Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APs: what option are you choosing?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    They finally sent out emails to everyone today so phone lines are going to be a bit overwhelmed for a several days.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Starcade View Post
      They finally sent out emails to everyone today so phone lines are going to be a bit overwhelmed for a several days.
      I haven't called yet I don't see the point until later on to call them. i already know the lines will be insane.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

      DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

      Comment


      • #23
        I bought 2 APs online in January, although I did not plan to activate them until a trip in late April, anticipating a price hike (which came in February). Does anyone know the policy for someone in my situation? When I bought them, it said it must be activated by December 30. If I can't get a full refund, will the "must activate by" date be delayed?

        Comment


        • #24
          I think the most interesting thing will be what they do in regards to blackout dates. Since everyone is in the same boat and will lose several months of AP access, will they bring back blackout dates when they reopen, or will it just be open to all regardless of pass type.
          Let’s say Disneyland opens again in six months. If you have a So Cal pass, they would add 90 of 180 days (for example) because of the current blockout dates scheduled for summer. On the other end of the spectrum, if you have the Signature or Plus pass, you would get all 180 days added to your pass because there are no blackout dates.
          It’s definitely an interesting situation.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by squirrels17 View Post
            Does anyone know how the extension would work for those on the monthly payment plan if you started making payments before activating your pass? I've tried calling the AP phone line but keep getting the busy signal

            I'm a little confused by the options, because I "purchased" my pass online last May (and thus started the monthly payments), but didn't activate it until over a month later (so my pass now expires late June 2020). As a result, by February 2020, I'd made 10 of 12 monthly payments, but had only had an active pass for 9 months. Assuming the park will remain closed until after my pass expires...

            If I choose to simply let my pass expire, I'll have paid for a month I didn't use.

            If I choose to extend the pass, will I only need to make 2 more payments, and will my pass be extended by the remaining 3 months?

            If anyone else is in a similar situation and has some insight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

            In case anyone else will find this info useful, I was finally able to get some answers after being on the phone for 1 hour, 38 minutes (whew!). It may seem somewhat complicated, but essentially you'll only pay for the months you use, which is quite a relief (thank you, Disney!). Apparently, the way it works is:
            1. If you've paid ahead on your pass and want your expiration date to stay the same, Disney will refund some previous payments (even before that 3/14-4/4 window) so that you'll have only paid for the months your pass was active up until the closures. For example, if 25% of your pass year falls during the closure (as in my case), you will only be charged for 75% of the total cost of the pass. So if you'd already paid it off completely, Disney will refund 25% of your total cost (and the total cost includes the initial deposit of the 1 day ticket!! woohoo). If you've almost paid off all of it (as in my case), Disney will refund a proportional amount of your previous payments so that in total, you'll have paid for 75% of the total cost.
            2. If you'd like to extend your pass, Disney will resume any remaining payments you owe when they reopen, and your pass will be extended for the same number of days that the parks were closed up until your expiration date. For instance, if 25% (or 3/12 months) of your pass year falls during the closure, you will get an additional 3 months when they reopen. And if you've made 10 out of 12 payments prior to the closure, you will only need to make 2 more payments to extend your pass those 3 months.
            Based on this info, we found that either option is fair to those of us who are paid ahead, and we opted to extend our pass. I look forward to the day that Disneyland can safely open its gates again - we'll be there!

            Comment


            • #26
              The fact that we have many well-thought out questions (including how long we have to decide the alternative option of either extending or refunding our passes) that have not been answered tells me that Disney themselves isn't sure about this yet.

              Originally posted by squirrels17 View Post
              Does anyone know how the extension would work for those on the monthly payment plan if you started making payments before activating your pass? I've tried calling the AP phone line but keep getting the busy signal

              I'm a little confused by the options, because I "purchased" my pass online last May (and thus started the monthly payments), but didn't activate it until over a month later (so my pass now expires late June 2020). As a result, by February 2020, I'd made 10 of 12 monthly payments, but had only had an active pass for 9 months. Assuming the park will remain closed until after my pass expires...

              If I choose to simply let my pass expire, I'll have paid for a month I didn't use.

              If I choose to extend the pass, will I only need to make 2 more payments, and will my pass be extended by the remaining 3 months?

              If anyone else is in a similar situation and has some insight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
              Based on squirrels17's post above, you are only going to be charged for the months you used. So you'll be refunded for the extra payment you made a month ahead of time, as well as for the month you never got to use.

              By that fact, if you choose to extend your pass, it should be extended by three months.

              Now, I don't have this confirmed, obviously, but that makes both intuitive sense and business sense for Disney. Keep us posted on your developments.

              Originally posted by mey View Post
              I bought 2 APs online in January, although I did not plan to activate them until a trip in late April, anticipating a price hike (which came in February). Does anyone know the policy for someone in my situation? When I bought them, it said it must be activated by December 30. If I can't get a full refund, will the "must activate by" date be delayed?
              This one is a bit tougher to guess. Disney could do the neighborly thing and extend your opportunity to activate by the period of the closure. Unfortunately I think them keeping the original date is probably equally as likely since you haven't actually lost any days on an active pass.

              If you fail to activate by December 30, I can imagine Disney just refunding you the full cost.

              Either way, the uncertainty of all this has certainly not helped to decrease stress during this time.

              Comment


              • #27
                Bit of a bump, but I'm curious. Anyone who was on the monthly payments get their refund yet for Aprils payment? Still nothing on my side.

                Comment


                • #28
                  I'm still deciding if I'm going to renew or not, but I'm wondering if anyone else is in my position. My passes were set to expire about two weeks after the parks closed. They were first automatically extended to April 30, and then to May 31, which is rapidly approaching. They're still at May 31. I feel like I'm playing chicken with Disney.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by parrity1 View Post
                    Bit of a bump, but I'm curious. Anyone who was on the monthly payments get their refund yet for Aprils payment? Still nothing on my side.
                    I was never charged for April, Just march

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by oceanbreeze77 View Post

                      I was never charged for April, Just march
                      Yeah, there was a period from I think March 13th to April 4th where they were still charging, so if your pass date was in there you got charged. They said they were refunding them, but I still haven't seen anything. Maybe it's a March payment technically?

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by parrity1 View Post
                        Bit of a bump, but I'm curious. Anyone who was on the monthly payments get their refund yet for Aprils payment? Still nothing on my side.
                        I was last charged April 2nd and never received a refund.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          My wife and i paid in full. They have extended them to sept so far and they were set to expire in august. So im cool with what's up.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Originally posted by jsuperk View Post
                            My wife and i paid in full. They have extended them to sept so far and they were set to expire in august. So im cool with what's up.
                            How do you know they were extended? When I check my pass online, it just says it expires June 15h.

                            Checked it just now, still says it expires June 15th. Although I do have the option to renew it.
                            Last edited by whiteness; 05-31-2020, 06:20 PM.
                            Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Originally posted by Zanadros View Post

                              I was last charged April 2nd and never received a refund.
                              I just got mine on Friday. So keep an eye out.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Originally posted by whiteness View Post

                                How do you know they were extended? When I check my pass online, it just says it expires June 15h.

                                Checked it just now, still says it expires June 15th. Although I do have the option to renew it.
                                Mine still say they expire today! They were good for almost two more weeks when the parks closed. They had extended them twice previously, but I'm getting a little worried about what they're going to say tomorrow....

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Originally posted by Blake View Post

                                  Mine still say they expire today! They were good for almost two more weeks when the parks closed. They had extended them twice previously, but I'm getting a little worried about what they're going to say tomorrow....
                                  Does Disney extend the passes after they expire or something? I don't get it.
                                  Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Originally posted by whiteness View Post

                                    Does Disney extend the passes after they expire or something? I don't get it.
                                    Because of the closures, yes. My original expiration date was around March 26, almost two weeks after the parks closed. Originally they were extended to April 30, then May 31. Mine had been on the monthly payment plan, but they were paid in full since they were so close to the end of the term. As of right now, it appears I have no annual passes. They expired yesterday. I have not been refunded any money for the missing two weeks. I seem to have simply been forgotten.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Originally posted by Blake View Post

                                      Because of the closures, yes. My original expiration date was around March 26, almost two weeks after the parks closed. Originally they were extended to April 30, then May 31. Mine had been on the monthly payment plan, but they were paid in full since they were so close to the end of the term. As of right now, it appears I have no annual passes. They expired yesterday. I have not been refunded any money for the missing two weeks. I seem to have simply been forgotten.
                                      Wow, that's just scary. Dustysage PhotoMatt Please help your readers find out from Disney what is their actual, official policy, huge thanks in advance!
                                      Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Originally posted by Blake View Post

                                        Because of the closures, yes. My original expiration date was around March 26, almost two weeks after the parks closed. Originally they were extended to April 30, then May 31. Mine had been on the monthly payment plan, but they were paid in full since they were so close to the end of the term. As of right now, it appears I have no annual passes. They expired yesterday. I have not been refunded any money for the missing two weeks. I seem to have simply been forgotten.
                                        Well, I just spent a long time on hold to talk to somewhat who said she was looking up my passes and submitting the request to extend them (as was supposed to happen automatically in the first place). She then tried to transfer me to the monthly payment line to finalize the request, and I got a recording that said I had to press "1" to get where I needed to go. But it didn't recognize my key presses. And then it hung up on me. I'm on hold again.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          This was just updated today.

                                          https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X