Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Delays Hotel Reservations to at Least July

Per The OCR:
    The three Disneyland resort hotels are no longer accepting reservations before July as the closure of Disney’s Anaheim theme parks stretches toward two months amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

New reservations for the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel are currently available for travel dates on July 1 and later, according to Disneyland officials.

Dining reservations and bookable merchandise experiences at the Disneyland resort are also unavailable until the Anaheim parks set a reopening date.
    Also this minor note:
    A new analyst report from research firm MoffettNathanson forecasts that Disney parks will reopen on July 1.
    I wonder if TDA will try to reopen at least Disneyland in July, in time for the 65th Anniversary.
    New reservations for the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel are currently available for travel dates on July 1 and later, according to the Disneylan…

I could see Downtown Disney open by then and I guess if they can get people into hotels...sure why not make some money?
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      I could see Downtown Disney open by then and I guess if they can get people into hotels...sure why not make some money?
      That's assuming Orange County will be in Phase 3 by then, which is when 'Shopping Malls' are allowed to be open.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
        making money is what Disney is about.......yep I sure DTD be also open as well....
        going be interesting?
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

That's assuming Orange County will be in Phase 3 by then, which is when 'Shopping Malls' are allowed to be open.
          Some businesses are opening now..think by then I could see malls open, especially since this one is outside.

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

making money is what Disney is about.......yep I sure DTD be also open as well....
          going be interesting?
          It will be, really do wonder what that will look like.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Honestly, I don't think that the change of date means anything other than, well, changing the date. I don't think it's indicative that they're 'planning' on opening July 1. I think it's simply a 'placeholder'. I expect they were getting more and more bookings for mid- to late- June so they closed the window on that month to try and ramp down people's belief that they'll be opening next month. They can (and probably will) close down July's booking just as easily in mid-June.

I think it would be a whole lot better if they just stopped taking hotel bookings 'until further notice'. After all, that's their language on reopening the parks. But I suppose that wouldn't 'look good' PR-wise, especially since many people book 6+ months in advance.
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I just noticed....they're offering a discount on rebooking for people who have/had reservations through June 30 if they booked before 5/31/20. No wonder they're not allowing more bookings! People might book hoping they'll get cancelled and then can rebook with the discount!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                Honestly, I don't think that the change of date means anything other than, well, changing the date. I don't think it's indicative that they're 'planning' on opening July 1. I think it's simply a 'placeholder'. I expect they were getting more and more bookings for mid- to late- June so they closed the window on that month to try and ramp down people's belief that they'll be opening next month. They can (and probably will) close down July's booking just as easily in mid-June.

I think it would be a whole lot better if they just stopped taking hotel bookings 'until further notice'. After all, that's their language on reopening the parks. But I suppose that wouldn't 'look good' PR-wise, especially since many people book 6+ months in advance.
                Bingo. Stopping taking bookings "until further notice" would be the honest thing to do for Disney's customers. But in addition to being bad PR for Wall Street, it would close down one of management's methods to gauge consumer interest -- at a time when the future of Disney's businesses is unknown and impossible to accurately forecast. Sadly, it's just delaying the inevitable need to push the date down further: Medical experts are predicting a surge in coronavirus cases and a doubling of the death rate in June, thanks to the lifting of social distancing standards in May.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                  Medical experts are predicting a surge in coronavirus cases and a doubling of the death rate in June, thanks to the lifting of social distancing standards in May.
                  I get optimistic when I see that Shanghai Disneyland is going to be opening, and then I realize that Disneyland is not in China, it's in the U.S., and our situation in the coming months is going to likely look dramatically different than China's.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                    I just noticed....they're offering a discount on rebooking for people who have/had reservations through June 30 if they booked before 5/31/20. No wonder they're not allowing more bookings! People might book hoping they'll get cancelled and then can rebook with the discount!
                    That is the true way of the ultimate Disney fans. They know how to work the system. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Bingo. Stopping taking bookings "until further notice" would be the honest thing to do for Disney's customers. But in addition to being bad PR for Wall Street, it would close down one of management's methods to gauge consumer interest -- at a time when the future of Disney's businesses is unknown and impossible to accurately forecast. Sadly, it's just delaying the inevitable need to push the date down further: Medical experts are predicting a surge in coronavirus cases and a doubling of the death rate in June, thanks to the lifting of social distancing standards in May.
                      I agree with you completely. I wouldn't paint Disney as being dishonest in this instance however, since you noted that reservations are a key metric of gauging interest. Frankly, whether it be booking a flight or making a reservation for a hotel, every person should be aware that things can shift and cancel on a dime.

Comment

I think they are just shifting the date further and further out as they really do not know when things will open and they do not want to say "Until further notice" because that would diminish hope and interest where as moving the carrot a lil further away every month still keeps peoples interest. The ability to make a reservation also gives Disney a good hint on the interest they will have when the day finally comes they can open.

Comment

There was a fantastic room discount I heard about so I called in and set it up for a few days in late July. The planner told me that nothing is known, however, there is a chance that the hotels and DD District could be open before the parks are. Fingers are crossed that it all works out.
                          [link='http://www.mickeypath.com/']
                          [img noborder]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1280300455.png[/img]
                          [/link]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X