Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will crowds be like in summer 2021?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What will crowds be like in summer 2021?

Hi all! So next summer, my wife and I are planning on taking our kids to Disneyland for the last time that we are all together, before they start leaving for college, etc. We only have a very small window to go (last week of July through first week of August) because of kids' schedules. We've always gone either in October, or in late August when crowds have calmed down.

We understand that that is a busy time normally, but I'm wondering if things might be different next year? I know it impossible to know for sure, but I was wondering about people's opinions on what we might expect. Will it be more crowded than normal because of all the people were planning on going this summer and got deferred tickets? Or maybe it will be less crowded because people might still be nervous about the virus? I'm assuming that while there might be treatments for it, we probably won't have a vaccine by then.

We will probably be going regardless, but I was just curious to see anyone's thoughts on that. Thanks in advance!

Probably historically low. The majority of the annual passholders are blocked out in the summer and the economy will likely be in not so great shape. People tend to stay away for a few years after the economy tanks.

Comment

Hmm, I guess that's good news as far as our trip goes. But, I hate the circumstances the lead to it. Thanks for your thoughts!

Comment

I think it's too early to predict. The factors that will govern DLR crowds a year from now are many and interactive: They include the rates of pandemic infection and death; the total national death toll; state and local pandemic regulations; the amount and accuracy of local, national and international testing and contact tracing; the percentage of population that proactively participates in safety practices, especially masks and social distancing; the perceived health threat of air travel; the efficacy and availability of COVID-19 treatments, including vaccine; the state of the economy and consumers' disposable income; the degree of consumers' optimism vs. pessimism; and the corporate decision-making machine at Disney -- which by the summer of 2021 may have revised everything from ticket prices to AP blackout dates.
        Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-03-2020, 04:03 PM.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Don't kid yourself.....if tourists don't crowd the parks this summer, they'll lift the AP restriction faster than you can say 'Profit'.......

Comment

I'd guess that some will go to WDW instead of Disneyland in 2021 for the 50th Anniversary.

At Disneyland, the 50th in 2005 was a wonderful time to visit, partly because of the D.land Resort's ambitious president at the time, Matt Ouimet.

I digress (thus the blue), but Matt went on to run Cedar Fair. Disney's CEO's Eisner & Iger didn't seem to really want Disney's best people like Ouimet, Katzenberg & Steve Burke to stick around and possibly replace them.
            Last edited by jcruise86; 06-03-2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

One day at a time...

IF there is a coronavirus second wave (chances are there will be), it will be absolutely disastrous.

I picture the situation we are in like that scene in star tours where the ship is hanging off a cliff and its like "everyone lean back" but it still falls off the cliff anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                Don't kid yourself.....if tourists don't crowd the parks this summer, they'll lift the AP restriction faster than you can say 'Profit'.......
                If the economy keeps going the way it has been there will be a lot fewer AP to crowd the parks. Unnecessary expenses like Disney fall by the wayside when times are tough.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                  I'd guess that some will go to WDW instead of Disneyland in 2021 for the 50th Anniversary.

At Disneyland, the 50th in 2005 was a wonderful time to visit, partly because of the D.land Resort's ambitious president at the time, Matt Ouimet.

I digress (thus the blue), but Matt went on to run Cedar Fair. Disney's CEO's Eisner & Iger didn't seem to really want Disney's best people like Ouimet, Katzenberg & Steve Burke to stick around and possibly replace them.
                  I wonder though will the 50th at WDW be more lie the 60th at DL? I would not call the 60th a great time to visit as the crowds were to the point that several of my friends let their families AP's lapse due to no longer wishing to deal with the intense crowds. Yes the decor and park was was done up really nice but it was hard to experience having to cattle step around everywhere.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X