Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that is an excellent observation from what I've been reading on reputable medical websites. While they aren't 100% sure how this virus will behave, most experts don't feel this virus will be stopped in the upcoming summer months. They aren't even sure it will be slowed down at all. 😭

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post

Still waiting for that link to prove your numbers. Will probably have to wait longer than it will take to reopen the parks.
      https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...signal/608512/

Comment

That is an opinion piece by a non-epidemiologist. But let's go along with what you cited. After the author stated it could take 18 months to find a vaccine, she wrote;

"None of which means that people now hunkered down at home will keep doing so through late 2021. The economic consequences of an indefinite lockdown are unsustainable."

The author further states, "sometime between now and when a vaccine becomes available, restaurants and schools and offices will reopen."

Yet you keep spouting that we will be on lockdown until 2022 or until a vaccine is found! Your own "source" contradicts you. But again, I've asked for citations to either prominent politicians, those actually in charge such as governors or the President, or prominent doctors that are actually part of the response team such as Dr. Fauci. Anyone can find any blogger or opinion piece to support their claims, but that doesn't make it legitimate.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

That is an opinion piece by a non-epidemiologist. But let's go along with what you cited. After the author stated it could take 18 months to find a vaccine, she wrote;

"None of which means that people now hunkered down at home will keep doing so through late 2021. The economic consequences of an indefinite lockdown are unsustainable."

The author further states, "sometime between now and when a vaccine becomes available, restaurants and schools and offices will reopen."

Yet you keep spouting that we will be on lockdown until 2022 or until a vaccine is found! Your own "source" contradicts you. But again, I've asked for citations to either prominent politicians, those actually in charge such as governors or the President, or prominent doctors that are actually part of the response team such as Dr. Fauci. Anyone can find any blogger or opinion piece to support their claims, but that doesn't make it legitimate.

I was wrong about 2022 I will give you that.

But a lock-down well into 2021 is highly likely. Why? Because until a vaccine is found, the virus will continue to spread, multiple sources have said it can take 12-18 months to find vaccine.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp? hbdad

Comment

There's no vaccine for the common cold, either. But it's a lot less lethal. People get sick from contagious diseases all the time. That's part of life.

Assuming we had good treatments that kept most people from actually dying from it, Coronavirus might be something we could also "live with" at some point (see what I did there?)
            Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

There's no vaccine for the common cold, either.
              Agreed. And while there is a "flu vaccine" there is no cure for the flu. In fact, the flu vaccine does not even necessarily prevent someone from getting the flu! So people who are waiting for baited breaths for a coronavirus vaccine to be the savior of the world, are going to be waiting a long time. The world already has its Savior.

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                "impending summer heat" - i think if this were true, Australia would be clear of getting it right now as their summer season just ended and it's been rather scorching down under. Fires, floods, then this.
                Many seem to forget that part, and act like it was winter everywhere in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappyland View Post

I was wrong about 2022 I will give you that.

But a lock-down well into 2021 is highly likely. Why? Because until a vaccine is found, the virus will continue to spread, multiple sources have said it can take 12-18 months to find vaccine.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp? hbdad
                  You might be right. I'm just asking for a citation from a valid authority that has said that "lockdown until 2021 is highly likely." That is different from saying we may be social distancing or the virus will still be around in 2021. You have settled on the word "lockdown" I just want to know what authority has said the same as you.

Comment

Agreed. And while there is a "flu vaccine" there is no cure for the flu. In fact, the flu vaccine does not even necessarily prevent someone from getting the flu! So people who are waiting for baited breaths for a coronavirus vaccine to be the savior of the world, are going to be waiting a long time. The world already has its Savior.
                    Who or what is that Savior?
                    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
                    3. Splash Mountain
                    4. Mad Tea Party
                    5. Peter Pan's Flight
                    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                      [QUOTEI don't suspect the country will be locked down for a year and a half. People are recovering from the virus naturally, without the vaccine. However, the virus is a still a threat to those with special circumstances(the elderly, pregnant women, and people with pre-existing conditions).
                      https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...urphy/2337410/

This does not contradict your statement, but I think it's important information to add. 55 percent of the people infected with the virus are between 18-49.[/QUOTE]

The FACTS in Los Angeles so far back up the statistics you shared from New York. Yesterday - (3/22). Nearly 50% of confirmed cases in Los Angeles County were in the age bracket of 18-40 year olds. That was totally unexpected. In LA County out of 400 cases confirmed on 3/22 84 were hospitalized. Now - today 3/23 they announced 130 +/- now the number of cases is over 500 in L A County. It’s beyond belief to be having discussions about the reopening of Disneyland when in fact people are dying and this week they say likely will get bad this week.

Facts I know - UCLA Santa Monica Hospital had NO admitted patients last Thursday. By Friday that number went to 16 overnight. That’s one hospital in one day. I found out that 3 members of my extended family that live in Chicago - my cousin and two of his sons - one handicapped and his school is a hot zone.

Even if - even if at some point this starts to level off by social separation - without a CERTAIN proven clinical intervention that ensures public safety - curve flattening is NOT going to cause a return to mass socialization - especially Disneyland, Universal etc. No way.

The global public has got so much fear just hearing a person cough in public - that is just not going to just go away within a short time. This will change life for all of us dramatically.

Many of you are leaving out the economic aftermath. Nobody here knows what the hell thats going to look like by any measure.

While it’s great to have hope - and I hope it gets better for everyone’s sake - but outside of a rock solid cure - betting on social life quickly returning to normal it in itself is going to take a long time.. Every single warning is about distancing - Disneyland too will adapt to try to operate by a new model. No more long queues for anything there every again. That’s my prediction.

Comment

We have the fraction of the cases in British Columbia compared to California or even WA state, and we are now being told at minimum another month here, so I would imagine in places where its worse, could be longer, but anyone hoping for Disney to open again in a week isn't paying attention, and Disney would do themselves good by removing an opening date and put until further notice, there is simply no way to know an exact date at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...urphy/2337410/

This does not contradict your statement, but I think it's important information to add. 55 percent of the people infected with the virus are between 18-49.
                          The FACTS in Los Angeles so far back up the statistics you shared from New York. Yesterday - (3/22). Nearly 50% of confirmed cases in Los Angeles County were in the age bracket of 18-40 year olds. That was totally unexpected. In LA County out of 400 cases confirmed on 3/22 84 were hospitalized. Now - today 3/23 they announced 130 +/- now the number of cases is over 500 in L A County. It’s beyond belief to be having discussions about the reopening of Disneyland when in fact people are dying and this week they say likely will get bad this week.

Facts I know - UCLA Santa Monica Hospital had NO admitted patients last Thursday. By Friday that number went to 16 overnight. That’s one hospital in one day. I found out that 3 members of my extended family that live in Chicago - my cousin and two of his sons - one handicapped and his school is a hot zone.

Even if - even if at some point this starts to level off by social separation - without a CERTAIN proven clinical intervention that ensures public safety - curve flattening is NOT going to cause a return to mass socialization - especially Disneyland, Universal etc. No way.

The global public has got so much fear just hearing a person cough in public - that is just not going to just go away within a short time. This will change life for all of us dramatically.

Many of you are leaving out the economic aftermath. Nobody here knows what the hell thats going to look like by any measure.

While it’s great to have hope - and I hope it gets better for everyone’s sake - but outside of a rock solid cure - betting on social life quickly returning to normal it in itself is going to take a long time.. Every single warning is about distancing - Disneyland too will adapt to try to operate by a new model. No more long queues for anything there every again. That’s my prediction.
                          [/QUOTE]

The truth is, nobody knows for certain. Not even the CDC or the WHO. This is something that we not expericance before. Yes, there have been other pandemics before, but none in the social media age like today.

So, yes, it will probably get worse, but it could also get better fast too. Nobody really knows for certain. All we can do it wait it out and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by StroggCore View Post
                            I've heard not so long ago that the quarantine can be cancelled in May or June. The scientists say that coronavirus has a same nature as a regular flu and it's seasonal. If so, soon we will be able to return to normal life. If they're wrong... well, then we'll enter the world of nightmare....
                            COVID-19 is looking less and less like the behavior of a regular seasonal flu:

Summer Heat May Not Diminish Coronavirus Strength

A new report, sent to the White House science adviser, says the country should not rely on warm weather to stop contagion.

The homebound and virus-wary across the Northern Hemisphere, from President Trump to cooped-up schoolchildren, have clung to the possibility that the coronavirus pandemic will fade in hot weather, as some viral diseases do.

But the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, in a public report sent to the White House, has said, in effect: Don’t get your hopes up. After reviewing a variety of research reports, a panel concluded that the studies, of varying quality of evidence, do not offer a basis to believe that summer weather will interfere with the spread of the coronavirus. The pandemic may lessen because of social distancing and other measures, but the evidence so far does not inspire confidence in the benefits of sun and humidity....

Kristian Andersen, an immunologist at the Scripps Research Translational Institute in California and a member of the Standing Committee on Emerging Infectious Diseases and 21st Century Health Threats at the National Academies, said: “Given current data, we believe that the pandemic likely will not diminish because of summer, and we should be careful not to base policies and strategies around the hope that it will.”

“We might very well see a reduction in spread in the beginning of the summer,” he added, “but we have to be careful not to put that down to a changing climate — it is plausible that such a reduction could be due to other measures put in place.”

Human behavior will be most important. Dr. David Relman, who studies host-microbe interactions at Stanford, said if a human coughs or sneezes enough virus “close enough to the next susceptible person, then temperature and humidity just won’t matter that much.”...

“Specially in the U.S., any effect, even in the summer months, may not be highly visible, so our real chance to stop this virus is indeed through taking quarantine measures,” said Qasim Bukhari, a computational scientist at M.I.T. who is a co-author of the study.

The report sent to the White House also struck a cautionary note: “Given that countries currently in ‘summer’ climates, such as Australia and Iran, are experiencing rapid virus spread, a decrease in cases with increases in humidity and temperature elsewhere should not be assumed,” it said.

Pandemics do not behave the same way seasonal outbreaks do. For the National Academies’ report, researchers looked at the history of flu pandemics as an example. “There have been 10 influenza pandemics in the past 250-plus years — two started in the Northern Hemisphere winter, three in the spring, two in the summer and three in the fall,” the report said. “All had a peak second wave approximately six months after emergence of the virus in the human population, regardless of when the initial introduction occurred.”

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X