Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Help from Dland 2005!

Hey guys! So, this photo was taken at Disneyland in 2005 during the 50th. The person who took the photo can’t remember where it was, but that it might have been taken on Mainstreet. I can’t figure out what building this would have been on. I have looked at a ton of photos of Mainstreet buildings and none seem to have this type of decor/trim. I also looked at the Golden Horseshoe and the Fantasyland Theatre. Does anyone here have any insight as to where this might have been located or remember seeing this during the 50th celebration?? I can’t figure it out at all.

Maybe inside the Opera House? Looks like a spin on Comedy and Tragedy...

Or maybe a temporary display inside Disney Showcase on Main Street.

My last guess is inside the 20th Century Music Shop on Main Street.

Comment

Yes those were my guesses too since it’s a play on the drama theatre masks. But it looks like it’s outside with the sky in the background. But I suppose it could be a light colored wall behind it.

Comment

Found it. It was on the top of the frame for the "photo collage" on Main St. during the 50th. (the current health crisis has left me with some free time).

Click image for larger version

Name:	happiestfaces_steamboatwillie2005ah.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	8615988

Comment

Omg yay! Thank you so much! I tried googling it, but couldn’t find it all. I knew someone on here would be able to figure it out.

Comment

Just over 2 hours for an answer. Not bad...

Comment

Not bad at all! I searched so long last night and found nothing. It was driving me crazy lol. It’s so weird, I went almost every weekend in 2005 (my very first pass) and I don’t remember this one at all. I remember the other picture collages around the park, but completely forgot there was one in this spot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	disneyland 50th cal and connor may 2005.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	8615998Aw, seeing this photo collage brought back great memories of Disneyland's 50th. That was a truly special time! I wish I took photos of ALL the photo collages.
                Here's another one with my nephews. They are now 26 and 22. Time flies!

Comment

Aww that’s such a great picture! I know that time gave me some of my favorite memories in the park. I had just gotten my very first pass as a senior in High school, and went so many times with friends and family. The park was still affordable and you could go after work on a Friday and almost walk on everything. I also loved the collages. My favorite ones were the ones by Its a Small World.

Comment

Great thread! It reminds me of "Where are we?" -- a guess-the-DL-photo-location thread that Ortizmo2000 started a few years ago. It had some major brain teasers! Maybe it should be resurrected and continued?
                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Mr. Wiggins that’s such a good idea!

Comment

I wished we could have contributed to the mosaic with a picture but wife refused to allow it...sad about it but life continues...
                        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X