Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which land at the Disneyland Resort are you missing the most?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which land at the Disneyland Resort are you missing the most?

As the closure drags on, I can’t help but wonder what land everyone is missing the most! I am personally missing New Orleans Square along with the sites, sounds, and mint juleps that can be found there!

Hope everyone is staying safe!

Fantasyland, namely the eastern portion by the Alice, the Matterhorn, Small World Mall and the Lagoon.

While part of the appeal is the attractions in the area, I think the other part, is the fact that this section of the park, has never been completely replicated to another park. Or in another words, its a unique gem that's only in Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      Fantasyland, namely the eastern portion by the Alice, the Matterhorn, Small World Mall and the Lagoon.

While part of the appeal is the attractions in the area, I think the other part, is the fact that this section of the park, has never been completely replicated to another park. Or in another words, its a unique gem that's only in Disneyland.
      I couldn’t agree more! The lagoon is one of my favorite places in the entire park.

Comment

Adventureland... Missing the music that plays in the Jungle Cruise queue, the taste of Dole Whips, and hearing Sallah say: “Welcome, my friends, to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye!” in the projection room.

Stay safe, and keep your Eye on the Globe!

Comment

All the ones between the railroad tracks. Never been to Star Wars, so not missing it.

Comment

I actually kind of miss Galaxy's Edge at night, before close, when barely anyone's in there. Getting a green milk and walking all the way over to Tomorrowland through Thunder Trail and Adventureland when the place is emptying out for a midnight run on Space Mountain would be nice tonight.

Comment

NOS. Always NOS.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I find myself thinking about Main Street, Fantasyland, and Big ThunderMountain, but the mention of Sallah has me missing Indy!
                "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

The whole damn place! :-)

Comment

The areas adjacent to the Rivers of America. That has always been the heart of the park, for me. Also, the Tropical Hideaway is very nice.

For CA, I'd say Paradise Garden.
                    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Tomorrowland...1972
                      “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them
                      so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                      WDW Trips: '81
                      EPCOT Trips: '93
                      Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Agreed, that's probably one of my favorite parts of the park, also for the reason that the Disneyland Railroad and Monorails pass by every so often. The back half of the Rivers of America by the edge of Critter Country with the waterfalls, the nature sounds and all the river traffic and Railroad passing by is also a favorite corner for the fact that it's unusually peaceful and quiet, away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park. Especially true if you're on the back half of Tom Sawyer's Island, or sitting by the tables by the old Motorboat Cruise by Small World Mall.
                        "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                        "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

What I would give for a churro and several laps on the DLRR right now.

Comment

Well:
                            1. Not a land but I’m missing the Esplanade more, as it’s the in between spot of Disneyland and DCA and the starting point for the day, and
                            2. Adventureland because that’s where our current favorite attraction lies, The Temple of the Forbidden Eye
                            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Just chilling at the top of the Treehouse at dusk.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                                Adventureland... Missing the music that plays in the Jungle Cruise queue, the taste of Dole Whips, and hearing Sallah say: “Welcome, my friends, to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye!” in the projection room.

Stay safe, and keep your Eye on the Globe!
                                Agreed, especially at night. One of my favorite places to be.

Comment

Usually NOS would be the instant response. But somehow right now I really miss Main Street. I guess I just want to get out and walk the boulevard.

Comment

All of fantasyland but especially Casey JR at night.

Comment

How ironic. With everything that is going on and everyone's stress levels elevated, the one place that would provide some relief and escapism from the madness, is affected as well.

As for me, the "Land" I miss most, is Disneyland.
                                      We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                                      The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

New Orleans Square. There’s just something about that place that is very magical. Maybe it reminds me of a time when I was a kid and my family and I would lounge in that area for lunch and talk about how much fun we’re having. And looking at my parents faces filled with happiness as they listened to us ramble about the next rides we want to get on. And how excited we are at that very moment to be all together.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X