Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you skip rides?

are you a person that skips rides? is there a ride/attraction that your not a fan of that you just don't go on because its just not fun for you? i've been enough times where i can either take it or leave it with some rides. i don't like the teacups because it makes me feel sick after i get off so i avoid going on it. what are some rides you avoid/skip?
    http://youtube.com/belushi87
    http://www.jaymisworld.webs.com
    http://www.10PinkElephants.tumblr.com

There are rides I don't go on because of motion sickness. I also have 'second tier' rides that I'd skip if time was a factor to go on a 'more favorite' ride. But the funny thing is those '2nd tier' rides change from visit to visit. A ride I happily skipped to ride something else might suddenly become a 'we really have to do this' ride.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Of course, I miss some rides. Not everything will appeal to everyone. Some for health concerns, some because they make me sick, some just aren’t worth my time to wait.
      fir example, due to health reasons, California Screaming could be potentially fatal, so I skip it. Teacups makes me vomit, Dumbo, Jumping Jellyfish, and Astro Orbiter just aren’t usually worth my time. As others have said, the rides I skip often change from visit to visit, based on my mood.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I don't go on thrill rides, I greatly prefer slower, ore immersive rides.

Just off the top of my head, I generally avoid;

1) Space Mountain.

2) Thunder Mountain, though I'll usually ride it once or twice during my visit.

3) Splash Mountain. A great ride but I cannot stand being soaking wet.

4) Matterhorn.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them at the moment.........

Comment

Yeah, I ignore all of the kiddie spinner rides (Teacups, Dumbo, Mater) and usually avoid Pirates & Guardians since their lines are generally ridiculous- even with FP in Guardians' case lately.

Comment

Teacups and Mickey's Fun Wheel. I might try the Fun Wheel again sometime in one of the stationary gondolas, but when I tried a swinging one I almost puked. It was awful.
            "Have I gone mad?"
            "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Pilot View Post
              Yeah, I ignore all of the kiddie spinner rides (Teacups, Dumbo, Mater) and usually avoid Pirates & Guardians since their lines are generally ridiculous- even with FP in Guardians' case lately.
              You avoid Pirates because of the line? Even when the line is fully spilling out into the walkway and has extra ropes to keep Guests organized it still isn’t that long of a wait. It looks like it would take a long time but it loads so incredibly fast that it really doesn’t take long at all.

I avoid Mickey’s Fun Wheel for a couple reasons:

• The swinging gondolas are TERRIFYING. There’s really not too many rides I won’t go on (if any) because I love the thrill, but for some reason the first time I got swung out to the edge of the wheel it just really got to me.

• I would go on MFW, at some point I’m sure I will, but the ride isn’t a good enough ride for me to not be doing something else I like better. Kind of like the Golden Zephyr and the Silly Symphony Swings, if I was with people that want to go on them then I’d go, but aside from that they’re just not good enough attractions.

Comment

I have never been on It's a Small World in Disneyland. When I was a kid on vacation at WDW, my mom insisted we ride IASW, and My 9-year-old self was SO bored on this boat ride full of singing action figures that I was vaguely traumatized and have never felt the need to go on it again in any park. Some day I should probably give it another chance, but for now, it's one I've always skipped.

I also skip Storybook Land Canals for similar reasons. It's cute and charming once, but I prefer rides with a story and/or action.

And, like others, I skip the teacups these days. I can handle rollercoasters and thrill rides just fine, but things that spin in a circle make me feel sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Adventure View Post

You avoid Pirates because of the line? Even when the line is fully spilling out into the walkway and has extra ropes to keep Guests organized it still isn’t that long of a wait. It looks like it would take a long time but it loads so incredibly fast that it really doesn’t take long at all.

I avoid Mickey’s Fun Wheel for a couple reasons:

• The swinging gondolas are TERRIFYING. There’s really not too many rides I won’t go on (if any) because I love the thrill, but for some reason the first time I got swung out to the edge of the wheel it just really got to me.

• I would go on MFW, at some point I’m sure I will, but the ride isn’t a good enough ride for me to not be doing something else I like better. Kind of like the Golden Zephyr and the Silly Symphony Swings, if I was with people that want to go on them then I’d go, but aside from that they’re just not good enough attractions.
                  Haha, yeah, I usually steer clear of anything with an overflowing, additional queue. My general rule with Pirates is that if I can't immediately walk under the bridge and into the courtyard wind up, I'll come back later.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
                    I have never been on It's a Small World in Disneyland. When I was a kid on vacation at WDW, my mom insisted we ride IASW, and My 9-year-old self was SO bored on this boat ride full of singing action figures that I was vaguely traumatized and have never felt the need to go on it again in any park. Some day I should probably give it another chance, but for now, it's one I've always skipped.

I also skip Storybook Land Canals for similar reasons. It's cute and charming once, but I prefer rides with a story and/or action.

And, like others, I skip the teacups these days. I can handle rollercoasters and thrill rides just fine, but things that spin in a circle make me feel sick.
                    I suggest if you're going to try IASW someday, do so at Christmastime. It's a different experience and quite charming.

As for me, I never go on the Matterhorn, Incredicoaster, submarines (absolute worst ride imo) or Autopia. I REALLY wish I liked the Matterhorn. I love the theme and I have happy memories of seeing it from the 5 and knowing we were minutes from Disneyland. Unfortunately, the Matterhorn just feels like torture on my back.
                    "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

I don't deliberately avoid rides, unless there is a long line. But there are some rides/attractions that I haven't been on years or at all.
                      Disneyland
                      Main Street Vehicles-I'm not sure if I ever been on horseless carriage or the fire engine

Astro Orbiter-Never ridden on. Never had the chance

Storybookland Canals-The queue always looks busy. Even busier than Dumbo

Fantasyland Theater-True Story: The last show I saw was Snow White, but my family left after my father and sister thought it was ridiculous that there were people dressed up as animals and prancing about on the stage.

Shooting Gallery-Only my dad played it.

Tom Sawyer's Island-Only went there once or twice.

Davy Crockett Canoes-Never ridden on. Not sure if it looks enjoyable from being self powered.

Innoventions Buiding/Star Wars Launch Bay-Went in during its prime in 2000s, but left immediately after my Mother was bored.

DCA
                      Disney Animation- Early 2000s, We walked in and then walked walked out. Turtle Talk, has been in the bucket list for awhile, though

Playhouse Disney/Disney Jr Show-Never been in there since Soap Opera Bistro

Red Car Trolley-Never had the chance to ride on sadly.

Redwood creek challenge trail-Never gone through, sadly.

Games the boardwalk-Always skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                        There are rides I don't go on because of motion sickness. I also have 'second tier' rides that I'd skip if time was a factor to go on a 'more favorite' ride. But the funny thing is those '2nd tier' rides change from visit to visit. A ride I happily skipped to ride something else might suddenly become a 'we really have to do this' ride.
                        Motion sickness is definitely an issue...so about 6 or so attractions are always out...the other attractions are fair game...but daughter and I usually like to get on the same attraction, most of the time...daughter likes occasional Fantasyland attractions added to our day, which I'm more than happy to climb onto...
                        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

I don't go on Smuggler's Run. I prefer Star Tours as it is a better ride.
                          "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Wow, I guess there are a lot I skip: Nemo, Astro Orbiters, Autopia, Innoventions... Dumbo, Teacups, IASW... all of Toontown except for Roger Rabbit... Indy... the Columbia, shooting gallery... the Monsters Inc ride, the Zephyr, the jellyfish thing, Little Mermaid, Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death... No reason to think I'll go on the Inside Out ride anytime soon, and I'm not really interested in GOTG or RSR or anything strictly kid-centric. I usually skip the Main Street vehicles, but I've had some really fun conversations with the drivers now and then, so I ride when it seems like a good time. Most of these I would ride if I had time, but with so much to do in the parks, other ways to have fun just take priority.

I didn't realize until now how much I don't do when I'm there! lol I guess just being there is enough

Stuff I haven't done but still want to: Turtle Talk, canoes, GE in general, Star Tours, GOTG, ...I think that's all...

Comment

I skip the submarine ride, autopia, teacups.

Comment

I too skip the tea cups. Can't handle it. I skip the sub ride because Disney has ruined it. On a personal note I will skip any ride if the line is to long. The whole FP thing has made the normal line longer. Toy Story Mania had a really short line so we jumped in but the CM was holding the line and only letting the FP line go so we ended up sitting for almost an hour. And of course the CM was like,"So sad, to bad. Bye bye!"
                                My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

In our case we skip different attractions each trip and go on others instead. So i would say overall we do not skip anything. Last trip we went on Casey Jr and Storybook for the fisrt time in a couple years.
                                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                  My company had a special night at the park
                                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                  NYE 2011 trip report
                                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                  Leap year 24 hour report
                                  New DCA trip report
                                  NYE 2012
                                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Pilot View Post

Haha, yeah, I usually steer clear of anything with an overflowing, additional queue. My general rule with Pirates is that if I can't immediately walk under the bridge and into the courtyard wind up, I'll come back later.
                                    Got it, that’s some pretty sound logic.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                                      Wow, I guess there are a lot I skip: Nemo, Astro Orbiters, Autopia, Innoventions... Dumbo, Teacups, IASW... all of Toontown except for Roger Rabbit... Indy... the Columbia, shooting gallery... the Monsters Inc ride, the Zephyr, the jellyfish thing, Little Mermaid, Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death... No reason to think I'll go on the Inside Out ride anytime soon, and I'm not really interested in GOTG or RSR or anything strictly kid-centric. I usually skip the Main Street vehicles, but I've had some really fun conversations with the drivers now and then, so I ride when it seems like a good time. Most of these I would ride if I had time, but with so much to do in the parks, other ways to have fun just take priority.

I didn't realize until now how much I don't do when I'm there! lol I guess just being there is enough

Stuff I haven't done but still want to: Turtle Talk, canoes, GE in general, Star Tours, GOTG, ...I think that's all...
                                      What HAVE you done in Disneyland? 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
                                        The whole FP thing has made the normal line longer. Toy Story Mania had a really short line so we jumped in but the CM was holding the line and only letting the FP line go so we ended up sitting for almost an hour. And of course the CM was like,"So sad, to bad. Bye bye!"
                                        TSMM's line wasn't that grand before Fastpass was finally installed. I remember skipping it in 2015, because the line was never under 45 minutes.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X