Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

A Good Old-Fashioned Imagineering Thread!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Fun] A Good Old-Fashioned Imagineering Thread!

    With the park closures, and no new topics springing up, I though it would be fun to do another imagineering thread! Simple rules being:

    1. It must be feasible and semi-reasonable to build at Disneyland or California Adventure.
    2. They’re allowed to use IP’s but let’s face it, it’s more fun without
    3. Use great detail to describe your vision!

    (You can even employ use of Concept Art, but it’s not required)
    and have fun! With us all stuck inside we have time to dream up our own ideas for the parks!

    I’ll definitely be uploading my own ride idea soon, but I’d like to see other ideas as well!

    also a fun story- in 2017, in the thread “Tell us your all-original ideas for new attractions, shops, and etc.” I came up with this idea of an outdoor sit down restaurant,

    "The Bird's Paradise"- I had an idea to close up Aladin's Oasis. He will have a smaller meet and greet near the exit of Tarzan's tree house. Close up the Entrance to the oasis,(the one random Arabic building in what appears to be an american jungle outpost. Make the new entrance by using the balcony of the tiki room near the exit, but expand it all around the building. Beautify that area with totems, plants, and AA birds like inside.Clear off the old stage and the blcony are from the old oasis. Then, make a sit-down style restaurant in the space. The kitchen can be placed toward any side of the now sit-down restaurant. Decorate with torches, tikis, and AA birds, who do a mini show every 10 minutes. Possibly even extend the jungle river to the restaurant (not as wide) and put a fountain. A beautiful sit-down in the heart of the jungle

    and about 2 years after the Tropical Hideaway opened. I’m just saying.... (that was a joke ).

  • #2
    Some time ago there was an idea of using the Country Bears AAs in Grizzly River Rapids, but as regular Bears. This gave me an idea:

    The Country Bears River Tour at Grizzly Peak's Airfield.

    The Country Bears return to DCA, and start 'a 360 musical river tour' of the scenic peaceful Grizzly Peak River. However, a (faux) leaky dam has caused an overrun of the river and causes rapids. During the ride guests past each 'musical act', which are detailed using pratical effects and projections, to give a different experience each time, no matter where you sit.

    However the rapids have cause the acts to 'fall apart' from the river overrun(Band members are performing in floating barrels, fish are jumping out of the piano, Teddi Berra swing is spinning out of control before the final 'spin' drop). In the Ensemble finale, as the country music hits the 'high notes', the rafts go through the geyers and adds to the final number.

    The music would be either be existing 'themed' country music or new original music written for the ride. And finally this ride, would allow the Country Bears to be introduced to the next generation of Disney fans and keep the tradition up!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      Some time ago there was an idea of using the Country Bears AAs in Grizzly River Rapids, but as regular Bears. This gave me an idea:

      The Country Bears River Tour at Grizzly Peak's Airfield.

      The Country Bears return to DCA, and start 'a 360 musical river tour' of the scenic peaceful Grizzly Peak River. However, a (faux) leaky dam has caused an overrun of the river and causes rapids. During the ride guests past each 'musical act', which are detailed using pratical effects and projections, to give a different experience each time, no matter where you sit.

      However the rapids have cause the acts to 'fall apart' from the river overrun(Band members are performing in floating barrels, fish are jumping out of the piano, Teddi Berra swing is spinning out of control before the final 'spin' drop). In the Ensemble finale, as the country music hits the 'high notes', the rafts go through the geyers and adds to the final number.

      The music would be either be existing 'themed' country music or new original music written for the ride. And finally this ride, would allow the Country Bears to be introduced to the next generation of Disney fans and keep the tradition up!
      Just reading that idea made me so happy! I think that’s a really cool and cute idea!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm always wondering why Imagineering doesn't go underground to make space for more rides. Anybody have any ideas/know any reasons for that? I mean, they obviously dig down a bit for some rides (POTC, HM, Little Mermaid, etc). And doesn't the Indy queue go under the RR tracks?

        Anyway, I keep thinking about a Princess and the Frog boat-based dark ride/minor thrill ride (ala Splash Mountain), in NOS. I think I'd start the queue by entering the LeBouf house, inside the berm, then an indoor queue leading under the berm, then going on into the swam, maybe through Tiana's neighborhood, as you approach the loading area. After that, a ride through the swamp, encountering Louis, the redneck fishermen (a thrill here?), then Ray and friends (another thrill as they show us the way to Mama Odie?), and finally Mama Odie and the transformation back to human as the rides re-enter the loading area.

        Granted, I haven't really looked at maps to see if it could fit anywhere near there, but I think it would make a fun and thematically appropriate addition to the area

        Comment


        • #5
          Transit Depot USA

          DCA's Hollywoodland is a sad joke, especially the awful dead corner where Philharmagic, Monsters Inc., and Captain Marvel now live.

          I propose leveling all those barely used, boring areas for a gigantic transportation depot complete with all the real life trappings of a terminal.

          I'd re-route the Red Line Trolley into the Captain Marvel/Black Panther/Hangar thing as it's home station/repair barn which is plussed up with QR codes for scanning like Galaxy's Edge. The food truck & outdoor bar thing get moved inside & rethemed.

          Next, the monorail would get a stop inside in the former Stage 17/Philharmagic buildings, which are joined into the massive Elias Terminal. Also, a cool character that's basically a monorail with a moustache and a raspy smokers voice named Juan Track has a meet & greet and Laugh Floor type show shoved in here.

          Monsters Inc would get gutted for Wild Taxi Run, a whimsical, trackless fury that takes you on a rollicking journey from your home in Hyperion Village to the Transit Depot for departure to a cool vacation. (It gets themed seasonally for Xmastime & Summertime jaunts.)

          The outdoor stage and phony facades are all replaced by a real gift shop and "information kiosk" that operates a scavenger hunt game. Award Wieners is renamed Travel Wieners.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
            I'm always wondering why Imagineering doesn't go underground to make space for more rides. Anybody have any ideas/know any reasons for that? I mean, they obviously dig down a bit for some rides (POTC, HM, Little Mermaid, etc). And doesn't the Indy queue go under the RR tracks?

            ....

            Granted, I haven't really looked at maps to see if it could fit anywhere near there, but I think it would make a fun and thematically appropriate addition to the area
            I think the reasons on the aversion to underground rides are that: California is Earthquake county and it's expensive to dig.

            Regarding the ride. It does sounds nice. The big caveat is that NOS is a bit landlocked. Both Pirates and Haunted Mansion take up a huge chunk of the land. The only possible location would be the NOS Train Station, which might needed to be removed entirely. In a addition, a new overpass/underpass would need to be built to bypass the tracks. The backstage would have to be shifted, but a small dark ride could hypothetically fit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

              I think the reasons on the aversion to underground rides are that: California is Earthquake county and it's expensive to dig.

              Regarding the ride. It does sounds nice. The big caveat is that NOS is a bit landlocked. Both Pirates and Haunted Mansion take up a huge chunk of the land. The only possible location would be the NOS Train Station, which might needed to be removed entirely. In a addition, a new overpass/underpass would need to be built to bypass the tracks. The backstage would have to be shifted, but a small dark ride could hypothetically fit.
              Just went on Google Maps to look and yes! I think an underpass into a small New Orleans Neighborhood (Pictured)- albeit rather condensed- would fit in so well! The space is there!
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                I think the reasons on the aversion to underground rides are that: California is Earthquake county and it's expensive to dig.

                Regarding the ride. It does sounds nice. The big caveat is that NOS is a bit landlocked. Both Pirates and Haunted Mansion take up a huge chunk of the land. The only possible location would be the NOS Train Station, which might needed to be removed entirely. In a addition, a new overpass/underpass would need to be built to bypass the tracks. The backstage would have to be shifted, but a small dark ride could hypothetically fit.
                I've see the opportunity for a ride in that spot as well. You have both a large cooling/hvac building back there, along with a structure right behind the HM showbuilding.

                My choice would be for a thrill ride based on the Rescuers, with the swamp speeder or dragonfly leaf vehicles, and the crocodiles, half-sunk riverboat, and pirate cave. Fits both NOS and CC perfectly.
                "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think we all see that with the Runaway Railway coming to DL, all of ToonToown will receive a facelift to compliment the new ride. My suggestion...

                  Goofy’s Barnstormer 2.0

                  Yes a barnstormer attraction already exists, but with Disney mirroring ideas from one park to another, it’s not a stretch to see. However, my concept for the Barnstormer is much grander. It will occupy the space currently used by Gadgets Go, Donald’s Boat, Goofys House, and Chip And Dale Treehouse. The idea is to move Donald’s Boat to where Goofy’s house is (and hopefully making it more interesting too). Then, Building Goofy’s farm there. You start by boarding a rather sketchy looking plane. After going into a barn, with AA chickens, you burst through a crash doors roof and head down into a cave, and burst out a huge rabbits hole. You circle around the barn, and go into a huge seed dispensary (I think that’s what that is lol). After coming down, you fly on a track which covers the entrance, and go around the stables, past a water tower which sprays guests. After going into the second cave, it stops. Goofy would be talking to the guests the whole time through a walk-in talkie “duct taped” onto the cart. He’ll say your cart is stuck, and a small compartment opens up with buttons, levers and keys. After a few seconds of him yelling to push the buttons and flip switches, you zoom out again and head back to the stables. This would make that rode worth going down, and would bring more guests to that part of the park. I also think, if Disney was willing, they could expand slightly into the Galaxies Edge expansion pad to make the whole ride larger and more open, also having an interactive queue through Goofy’s Farmhouse. (some doodles and rough drawings down below)

                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  Get Away Today Footer

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X