Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Pass cancellations?

Hi all, not sure if this got answered anywhere else, but i renewed my pass about 2 weeks before the closure so i dont think i even paid for anything so far this year. Do you know if anyone has any luck on cancelling their pass? I dont even need a refund...i just don't want to start paying again when they reopen.
    Like...i dont expect going back to the park until at least 2021 because of health concerns.

Hi bruin. My husband and I cancelled our passes last week. We are in the same boat as you. We're not going back as soon as they reopen so we don't want a pause then restart of the pass in case they reopen this year. We made sure that the passes will not renew automatically and we cancelled successfully. The process involved a 30 minute wait for a person to come on the line plus a 10 minute conversation with the CM. I had pif. My husband was on the monthly plan. Hope that helps.
    "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by JacobR22 View Post
      Seems to me the best, most accurate way to answer your question is to ask Disney?
      Seems to me you may be unaware that "asking Disney" is sometimes the course of last resort, not first (unless one likes long waits in a phone queue or for an email reply, and sometimes getting confusing and contradictory information -- especially now that the information desks are working with reduced staffing).

There are many members on this forum who are happy to help new members by giving them firsthand information, or by posting links to previous threads that may have the information. Helping other members with information is a MiceChat tradition.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I'd give the annual passholder line a call sometime in the morning and ask them whatever questions you have. I've done this plenty of times and my wait times have been minimal and the CMs were always kind and happy to help however they could. Hope your questions/issues get resolved!
        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

If you really don't think you will be going call them...but over in China they are adding as many months as the reservation system is in place. So in theory you could get months to a year free...if you have an AP now.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacobR22 View Post
            Most of the time, in real life, the best way to get accurate information is from the source that controls the information. Sorry.
            Often that is not the case when dealing with Disneyland. If one must contact Disneyland directly I've found its best to do it via email and inform the person in the email that you are hard of hearing because they will usually tell you to call them. But with email you have you a written account of it so when you show up expecting to get what you have been told, you can show the lead cast member the proof that this is what your company said when they often deny saying any of it. Disney is the type of company that when you ask 5 employees the same question, you get 6 different answers.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
              Often that is not the case when dealing with Disneyland. If one must contact Disneyland directly I've found its best to do it via email and inform the person in the email that you are hard of hearing because they will usually tell you to call them. But with email you have you a written account of it so when you show up expecting to get what you have been told, you can show the lead cast member the proof that this is what your company said when they often deny saying any of it. Disney is the type of company that when you ask 5 employees the same question, you get 6 different answers.
              Exactly. And that's not a slam on the employees answering the phones and replying to the emails; they're usually trying to do their best, but may have been given outdated, incomplete or contradictory information from higher up the chain. On paper, DLR is just one division of Disney Parks, but in actuality it's a huge business organization in itself. It has multiple departments with overlapping (and sometimes unclearly defined) areas of responsibility, all supervised by frequently-changing departmental execs. Even with everyone having the best of intentions, the result can be inaccurate information given to the employees who interface with the public.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

I can verify getting different answers. I called on the day exactly one year after I had renewed it the year before ( Feb. 19th), and was told that they used actual days in the year, so it had expired Feb. 18th. I honestly still don't get it. I wanted to grandfather in photo pass on signature pass, which is the only perk I get anymore for renewing the pass before it expires. The first operator automatically said no and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. I hung up immediately and the second operator had the whole thing renewed and with photo pass in about the same time it took the first operator to say no. Absolutely no problems, although she did say it was a one time exception. I don't think they really keep track though, because I had gotten an exception the year before!

I have the same problem as bruinfrk89. I don't want to go back to Disneyland until next year, or such time as I feel safe with my health conditions. I don't believe we will know enough, or have any guaranteed and properly researched treatments or vaccines by summer. If they open by then, the pass may run out before I even decide to go back. Since I renewed in Feb., I will have had less than a month out of a very expensive pass. But if I get a refund, I will lose the free photo pass forever--I think it's a 125.00 value.

Does anyone know if there is a deadline for getting a refund? The info doesn't say. I'd love it if the first day I go back would restart my pass, and not the re-opening of the park. Then I would just keep it. Wish they would explain that in detail on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Exactly. And that's not a slam on the employees answering the phones and replying to the emails; they're usually trying to do their best, but may have been given outdated, incomplete or contradictory information from higher up the chain. On paper, DLR is just one division of Disney Parks, but in actuality it's a huge business organization in itself. It has multiple departments with overlapping (and sometimes unclearly defined) areas of responsibility, all supervised by frequently-changing departmental execs. Even with everyone having the best of intentions, the result can be inaccurate information given to the employees who interface with the public.
                  It’s always best to lie and tell someone you have a disability when you don’t. Right.

Some of the things people say on here and agree with are so insane.

Comment

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 05-20-2020, 06:27 AM.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

I still had about two months left on my AP before parks closed. Any word on what they will do with that? I paid for my pass in advance.
                      Last edited by iAMiRONMAN; 05-21-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post
                        It’s always best to lie and tell someone you have a disability when you don’t. Right.

It's unfortunate that some Disney CMs are so blinded by pro-employer emotions that they can't see when management is behaving in a manner that hurts itself as well as its customers. Sadly, they get online and call the customers names -- like "liar" and "insane."

One truly hopes that such CMs are in the extreme minority. With all the pressure Disney management is under during the pandemic, the last thing they need is their employees defending them in this way.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto364 View Post

Well how about you come down off your high horse and provide the op with an effective manner in which to handle the manner. My way works but what is your advice to them?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X