Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you miss most at Disneyland?

I saw this on another site, and I thought it might be fun here. Whether your last visit was 2weeks, 2months, 2years ago, we all miss stuff. What do you miss the most. From the small things to the obvious, list some of your most missed things here.

I miss the esplanade. The minute I arrive there, I am in heaven.
    I miss Town Square, and the hustle and bustle of people deciding where to go first.
    I miss Fantasyland, and my first ride on Dumbo.
    I miss riding Casey Jr. at night.
    I miss doing the Grand Circle Tour on the train.
    I miss eating popcorn, and watching a parade.
    I miss the small statues, and taking Pics of the castle.

I could go on all day, so let's hear yours.
    BarbaraAnn

I miss the moment I first hear the Esplanade music as I approach.
    I miss walking under the LEFT side tunnel to enter Main St.
    I miss that beautiful twilight hour on ROA
    I miss Peter Pan
    I miss that end of the day "I'm so tired I can't walk another step" feeling of tired happiness
    I miss laughing and smiling, then meeting eyes with random strangers in the Parks. That look that says "Yes, I get it!!"
    I miss being a child again
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I miss walking in the gate
      i miss the smell of Pirates of the Caribbean
      I miss the sound of the riverboat whistle
      I miss the music from the Haunted Mansion foyer
      so many, but most of all, what I miss most of all at Disneyland is ME!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The off-season. Granted, it's been a lot of years since there was an off-season but I really enjoyed short lines and an uncrowded park.

Also, after dark.....the park takes on a whole different personality after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
          I miss walking in the gate
          i miss the smell of Pirates of the Caribbean
          I miss the sound of the riverboat whistle
          I miss the music from the Haunted Mansion foyer
          so many, but most of all, what I miss most of all at Disneyland is ME!
          This one made me laugh. Thanks for that.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

This got me thinking. I miss swing dancing every Saturday night with my girlfriend. They had big band at the Carnation Plaza Gardens in the 80's.
            Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
            Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, that pirates smell!
              Leaving today and entering the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Though I must say, the new 10 minutes of Magic articles are really hitting the spot.

Comment

-When I first glimpse the loading platform of Space Mountain, always my first ride of the day
                -The smell of the water on Pirates
                -The pet cemetery outside of the Haunted Mansion
                -Taking a photo with the statue of Mr. Toad in the ride queue
                -The music that plays on Main Street (fortunately I can enjoy this at home thanks to YouTube)
                -The wind sounds around the Matterhorn
                -Watching logs go down the drop on Splash Mountain
                -Making a full trip on the Disneyland Railroad
                -Those absurdly huge lollipops in all the candy stores
                -Walking through Sleeping Beauty Castle

Comment

I have always daydreamed of places in Disneyland to calm myself down in stressful moments. I'm still doing it now-maybe it's especially important now. The other day I kept laying on the couch and imagining a particular shop on Main Street. It was so nice and I felt like I was living in Victorian times. Everyone was walking toward the castle and laughing and having a good time. (No need to imagine screaming children or people arguing or not paying attention due to their phones) After a few days of having this waking "dream" I realized that it was a shop that doesn't exist anymore! But it's still there in my mind, as is Disneyland.

Comment

I miss the crowds..... Like I would miss a toothache!
                    --
                    http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I miss the energy. The crowds bring such an indescribable energy to Disneyland. Thousands of people all there for a common reason; to get away from reality and be happy for a day. That energy, energy leached from those crowds of people, is what makes Disneyland the place it is.

The people give Disneyland it magic. Its the energy that is left by the millions of visiting guests year after year that have created that magical place. Walt was a truly remarkable man. He was able to create a place that people love so much, they take a little Disney with them and leave a piece of themselves in return every time they visit.

What Walt Disney did was truly amazing. And you know, most people say that while Disneyworld is huge and fabulous, there is something special about the aura around Disneyland, Walt's dream come true. I have visited Disneyworld and I too can feel the difference.

The energy that begins to surround me as soon as I arrive at Disneyland is most definatley magical. It totally relaxes me. It starts immediately and increases as the day wears on. It doesn't matter if the lines are long. In fact, the energy of a crowed Disneyland is my favorite feeling in the world. It works like a natural anti-depressant and antioxidant for me. There is so much greater energy in a collective group of people who are all have a similar experience. The is the same for a live concert or show. A live ballgame such as the superbowl or a crowded arena of people who are all praising God like a mega church. We create more of that beautiful energy in larger numbers so when the park is crowded, instead of riding rides, I take advantage of the collective energy being produced by all the people around me; many who love Disneyland as much as I do. I can feel the love, happiness and wonder around me and I experience it fully.

I have a connective tissue disorder which in turn has left me with several chronic health issues. Subsequently, this can leave me feeling drained for many reasons; some obvious, some not so obvious.

Taking my kids and me for a Disneyland day full of smiling, happy people, along with prayer and my favorite music artists are my go-to remedies for keeping depression at bay. Those things keep the "sorrys and worrys" (as I like to call them), from consuming my joy. They remind me of all the good things that there are to live for. I can go for a short evening trip and it still works wonders for how I feel.

I'll go to Disneyland "running on empty" and leave full hope and life's joys once again. I can just sit and people watch or stroll around the parks at my own pace; it doesn't matter. Whatever I decide to do, I absorb the energy around me through the sights, sounds, smells of the collective energy that the people bring to "the happiest place on earth" - My holistic medicine.

Comment

I miss that feeling when it just barely turns into dusk and the lights begin coming on all throughout the park. Suddenly, the sun goes down and the full magical feeling of the place just becomes overwhelming. It is especially nice when you are there with your significant other and just walking together so happy and lost in this dreamlike daze and, for one moment, the entire world seems like a wondrous and beautiful place. I miss that feeling but I'm thankful that I have been able to experience it in my life and have those memories to turn to in times of stress or sadness.

Comment

I miss the old Fantasmic.
                          I miss places I have never seen, like Videopolis.
                          I miss being able to eat at many of the good restaurants without reservations.
                          I miss watching Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and not being afraid for the future of America.
                          I miss the Blue Ribbon Bakery, which was always just "okay" but would always be my last stop before leaving each night.

I don't think I'm ever getting these back, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Mustard View Post
                            I miss that feeling when it just barely turns into dusk and the lights begin coming on all throughout the park. Suddenly, the sun goes down and the full magical feeling of the place just becomes overwhelming. It is especially nice when you are there with your significant other and just walking together so happy and lost in this dreamlike daze and, for one moment, the entire world seems like a wondrous and beautiful place. I miss that feeling but I'm thankful that I have been able to experience it in my life and have those memories to turn to in times of stress or sadness.
                            I agree....after dark is when the magic really comes out!

Comment

It being open, mostly.
                              "Have I gone mad?"
                              "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I'll miss the drive to Disneyland from Santa Clarita, listening to music from the park, talking with my daughter about whatever, making the day's plan for lunch and dinner...just father daughter bonding time...
                                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
                                  It being open, mostly.
                                  Lol....good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                                    I saw this on another site, and I thought it might be fun here. Whether your last visit was 2weeks, 2months, 2years ago, we all miss stuff. What do you miss the most. From the small things to the obvious, list some of your most missed things here.

I miss the esplanade. The minute I arrive there, I am in heaven.
                                    I miss Town Square, and the hustle and bustle of people deciding where to go first.
                                    I miss Fantasyland, and my first ride on Dumbo.
                                    I miss riding Casey Jr. at night.
                                    I miss doing the Grand Circle Tour on the train.
                                    I miss eating popcorn, and watching a parade.
                                    I miss the small statues, and taking Pics of the castle.

I could go on all day, so let's hear yours.
                                    Barbaraann,

When you are able to travel around Chicago, I still think you should do one of your great Trip Reports, and go see the Walt Disney Birthplace in the Hermosa neighborhood. Have you ever been by before?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadanooga View Post

Barbaraann,

When you are able to travel around Chicago, I still think you should do one of your great Trip Reports, and go see the Walt Disney Birthplace in the Hermosa neighborhood. Have you ever been by before?

I have been there, and I probably did a report on that very thing. That was quite a while ago. My trip report days, here at MiceChat, are behind me.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I think I miss the little things most- that first bite of the first corn dog, the first sight of Main Street, seeing Princesses strolling around, watching CMs make magic with other guests, definitely the music (live and otherwise), and at least one thing that's not so little: SPLASH MOUNTAIN!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X