Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Share your thrilling (wordless) cats of Disney posts in this WORDS ONLY thread!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Share your thrilling (wordless) cats of Disney posts in this WORDS ONLY thread!

I started this tread for all the Micechatters who like to discuss the cats in Disneyland,
    but aren't into photos
    in the hope that they don't post their words-only posts on the cats photos thread.

My main memory of Disneyland cats is from the 1970s, watching the river bank from the middle deck of the Mark Twain: The sight of a cat as it pounced on a duckling, and the sound of screams from two little girls who had seen it.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

Comment

I saw cats last trip, a week ago, at the Disneyland hotel. One was over by Tangora Terrace, while another was by the Adventureland tower. They seem very shy of guests.

Comment

SORRY, I botched the title of this thread by inserting "wordless" when I meant "photoless."

Regarding the thread with photos, can anyone confirm that Disneyland has stopped feeding the cats? If so, when did this policy begin?

On the other thread, Friendlypixie50 wrote:
        "
        I can’t remember where I read this, but it was from a cast member on another site who said the cats are no longer being fed as there is no one assigned to fill their feed stations. I really hope that’s not true, and that the cats have not been completely abandoned and left to fend for themselves. Although, I guess if they get hungry enough they would venture out into the surrounding neighborhoods. They also said the ducks are probably hungry without all that popcorn 😬"

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
          SORRY, I botched the title of this thread by inserting "wordless" when I meant "photoless."

Regarding the thread with photos, can anyone confirm that Disneyland has stopped feeding the cats? If so, when did this policy begin?

On the other thread, Friendlypixie50 wrote:
          "
          I can’t remember where I read this, but it was from a cast member on another site who said the cats are no longer being fed as there is no one assigned to fill their feed stations. I really hope that’s not true, and that the cats have not been completely abandoned and left to fend for themselves. Although, I guess if they get hungry enough they would venture out into the surrounding neighborhoods. They also said the ducks are probably hungry without all that popcorn 😬"
          That's very sad. Urban cats that have spent their entire lives being fed by humans are likely to starve if they're suddenly forced to feed themselves by hunting birds and mice. They have hunting instincts, but haven't developed their hunting skills.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
            I saw cats last trip, a week ago, at the Disneyland hotel. One was over by Tangora Terrace, while another was by the Adventureland tower. They seem very shy of guests.
            ^^^This. Coming out of Steakhouse 55 there was a kitty just hanging out on the walkway. I did get a pic but won't share it unless asked. Seen them in Epcot WDW too.
            My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Cats are a part of our day...when we visit The Parks, especially when we’re in DCA, daughter makes it a point to visit the cats by Grizzly River Rapids...sometimes the cats are either hiding and resting or are out roaming...but we always make a point to walk by their home...
              Last edited by bayouguy; 03-25-2020, 11:25 AM.
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X