Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... how is everyone doing during all this?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come to grips that Disney is going to be closed for 18 months, and all we can do is wait.

This "quarantine" at home is already getting old, but I know in 18 months from now, we will finally be able to go out. It's going to be a long year and a half inside, but it will pass.

It's a bummer though, that we are going to miss not only the Christmas season at Disney, but also two summer seasons. So sad. But it will pass.
    Last edited by Slappyland; 03-21-2020, 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Been doing fine as we've been mostly keeping ourselves at home. We have ample supplies to get through the next few months, and I've been trying to stay busy with my normal activities.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
        I've been feeling a little under the weather lately and I don't know if its serious or hay fever. There are lots of wild flowers out now due to all the rain we have been having where I live so its probably my seasonal allergies. Normally I would not give it a second thought, but with all of the doom and gloom we have to deal with now on a daily basis, I've become hypersensitive to things and I don't like feeling that way. Hopefully its nothing but if I'm still feeling this way monday I might call my doctor's office and see what they say.
        The following CNN Health article contains a summary of coronavirus symptoms from the CDC, how they differ from colds and flu symptoms, and advice on what to do if you start feeling ill. (Note: the article is not a substitute for the advice of your doctor.)

Coronavirus symptoms: A list and when to seek help
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

The following CNN Health article contains a summary of coronavirus symptoms from the CDC, how they differ from colds and flu symptoms, and advice on what to do if you start feeling ill. (Note: the article is not a substitute for the advice of your doctor.)

Fortunately I don't have any of that.

Comment

Thanks for this. I have been watching all of the news conferences, but this is a very precise description of what to look for. Thankfully, at my age, I am feeling quite well.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

my daughter is in high school and she's definitely impacted...she's doing her classes online, but it's not the same as being at school...but along with her friends, she's getting assignments done and then she can socialize with her friends via texting or face timing...but her health and mine are doing well...I've got some allergies which had me worried at first but did some research on allergies and it doesn't appear to be an underlying factor...we're doing well, having some good talks and also good time to ourselves...this will pass one day...
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Wife is a teacher and kids are in school but all are doing it from home for the past couple of weeks. As of this week my employer finally woke up and let us begin working from home. ( I actually work faster from home so now I worry I will run out of projects to keep me busy ) Not missing my commute up the 405 at all but it would be nice to take the family to dinner or even better dinner at Disneyland. We've been going on walks and bike rides to stay active. AYSO has postponed our season for the girls which blows because our team was really playing well. But I do not mind dealing with this when you consider the alternative.

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Wiggins! You've been a terrific source of information throughout all of this - much appreciated.

Comment

I'm doing okay by taking walks and listening to Disneyland attractions on my MP3 player to make the most out of the situation we're in.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X