Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your happy place?

I guess the whole resort is a happy place for most of us here, but do you have a particular spot in the parks that you think of as your 'happy place'?

I remember my first trip to the parks in 2010. The Court de Angels (is that right?) was of course beautiful, and I adored Tom Sawyer's Island, the Mark Twain (got to 'pilot' it!), NOS, Big Thunder Ranch, etc etc, but at some point during the trip, I happened to stop just inside the Fantasyland side of the Castle, and that was it. Right between the entrance to the castle walk-through and the little fountain. I don't know why that spot grabbed me- maybe timing, maybe the relative peace, I don't know. But there it is, I still remember stopping there and thinking, "wow, this is really it."

Snow White's Wishing Well and Grotto.

Still waiting for my Prince...

Comment

Does it have to be one? Ha ha

There are so many moments for me in the park that I reflect back on when I’m not there. Each one is an equal part of what constitutes my happy place.

-Walking under the train tracks onto Main Street (Right side tunnel)
      -The scent of pirate water (I was walking past a Rainforest Cafe that used to be in a mall south of Seattle and they had a display which smelled exactly like POTC. Took me right back to the park in my head)
      -The view of the Rivers of America from just outside of the Haunted Mansion. Without a doubt my favorite view.
      -Having dinner after dusk in the French Market with the Royal St. Bachelors playing a set on stage
      -Having dinner after dusk at Rancho Del Zocalo and listening to the sounds of BTMRR
      -Having my picture taken for the thousandth time next to the Mr. Toad Statue
      -Swearing that I can feel the chill from the Matterhorn when I get near it, especially on the south side of the mountain. Even if it’s roasting outside that day
      -Walking around in SW:GE and coming upon the Millennium Falcon, especially when coming from the direction of Oga’s. It reminds me of our first view of the ship in Star Wars and puts a smile on my face every time. It’s such a cinematic reveal, except it’s happening in person.

I’m not sure if this quite hits the OP’s question, but it’s all what I think about when I reflect back on my happy place.
      Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
      Walt Disney World
      Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
      1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
      2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

My happy place is right where I am in the parks whenever I get that wonderful "I'm really here!!!" feeling.

I do love the ROA area at twilight though.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Maybe I'm getting old but my Happy Place is a spot on the upper floor of the Hungry Bear, near the rail. Just to sit, over lunch, watching the river traffic.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Pretty much anywhere in New Orleans Square.

Comment

So hard to pick one place! The whole resort? Favorite spots have changed over time as well. Can I say the Esplanade? I love the music they play there and I have a few favorites that - if they come up while I'm out there - just fill me with joy. Music has a bigger impact on my soul than visual so I think this is the right answer for me.
              "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                Maybe I'm getting old but my Happy Place is a spot on the upper floor of the Hungry Bear, near the rail. Just to sit, over lunch, watching the river traffic.

I’m with you on this location.
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

It’s been a few years for me, so I don’t know what it’s like now, but mine would be the exit of BTMR all the way to fantasyland.

Its quiet, peaceful, and the lights are just relaxing. Not sure if it’s the same now that SWGE is there, but that place is magical.

Also that moment you walk into the park is great too.

Comment

The changing portrait gallery in HM if I was lucky enough to be in there alone, watching the portraits while everyone else rushed to the loading area.

Comment

Tom Sawyer Island
                      Under a shady tree ,having a dill pickle and a drink.........
                      Watching the River Boats and the Train pass by.
                      I find that relaxing ,long with the water falls cross the River of American !!
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 05-31-2020, 07:45 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The Train that goes around the park, I just always feel happy when im on it brings back memories

Also Enjoy looking out at the rivers of America and while eating and ride wise I always have smile on Splash Mountain
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The Hub with all the mini statues. The Castle ahead, waiting to take me to my favorite land of Fantasy.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

My happy place was the Court of Angels until it was co-opted for Club 33. The entire area from the French Market over to the Haunted Mansion is magical. I also love, as others mentioned, the upper deck of the Hungry Bear overlooking the river. But my real happy place is the flowing waterway at the exit to Tarzan's Treehouse. That's one of those little touches that Disney didn't have to put in, yet they did.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post
                              My happy place was the Court of Angels until it was co-opted for Club 33. The entire area from the French Market over to the Haunted Mansion is magical. I also love, as others mentioned, the upper deck of the Hungry Bear overlooking the river. But my real happy place is the flowing waterway at the exit to Tarzan's Treehouse. That's one of those little touches that Disney didn't have to put in, yet they did.
                              Do you remember the waterworks of the tree house before Tarzan (or am I showing my age)?

Comment

You're showing both our ages. Oh yes, I remember it quite well. I don't mind the Tarzan theming even though I grew up with it being the Swiss Family Treehouse, but the one thing I miss is the conveyance system that brought water to every room in the treehouse. I found that utterly fascinating.

Comment

The Swiss Family water works fascinated me as a child. I would spy a bamboo bucket and follow it's path, when I climbed into the treehouse I would follow the entire path of the water through the structure. Disney attention to detail at it's finest.
                                  Another happy place was watching the Progress City model above the Carousel of Progress. What remains at WDW is a shadow of what it was. Working lights, moving cars, monorails and peoplemovers. So much to see that may parents had to drag me out of there.

Comment

Calling in sick to work...and making my way to the parks for some soul enlightening :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                                      The Swiss Family water works fascinated me as a child. I would spy a bamboo bucket and follow it's path, when I climbed into the treehouse I would follow the entire path of the water through the structure. Disney attention to detail at it's finest.

I miss the Water work as well......
                                      But mostly - I miss hearing -
                                      "Swisskapolka",from all around the treehouse ,on the edge of Adventureland !
                                      It use to be nice and relaxing ,having pancakes next door at the River Belle Terrace
                                      and enjoying the music.........
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Skull Rock in Fantasyland.

The water works at the Swiss Famly Treehouse also fascinated me.

The fireflies at the Blue Bayou. As a kid I thought the diners eating at the Blue Bayou restaurant were actors and it was all part of the show on the ride.

The Rainbow Caverns on the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. And the town of Rainvow Ridge.

Injun Joe's Cave and Fort Wilderness.

Primeval World diorama, especially the lava scene.

Looking down onto Fantasyland at night from the Skyway - all the colored lights of Fantasyland.

The hub (Central Plaza) in the old days, when it was full of trees and cooling shade during the day - and twinkling white Christmas lights throughout every tree at night. Relaxing there, watching people go by and deciding which land to go to next.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X