Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... how is everyone doing during all this?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    I'm doing okay by taking walks and listening to Disneyland attractions on my MP3 player to make the most out of the situation we're in.

Leave a comment:

• denyuntilcaught
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

The following CNN Health article contains a summary of coronavirus symptoms from the CDC, how they differ from colds and flu symptoms, and advice on what to do if you start feeling ill. (Note: the article is not a substitute for the advice of your doctor.)

Coronavirus symptoms: A list and when to seek help
    Thank you, Mr. Wiggins! You've been a terrific source of information throughout all of this - much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    Wife is a teacher and kids are in school but all are doing it from home for the past couple of weeks. As of this week my employer finally woke up and let us begin working from home. ( I actually work faster from home so now I worry I will run out of projects to keep me busy ) Not missing my commute up the 405 at all but it would be nice to take the family to dinner or even better dinner at Disneyland. We've been going on walks and bike rides to stay active. AYSO has postponed our season for the girls which blows because our team was really playing well. But I do not mind dealing with this when you consider the alternative.

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied
    my daughter is in high school and she's definitely impacted...she's doing her classes online, but it's not the same as being at school...but along with her friends, she's getting assignments done and then she can socialize with her friends via texting or face timing...but her health and mine are doing well...I've got some allergies which had me worried at first but did some research on allergies and it doesn't appear to be an underlying factor...we're doing well, having some good talks and also good time to ourselves...this will pass one day...

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

The following CNN Health article contains a summary of coronavirus symptoms from the CDC, how they differ from colds and flu symptoms, and advice on what to do if you start feeling ill. (Note: the article is not a substitute for the advice of your doctor.)

Thanks for this. I have been watching all of the news conferences, but this is a very precise description of what to look for. Thankfully, at my age, I am feeling quite well.

Leave a comment:

• tarheelalum
    replied

Fortunately I don't have any of that.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
    I've been feeling a little under the weather lately and I don't know if its serious or hay fever. There are lots of wild flowers out now due to all the rain we have been having where I live so its probably my seasonal allergies. Normally I would not give it a second thought, but with all of the doom and gloom we have to deal with now on a daily basis, I've become hypersensitive to things and I don't like feeling that way. Hopefully its nothing but if I'm still feeling this way monday I might call my doctor's office and see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Been doing fine as we've been mostly keeping ourselves at home. We have ample supplies to get through the next few months, and I've been trying to stay busy with my normal activities.

Leave a comment:

• Slappyland
    replied
    I've come to grips that Disney is going to be closed for 18 months, and all we can do is wait.

This "quarantine" at home is already getting old, but I know in 18 months from now, we will finally be able to go out. It's going to be a long year and a half inside, but it will pass.

It's a bummer though, that we are going to miss not only the Christmas season at Disney, but also two summer seasons. So sad. But it will pass.
    Last edited by Slappyland; 03-21-2020, 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• tarheelalum
    replied
    I've been feeling a little under the weather lately and I don't know if its serious or hay fever. There are lots of wild flowers out now due to all the rain we have been having where I live so its probably my seasonal allergies. Normally I would not give it a second thought, but with all of the doom and gloom we have to deal with now on a daily basis, I've become hypersensitive to things and I don't like feeling that way. Hopefully its nothing but if I'm still feeling this way monday I might call my doctor's office and see what they say.

But I'm a strong believer in the power of your thoughts and how they effect your health from prior experience, so I'm going to think positively but stay away from people for a few days just incase. I hope everyone here is well and stays that way!

Leave a comment:

• whiteness
    replied
    Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It used to be when a person sneezed, someone nearby would say, "BlessYou." Now, that does not happen.
    It always made me feel uneasy when people blessed my sneezes. It felt weird to have to thank people for a random blessing over a stray particle of pollen or the after effects of drinking beer (for some reason, it often makes me sneeze.)

But if anyone needs a blessing after a sneeze, it's now.

But only if they remember to cover their face before they do.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    It used to be when a person sneezed, someone nearby would say, "BlessYou." Now, that does not happen. It, instead, causes a multitude of reactions. Dirty looks, accusing words, fleeting footsteps in the opposite direction. I am watching the morning news, and they are reporting that anyone that has been sneezing because of seasonal allergies should probably stay in doors. I, myself, seem to be allergic to all of these cleaning products that are be used in great amounts. My bank, for one. So if I find myself sneezing, I try and do it so nobody nearby even notices. Hard. Very hard. If I need to go grocery shopping, I will try and get in, and get out. My husband always does that. He was at Target yesterday, and said there were a lot of people there. Maybe the next few days will see less and less people out, as most people should finally be prepared for a time away from Grocery shopping.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    Well, our trip to So Cal is off. I knew it was coming but nDH just felt all would be well and we were still going. The RV park is closed and nDH's hobby site is closed. The GOOD news is that we had already stocked our trailer for the trip. So there is food and other necessities in case one of us needs to truly self-isolate. Or if nDH and I start really driving each other crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Stay safe and healthy my friend! Wishing the very best for you.
    Aw......Thank You......again a Blessing
    You like wise.....My Friend
    Yep......This new time we live in , also has become a learning time for me
    in way of caring for other's ,
    gives us room to patiently live and love !
    We all in this Together

Last edited by Eagleman; 03-20-2020, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Golden Zephyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
    Yep it has been hard on me as well......life have change over night.......
    But learn to love more....try be encouraging to others...
    and pray not just for my self ,but for all others.......
    We in this altogether !
    Stay safe and healthy my friend! Wishing the very best for you.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Yep it has been hard on me as well......life have change over night.......
    But learn to love more....try be encouraging to others...
    and pray not just for my self ,but for all others.......
    We in this altogether !
    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-20-2020, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blurr
    replied
    Despite my workplace having one confirmed case of COVID-19, we are still required to come in and work because we are "an integral part of the healthcare system". Only difference is now, everyone is calling in sick so I get to do their work, too. Oh, and I get a mask and gloves.. the same stuff I've always worn.

At home, nothing much has changed. I'm usually a hermit whose buried in Poke'mon or some other game, or watching Disney+ so my home life isn't affected much at all. Wife and I have lots of food and supplies to get through this for a good while.

So far the biggest changes I've had to come to terms with are; no Disneyland and no frivolous shopping for Transformers action figures. Not too bad, all things considered, especially since Animal Crossing just came out to keep my wife and I busy. Annoyed with work since they seem to be putting profit over people, but I just hope they remember those of us who actually came in when they asked during this whole debacle (spoiler alert: they wont).

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    I myself do online banking. Most of my bills are paid online. I check my balances, and transactions daily. I transfer money online. My husband is a hold out. He still writes a lot of checks, and I am then sent to the mail box to mail his bills. He works from home, and his salary has direct deposit. Our Social Security money is direct deposited. We live in a different world for sure. However, there is a small % of the population that wants to take care of their daily necessities with cash, rather than with a debit card. I don't use a debit card, except for my Target Red Card. This won't last forever, this "Stay at Home" order that was just put in effect today in Illinois, but hopefully we will all survive.

Leave a comment:

• whiteness
    replied
    Working from home. At least my pet is enjoying the extra attention.

Whiteness and Peter Cottontail
    Last edited by whiteness; 03-20-2020, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Today, on the news, they were reporting that Chase bank has closed all their lobbys. Sure their drive throughs and ATMs are all open, but I never use those. First, and foremost, is the fact that I do not drive. I returned from my bank, which is US bank, and the tellers that told me that they may soon be closing their lobbys as well. I told my husband he better learn how to do his own banking, because I am not doing it anymore. If you use an ATM, you cannot get any small bills. They just deal in 20's, which is ridiculous. My husband will have to learn how to drive through the bank, which he has never had to do. The 10 person rule should not apply to bank lobbys, in my opinion.

Some grocery stores have instituted special hours for seniors only. However, most of those are 6 am until 8 a.m. Some of those are every day, and some of those are just one day a week, like Target. The thought is nice, but not always practical for some seniors, who do not drive. Or who do not wake up early.
    That's really rough! Although I admit I haven't been in a bank lobby for months and only went then because it was a transaction that required paperwork.

Online banking really isn't that hard. I fought it for years, but now I love it and it was suprisingly easy to learn.. Admittedly it doesn't do much good as far as getting cash, but we've also been advised NOT to handle cash as much as possible due to the potential to spread contamination.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X