Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland/DCA reopening a madhouse?

Or a bit more measured, in my opinion...people still may be hesitant to return...I’ll return soon after a reopening, with many things in our home that have been neglected and in need of repairs...
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

I think there will be some trepidation to return by non-locals, (similar to the aftermath of 9/11). It might be some time before the regular amount of vacationers return.

Because Disneyland has a large dedicated AP base, I think locals will be more willingly to return, because of the nearby vicinity. Compare this to the average tourist, who has to drive, fly or take a train across country to come to the parks.

And the another question to ask, is how will this affect international tourist.

Comment

Part of me wants to say it will be slow as people will be reluctant to go until they are absolutely certain the virus is eradicated or at bay. On the other hand local governments have been forced to close off the parks and beaches because people were showing up in droves.

Then there’s the fact that so many people are out of work. So this may be the main reason that people may stay away. Even with a vaccination and cure people may not be afraid to go but just can’t afford to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
        Part of me wants to say it will be slow as people will be reluctant to go until they are absolutely certain the virus is eradicated or at bay. On the other hand local governments have been forced to close off the parks and beaches because people were showing up in droves.

Then there’s the fact that so many people are out of work. So this may be the main reason that people may stay away. Even with a vaccination and cure people may not be afraid to go but just can’t afford to do so.
        To quote, James Carville, “it’s the economy stupid.” And I don’t mean that in a negative way I meant it as an agreement. We will be in a recession, a global one. Disney is a luxury, one that a lot of people can now no longer afford. Attendance will be down, if not immediately than certainly a short time afterward when AP renewals come around and vacations already booked are finished with.

I will add that parks attendance stagnated or dipped a little bit in the years after 2008’s crash, but some parks saw increases in that time too. This is different based on Disneyland’s price alone; it is far higher, above and beyond the rate of inflation and what wage increases were, ergo a likely bigger hit as it’s a more premium priced product.
        Last edited by linkeq2001; 03-30-2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I think they’ll aloud a few hundred people in at a time and that’s it. Overflowing the park after reopening it, wouldn’t be a smart move.

Comment

I think pretty much every AP will visit.....while they still can........but I also think a lot of them will not be renewing, mainly because they simply do not have the funds to do so.

I doubt if very many tourists will visit, lack of money being the main issue.

Comment

The reliance on the super spending tourist is long past at this point. They will be few and far between.

The age of the Annual Passholder has come.

Comment

DLR a MADHOUSE!!! because so many locals. WDW not too bad maybe even very quiet to to it being a tourist destination and no one knows when it will actually open so there is no planning involved on when people can show up.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post

To quote, James Carville, “it’s the economy stupid.” And I don’t mean that in a negative way I meant it as an agreement. We will be in a recession, a global one. Disney is a luxury, one that a lot of people can now no longer afford. Attendance will be down, if not immediately than certainly a short time afterward when AP renewals come around and vacations already booked are finished with.

I will add that parks attendance stagnated or dipped a little bit in the years after 2008’s crash, but some parks saw increases in that time too. This is different based on Disneyland’s price alone; it is far higher, above and beyond the rate of inflation and what wage increases were, ergo a likely bigger hit as it’s a more premium priced product.
                  That's a great point, and I have to wonder if Disney will be forced to actually decrease prices across the board in the new deflationary environment

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X