Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... how is everyone doing during all this?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pips
    replied
    Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
    So far we are ok here. Enough supplies to wait this thing out. Still trying to get a refund on my trip for next week from the site that I used to book it from.
    I had a hotel booked for next week through a big online travel agent. I messaged the hotel directly several times, told them I couldn't get through to the TA. Today I finally received an email from the travel agent with a link to cancel the reservation for a refund. Keep on it, biggsworth. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• biggsworth
    replied
    So far we are ok here. Enough supplies to wait this thing out. Still trying to get a refund on my trip for next week from the site that I used to book it from.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    Today, on the news, they were reporting that Chase bank has closed all their lobbys. Sure their drive throughs and ATMs are all open, but I never use those. First, and foremost, is the fact that I do not drive. I returned from my bank, which is US bank, and the tellers that told me that they may soon be closing their lobbys as well. I told my husband he better learn how to do his own banking, because I am not doing it anymore. If you use an ATM, you cannot get any small bills. They just deal in 20's, which is ridiculous. My husband will have to learn how to drive through the bank, which he has never had to do. The 10 person rule should not apply to bank lobbys, in my opinion.

Some grocery stores have instituted special hours for seniors only. However, most of those are 6 am until 8 a.m. Some of those are every day, and some of those are just one day a week, like Target. The thought is nice, but not always practical for some seniors, who do not drive. Or who do not wake up early.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am fine, but I am surrounded by men who don't think coronavirus is such a big deal. My son was supposed to have hip replacement but that has been cancelled. Now he is back to smoking again, which is definitely not a good thing. I wish he would go get a job. A lot of places are looking for help. I listen to the news a lot, and I like knowing how this whole thing is being handled. My doctor is out sick, so I hope she does not have coronavirus.
    Barbaraann , they just don't listen do they?

Even after last night's 'shelter in place' order from our Governor, nDH is STILL planning on us taking the trailer to Anaheim!!! He says that since we're 'dragging our home with us' it's 'no different' than staying inside here. I can't make him understand that he will be exposing himself to others at his 'hobby' (it takes place outdoors) and then exposing me! He insists they'll be practicing 'social distancing'. I'm hoping they shut the hobby site down.

I expect my son to hear today that his workplace has been shut down. And his employers aren't going to be the type to continue to pay them, either.Oh

Leave a comment:

• brian11811
    replied
    I’ve been living this way for the past 3 weeks already on lockdown for medical reasons too. I’m healthy, I just cant drive for 3 months due to medication (vertigo) so I’ve been working from home, Our whole company switched over last Monday to work from home. Luckily we have a house with a yard and vegetables, zen time and I’m glad I had my surgery last year. I would have been screwed if I had to have it next month. They have to cancel all that stuff because there are not enough doctors/ventilators to deal with what would have been coming if the state had not shut down.

Look at the graph:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    I am fine, but I am surrounded by men who don't think coronavirus is such a big deal. My son was supposed to have hip replacement but that has been cancelled. Now he is back to smoking again, which is definitely not a good thing. I wish he would go get a job. A lot of places are looking for help. I listen to the news a lot, and I like knowing how this whole thing is being handled. My doctor is out sick, so I hope she does not have coronavirus.

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied
    Other than the extreme inconvenience of most stuff being closed, I haven't been affected at all.

I'm building my 'retirement home' out behind my house, I'm just about done framing it, so I've taken some time off work and stayed home most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    I'm doing fine, thanks for asking!

nDH (non-Disney Husband) and I are laying low. But we're retired so we're pretty much always laying low!

Leaving next week for 4 days in Anaheim. nDH is going down for his sport/hobby and the dog and I are tagging along. I'll be sitting in the trailer watching TV and surfing the net.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySpaceAce
    started a topic So... how is everyone doing during all this?

So... how is everyone doing during all this?

We've obviously been talking about the parks, but, now are y'all doing? Hope everyone is healthy and safe. I've been recovering from surgery so I've accidentally been practicing social distancing since the end of December, and my wife started working from home this week.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X