Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Character Masks

Like Mickey Ears, what if Imagineering were to design N95 masks in all sizes for the parks, with custom character faces...
    ....what kind would you wear?

(This list is in no way exhausting as it's just for fun, or... tell me your favorite character!)
    Classic Mickey or Minnie
    70.59%
    Classic Park Characters
    35.29%
    Chewbacca
    17.65%
    Inside Out's Emotions
    5.88%
    Muppets' Animal
    11.76%
    Na'vi
    5.88%
    Rocket Raccoon
    11.76%
    Simpsons & Springfield's Citizens
    11.76%
    Stitch
    17.65%
    Tron
    23.53%

And you have to pair your Mickey mask with the ears.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I would have many ones so i could change my mood. To start with though I would want Darth Vader whose not on your list. So from your list I would go TRON and it has to light up!
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

Donald Duck bill.

Or Darth Vader, wheezing dramatically all day.

Or C-3PO, scooting around with my arms held angled out to the sides.

Scar mask with goatee.

Chernabog's fangs.

You didn't include villains. I think villains would be a pretty big seller.
        Last edited by bigcatrik; 04-15-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

You are right, I love a good villain too! Capt Hook with pointy mustache. Dr.Facilier and his gaptooth grin. Urrrrrsula.

On a brighter side, Chip n Dale masks with protruding noses would be a massive hit.

Polls are fun, but with only eight provided slots, I left out a lot of great choices. Definitely Ear hat and Face mask would require matching.
          Photo scanners at security might need rethinking, as would be horrible to expose the CMs there all day.

Comment

I love this idea, but I wonder- would Disneyland allow masks that might confuse other guests by making one look too much like a character? I mean, a Mickey mouth/face and Mickey ears might look an awful lot like Mickey, especially to young kids? A Darth Vader mask with a black hat and black clothes would probably violate those rules too. Some Disney-themed masks would be fun, though. Seems like a missed opportunity for Disney merchandise/marketing teams. I wonder what I can make along those lines...

Comment

This is funny- later yesterday morning after I made the previous post, I was thinking more about this on my way to the grocery store for necessities. I realized that the question I posed above was only about wearing Disney-themed masks in the parks, so I broke 'out of the box' and thought, 'well, how about a mask with just Mickey heads/faces on it? That would work in the parks....' Minutes later, when I got there, the lady at the front door (counting customers, I presume) was wearing the very mask I was thinking of!

So now I'm thinking outside OUTSIDE the box... lol hmmm...

Comment

https://www.shopdisney.com/face-masks/
                Very funny too! Already pre-ordered the Disney face facemasks. Next? (i hope!) molded n95 3d noses.
                (Wish the Marvel Hulk was with more friends like him.)
                Last edited by brett; 04-30-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Please no masks at Disney! Don't ruin the magic

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                    https://www.shopdisney.com/face-masks/
                    Very funny too! Already pre-ordered the Disney face facemasks. Next? (i hope!) molded n95 3d noses.
                    (Wish the Marvel Hulk was with more friends like him.)
                    Me too!!! Classic Minnie & Mickey for me! And yes to molded noses, I'd wear one in a heartbeat.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                      The magic is within us. Wearing a mask (or seeing others wear them) won't diminish my enjoyment one iota. In fact, I'd be happy to see that others care about themselves (and others) enough to do what's necessary.
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I made myself some Disney masks to wear to the supermarket...the downside is I get people approaching me to tell me how cute my mask is.
                        The Star Wars designs on the Disney site are cute, but I'd like to see a Darth Vader or C-3PO one added in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

The magic is within us. Wearing a mask (or seeing others wear them) won't diminish my enjoyment one iota. In fact, I'd be happy to see that others care about themselves (and others) enough to do what's necessary.
                          Totally agree. Those masks at shop disney are cute! I love the Baby Yoda, but my favorite character is Jasmine.

In addition to appreciating that people are being considerate by wearing a mask (I wear a mask for you; you wear a mask for me, right?), I just don't get the strong dislike for masks. I would be thrilled if wearing a mask anytime you are ill - not just with Covid-19 but with cold or flu as well - became common practice in the US. I consider mask wearing a kindness.
                          "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

While I encourage wearing the mask in the current situation (especially if it is a park rule and it’s opening in the current climate), lets be honest: it can’t and/or won’t be strictly enforced. Too many people to put it simply. A few years back, Disney announced a policy that you can’t camp out for parades/shows. This was long forgotten because there are just too many people and they couldn’t track how long everyone was sitting at bench (not to mention those who simply wanted to rest). Similarly, masks will be taken off to eat and drink casually for a bit of churro or a sip of water. From what I observe of human nature, pulling the mask off temporarily for such things will slowly turn into just leaving it off altogether. As soon as others start seeing those without masks, they will feel more comfortable ditching their masks as well in snowball effect...Unless of course we have changed as a society but I’m dubious at this point. It’s easy to wear mask for an errand but wearing one for a day of leisure is still very new.

That being said, the character mask could easily be a way to make it “cute” (you can find homemade masks online already with designs). I could even see Disney adding plush characters with little masks.
                            Last edited by Jesser-pie; 05-01-2020, 08:27 AM.
                            One less angry fan at the park is a plus in my book. Bye!

Comment

^In a effort to spread awareness, the mask is also to protect others in case you have the sickness and do not know it. What might be harmless with no symptoms for one can hurt another. That is the purpose of the mask.

When I went Tokyo Disneyland in 2018, a number of guests were wearing masks for a similar reason (though air pollution also plays a part). Masks are part of their culture, but they did not diminish the magic (in fact I find the Japanese are more enthusiastic and happy guests than Americans).

Furthermore, people smile with more than just their mouths. The eyes are the windows to the soul and they are giveaway when a smile is not genuine. Thus, even with masks, you will be able to tell when guests are happy.
                              One less angry fan at the park is a plus in my book. Bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                                ^In a effort to spread awareness, the mask is also to protect others in case you have the sickness and do not know it. What might be harmless with no symptoms for one can hurt another. That is the purpose of the mask.

When I went Tokyo Disneyland in 2018, a number of guests were wearing masks for a similar reason (though air pollution also plays a part). Masks are part of their culture, but they did not diminish the magic (in fact I find the Japanese are more enthusiastic and happy guests than Americans).

Furthermore, people smile with more than just their mouths. The eyes are the windows to the soul and they are giveaway when a smile is not genuine. Thus, even with masks, you will be able to tell when guests are happy.
                                Well said!
                                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

I prefer living in a society where we can see each others faces and smiles. Everyone walking around Disney with masks on would be the end of the road for me going there. No character meeting, no parades, no fireworks, no shows, masks on everyone's faces = no magic. People are becoming irrational OCD germaphobes. If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a sick person. Sorry for derailing this thread.
                                  I agree with those who mention the eyes. That is where a true smile lives.

As for being a germaphobe, guilty as charged but it is not irrational. I fell ill much less often when I lived in a country where people wore masks when they were ill. Even though some of my colleagues would come to work sick, they wore a mask and I never caught anything, compared with here when I was constantly fighting off colds that I picked up at work. I know that mask-wearing works. Because there are asymptomatic carriers of this coronavirus. everyone should wear a mask to protect the vulnerable.

edit: oh wanted to add that ITA about Japanese guests at Tokyo DL. They even had strict parade protocols (no sitting until so many minutes before the parade but everyone must sit), but the parades were so much more fun because everyone chanted and got into it. You can still tell if people are happy, kind, excited, etc. even if they are wearing a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

To me, this is a delightful attitude -- making lemonade out of lemons. And I do hope there are enough people who don't mind the masks so that DL can open up to them and at least survive as a theme park. But for me and my family -- which now includes little ones who are learning social skills -- we will wait until we can see the full-face smiles and laughter. We have all had to accept many, many changes and accept many compromises at the theme parks in recent years. This is just one too many for our family. The masks change human-to-human interactions. I see it at the grocery store. It's there in the produce department with the produce man who used to smile and offer a sample of a fruit. And on and on.

Comment

Face masks do not "change human-to-human interaction". They don't make people inhuman or compromise their social skills. This shouldn't have to be said in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
                                        Face masks do not "change human-to-human interaction". They don't make people inhuman or compromise their social skills. This shouldn't have to be said in 2020.
                                        Well, you changed my words, but that's okay. Certainly to each his own when choosing to go to a theme park if a mask is required.
                                        I wear a mask myself whenever I leave the house, but won't spend the day in a theme park wearing one. I'll wait until something gets better on the coronavirus front.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X