Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSR Hidden Trackway

This has been bugging me since the ride opened and I have not been able to find any info on it's purpose. But in the area around the first Mater AA there is a track-switch that connects into Luigi's Tire Shop. I cannot figure out the purpose of this shortcut and it doesn't make much sense. I would love if someone can shed some light on it's function. I've never seen this in a ride before so it's interesting yet ominous.

Do you happen to have a higher quality layout diagram? I can't quite place in the ride where the track switch is.

Just based on the description of between the first Mater AA, after the train tracks scene, I would assume its just a maintenance corridor where ride vehicles can be pulled off the ride for servicing. I would also assume that in a "worst case" scenario, it could be use to divert cars from entering the radiator springs area, as there is a switch there that could fail? But there numerous other switches, so something about the original RR scene made them feel an alternate route that doesn't take you past Frank the tractor and into town was needed?

Comment

I was curious so I started watching Youtube videos. The switch is right after the Sheriff, about where Mater shows up. It makes a hard left to a comoflaged door behind the Sheriff. No telling where it goes but it rejoins the main track in Luigis building. When you first enter Luigis you make a right as you enter the building, the track comes behind you on the left through a curtain. It's a pretty short path so all I can think of is a track to bypass the Tractors, Frank and the town.
      Last edited by MRaymond; 04-25-2020, 08:31 PM.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

My bet is it's just a maintenance corridor then. Or literally just a place broken vehicles can be pushed/walked to by CM's to get them off the ride track without losing access to the other places you "could" put a downed vehicle, such at the ADA compliant ride load/unload.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
          My bet is it's just a maintenance corridor then. Or literally just a place broken vehicles can be pushed/walked to by CM's to get them off the ride track without losing access to the other places you "could" put a downed vehicle, such at the ADA compliant ride load/unload.
          But wouldn't they just go to the maintenance bay like every other ride (including Test Track)? I bring up Test Track because it's the same system but does not have a shortcut path. I suspect it has something to do with it being a dual track ride but I just cannot figure out the purpose of it. Strange!

Comment

After you meet Frank and are on the run, you travel downhill, maybe the bypass track avoids the hill which would make pushing a car much easier.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

It is indeed a maintenance corridor. It can only be used by maintenance. It allows maintenance to cycle the vehicles along a shorter track when they are working on them at night. Vehicles cannot be stored along it during operation, it’s strictly to shorten the track length at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
                It is indeed a maintenance corridor. It can only be used by maintenance. It allows maintenance to cycle the vehicles along a shorter track when they are working on them at night. Vehicles cannot be stored along it during operation, it’s strictly to shorten the track length at night.
                This, along with what MRaymond has mentioned about the route past Frank featuring some hills, makes sense.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X