Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of Premier Passport?

Since it's looking like Disney World will be opening before Disneyland, has anyone read or heard how they'll handle the extension of the Premier Passport? Will they add the smaller number of days that WDW is likely to be closed, or the larger number from Disneyland? Or maybe go by where you purchased the pass?

Premiere Passholder here. My pass just happens to expire on July 18th, so it was valid for the entire length of the closure, or at least the first closure (I'm dreading what could happen in the next few months), and it now shows that his been extended through November 20th, which would be 117 days after July 11th, or the first day that those first two parks (Magic Kingdom and DAK) are open. Since appears there will only be a week between that and when Disneyland reopens (I guess both DL and DCA) it doesn't bother me too much.
    Also, on the Disneyland site, and in the APP, it still shows my original expiration date (July 18th).

Comment

I just checked both websites. Original expiration date was Feb. 1, 2021. WDW site now shows June 6, 2021. Disneyland site still shows Feb. 1.

Comment

DanaJ, I don't know if you got the e-mail that went out today, but I did, and mine states something which I guess is specifically directed to Premier Passholders. It says:

" A further extension due to theme park closures at the Disneyland® Resort will be applied to your pass 6–8 weeks after Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks reopen. Please note that Disneyland® Resort will have different Park reservation rules and availability for its theme parks. More information about Disneyland® Resort theme park reservations will be shared at a later date."

In other words, if you hang on to your Premiere Pass, you should get up to 117 days added (for the WDW closure, from March 2020 to July 11, 2020, when Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opened), plus the additional 30 days that they're going to add in October, and the number of days from July 11, 2020 to whenever the Disneyland Resort opens at least one (or both) of their theme parks, however many days that might end up being.
        So unless you need the money from a potential refund, it might be a good idea to hold on to that Premiere Pass. It could end up being extended for a loooong time. (I mean, how long or short it is will be dependent on how soon the Anaheim parks reopen, which most people here speculate might not be for a while).
        Last edited by 9oldmen; 07-14-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

We decided to cancel the Premier passes. While it seems that the parks are doing a pretty good job of enforcing the rules, I've read that the airlines are pretty bad. It will probably be a while before we're comfortable with flying to Florida. Once Disneyland opens up, if things are looking safe there, we'll purchase annual passes for just Anaheim.

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
            DanaJ, I don't know if you got the e-mail that went out today, but I did, and mine states something which I guess is specifically directed to Premier Passholders. It says:

" A further extension due to theme park closures at the Disneyland® Resort will be applied to your pass 6–8 weeks after Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks reopen. Please note that Disneyland® Resort will have different Park reservation rules and availability for its theme parks. More information about Disneyland® Resort theme park reservations will be shared at a later date."

In other words, if you hang on to your Premiere Pass, you should get up to 117 days added (for the WDW closure, from March 2020 to July 11, 2020, when Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opened), plus the additional 30 days that they're going to add in October, and the number of days from July 11, 2020 to whenever the Disneyland Resort opens at least one (or both) of their theme parks, however many days that might end up being.
            So unless you need the money from a potential refund, it might be a good idea to hold on to that Premiere Pass. It could end up being extended for a loooong time. (I mean, how long or short it is will be dependent on how soon the Anaheim parks reopen, which most people here speculate might not be for a while).
            So there was an updated notice then...good to know...I also have a Ticketmaster credit to a Kings hockey game when they resume, and I also have a Tournament of Roses grandstand credit for the 2021 Rose Parade...so there's a couple of nice experiences awaiting daughter and I...
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

We are Premier Passholders based in SoCal. Also trying to figure out what to do and what Disney is going to do with these passes. What happens if Disneyland doesn’t open for a long time, for example next year? Will the passes be extended for BOTH parks? We don’t feel at all comfortable with flying and going to the parks right now, but if they give an extension of the passes for both parks like 9oldmen suggests, then it might be worth holding onto it. I’m worried though that they will stagger the pass, ie make different expiration dates for wdw and Disneyland (now that wdw is open), especially if this drags on.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X