              Yeah its the same in Seattle. The only businesses really open normally are pharmacies and grocery stores. Restaurants are take-out only, and even then most of them shuttered for now.

Comment

It's not as bad here in Vancouver yet, but getting there, more and more places closing by the day, buses mostly empty, downtown middle of the day a ghost town.

I went to the lab today, basically the same questions but they have now added have you been to the US within the last 14 days along with asking about a dozen or more other countries, basically if you have been out of Canada in the last 14 days, they don't want you coming into the lab. They are also all wearing gowns, masks and plastic shield over their faces, normally they just wear scrubs and medical gloves.

Also not letting people wait inside, had to wait outside, they took all the chairs out of the waiting room.

Comment

Barbaraann,

Since you haven’t been able to do one of your wonderful Disneyland Trip reports in awhile, maybe you could do a Chicago Trip report? Especially since we can’t go to the parks right now. Have you ever been over to look at The Walt Disney Birthplace in the Hermosa neighborhood? I’m pretty sure Dusty has heard about it... How far away do you live from there?

Comment

People are still out and about here in Chicago. More people are wearing masks. Advocate, where I go to the doctor, and get my blood tests done is open, but their website has issued some new guidelines. Less people will be let in, and everyone will be screened before entering. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, and my appointment just might be cancelled. Since I have had my blood tests already done, if my doctor wants to change anything, this can be discussed by phone, texts, or Personal messages. What a different world we live in. You can even do a video chat with your doctor, if you want. I still have to have my blood pressure checked, however, since this is presently my main concern. I wish I owned a reliable home BP monitor, but I cannot seem to find one that I trust.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

According to the Disneyland App, all businesses are closed in Downtown Disney.

This now means, that the entire Disneyland Resort is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                        According to the Disneyland App, all businesses are closed in Downtown Disney.

This now means, that the entire Disneyland Resort is closed.
                        I haven't been following the edicts of Orange County as closely as I've been monitoring L.A., but if they're using the same model then it makes sense that all of DTD is closed. With restaurants limited to take-out/delivery/drive-thru only, there's really no purpose for a shopping district of restaurants.

I agree though: a sad day

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X