Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice about Summer 2021 trip

Hi Guys

My family of 4 are planning a trip to DLR in Summer 2021.

I understand it's very early days, but we have an expiring airline credit and are just trying to get some ideas about where/when to travel, and California at that time of the year is one of the options.

We have been to the resort several times, but never in the middle of summer.

Mostly, our queries are about crowds and doing the best we can to avoid large crowds and long queues. I know a lot of this is extremely hard to predict in light of the impact of COVID-19 (who knows if internation travel to the States will even be possible by then) - so we understand that any advice will need to be disclaimered by that uncertainty.

That being said, we are looking at being in California between 18 June and 8 July 2021. We'd like to stay at the resort for 5 nights or so at some stage during that time.

So our questions are:
    1. Which period during that period of time gives us the best chance of low crowds?
    2. What are crowds like generally during that time of the year?
    3. How is the time around 4 July?
    4. Are we best to stick to weekdays or weekends?
    5. Any other tips for travelling to the parks in Summer?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Originally posted by Version 6 View Post
    Hi Guys

My family of 4 are planning a trip to DLR in Summer 2021.

I understand it's very early days, but we have an expiring airline credit and are just trying to get some ideas about where/when to travel, and California at that time of the year is one of the options.

We have been to the resort several times, but never in the middle of summer.

Mostly, our queries are about crowds and doing the best we can to avoid large crowds and long queues. I know a lot of this is extremely hard to predict in light of the impact of COVID-19 (who knows if internation travel to the States will even be possible by then) - so we understand that any advice will need to be disclaimered by that uncertainty.

That being said, we are looking at being in California between 18 June and 8 July 2021. We'd like to stay at the resort for 5 nights or so at some stage during that time.

So our questions are:
    1. Which period during that period of time gives us the best chance of low crowds?
    2. What are crowds like generally during that time of the year?
    3. How is the time around 4 July?
    4. Are we best to stick to weekdays or weekends?
    5. Any other tips for travelling to the parks in Summer?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    July 4th weekend is very crowded.
    I'd say June will still be crowded but July is Peak Summer season, so I'd avoid it.

Weekdays ALWAYS if you can

Also by then Nintendoland may be open and think if you can a trip to Universal if that land is open is VERY much worth it
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The third week of June is usually a great time to go. Long operating hours and lower crowds due to the lower passes being blocked out. Great weather in June as well in SoCal as the heat usually doesn't start until July. But avoid any holiday if you don't like crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
        The third week of June is usually a great time to go. Long operating hours and lower crowds due to the lower passes being blocked out. Great weather in June as well in SoCal as the heat usually doesn't start until July. But avoid any holiday if you don't like crowds.
        Thanks so much for your reply.

So in your opinion would there be much difference between the week starting the 14th of June, and the week Starting 21 June?

Also, how are weekends around that time?

Comment

If the AP schedules remain the same, the 14th is a Monday in 2021 and likely the start of the last week that the Deluxe passes can go to the park during the week days so I expect those week days to be crowded but the weekends won't be bad. Weekends in June have been great the last few years. Best weekends all year in my opinion. Also I don't know when the Grad nights end. In general you want to avoid those kids. It won't be Halloween or Christmas crazy but it is not great. Around the 21st of June is when I'd start. The key is to avoid as many annual pass holders and as many grad nights as possible. The Sig and the Sig+ will still be there but they are not bad. The deluxe APs will show up for their last week before being blocked out until the fall and I'd try to avoid them if at all possible.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

Comment

If the AP schedules remain the same, the 14th is a Monday in 2021 and likely the start of the last week that the Deluxe passes can go to the park during the week days so I expect those week days to be crowded but the weekends won't be bad. Weekends in June have been great the last few years. Best weekends all year in my opinion. Also I don't know when the Grad nights end. In general you want to avoid those kids. It won't be Halloween or Christmas crazy but it is not great. Around the 21st of June is when I'd start. The key is to avoid as many annual pass holders and as many grad nights as possible. The Sig and the Sig+ will still be there but they are not bad. The deluxe APs will show up for their last week before being blocked out until the fall and I'd try to avoid them if at all possible.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/
            Thanks so much. That's very useful advice.

Presuming the lockout dates are there or thereabouts the same - since the 21st is Monday, the weekend prior looks like Deluxe would be blocked out. So, should I actually aim to get there Friday the 18th? Making the dated 18 June to say 25 June?

Comment

That is what I'd try to do.

Comment

Thanks so much.

How far in advance can we expect Disney to announce lockout dates for June 2021. Currently, they have dates listed to April.

Comment

Give it a few months. Normally at least by July you would see the dates for June 2021.

Comment

Give it a few months. Normally at least by July you would see the dates for June 2021.
                    Sorry for the question overload - but when do you think it will start to pick up? Do you think there's much of a difference between the third week of June and the last week of June?

I'm guessing we should definitely plan to be out of there before the Friday of the Holiday weekend, with is the 2nd of July.

Comment

As long as the deluxe passholders are blocked out I think you will be fine. The blockout calendar usually stays the same from year to year for the most part. I'd be hesitant to go during the deluxe pass last week of availability in the summer, whenever that might be. I would diffenately try to avoid any holiday weekend but that one is not the worst due to most of the passes being blocked. Holiday weekend ends in the fall are brutal for crowds. But still July 4th weekend will be crowded. Its the perfect SoCal staycation spot.

Comment

summer in Disney is going to be hectic. any time at Disney is going to be busy, but with everyone on summer holidays then its in overdrive. i think maybe waiting until September or later when everything slows done a little due to everyone going back to school/work.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X