Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1959 Disneyland Picture

Here is something interesting as well as something I had never seen before. If you look at the bottom of this picture, you can see "Fantasyland" painted on the side of that building. I don't think I had ever seen this before. BTW-what is that building? This is from a 1959 film I had converted from 16mm to digital.
    Attached Files
    sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

what was the film from? Disneyland vacation advertisement?

the building looks like it is Casey Jr.'s "round house".

on Google Maps, the area is tree covered so I couldn't see if it is still there or has been replaced.

Comment

It's from a movie called Sweet Success on the business adventures of Jack Wrather.
      sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Comment

if you look at the left side of the building, one of the Casey Jr. trains is back stage on the track that leads to the building.

Comment

What an amazing view. The change in the relative locations of the teacups & Dumbo is fascinating. And that pirate ship and skull rock! They really need to find a spot to bring those back. Across from Small World by the pond maybe?

Any books show the changes in the layout of the park throungh the years? It would be cool to have a series of maps drawn to scale to compare.
          "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Don, that's a great find!!

And for any new MiceChatters who might not know who oldhotelguy is, he's Don Ballard, the world's top authority on the history of the original Disneyland Hotel -- he literally wrote the book(s)!
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by mr wiggins View Post
              don, that's a great find!!

And for any new micechatters who might not know who oldhotelguy is, he's don ballard, the world's top authority on the history of the original disneyland hotel -- he literally wrote the book(s)!
              bingo x 2
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

From google earth if you look in 3D mode and spin a bit looks like its just storage buildings now. Was Fantasy Land printed because it was in viewable from the Disneyland Railroad at that time?

Comment

looks like the building is still there under the trees. the stuff in front along the road looks like storage units or add-on sheds.
                  Attached Files

Comment

In the first picture, the building at the upper right is the Rainbow Caverns building of the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X