Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Pass Reservations On Hold?

This goes without saying, but there has already been talk in other threads about the affects the quarantine, and the efforts to slowly open the parks back up in the coming weeks, will have on parks. With info pointing towards the parks employing something similar to a reservation system used for Flex Passes, but for all annual passes, the question, has current Flex Pass Reservations been put on hold, comes to mind.

Up to this moment, unless I've just seriously overlooked something, I can't find any information confirming or denying this. I have been working under the assumption that Disney had simply made it impossible for new Flex Pass reservations to be made during the quarantine, and that feature would return once disney had given a "ballpark" estimate to when the parks would reopen. With the info that reservations for hotels and other services was once again being allowed by July 15 at WDW (This information is subject to change and may already be out of date by the time this is posted), I am becoming more curious as to whether this may signal intentions for DLR as well. Using the park app for the first time in months revealed that every single day during the 30 day window is currently reserved to compacity, with no indication that this might simply be automatically displayed as long as the parks are closed.

Does anyone have any information as to what the status is on reserving? Has anyone been able to simply wake up early enough to reserve while a day is still available? Has anyone spoken to AP services over the phone and had this information cleared up?

OP,

The way they wrote the T/C for the Flex pass, it allows them to only offer reservations for the coming 30 days. The system as of now is simply defaulting to every new day showing Unavailable, even though they are not accepting reservations for these dates. Generally this would mean the day is sold out, however due to the closures, they are using unavailable as the place holder to avoid further confusion amongst guests. For example I just tried to reserve the 5th of next month and I get a message saying " Sorry We are Unable to complete the request at this time" I believe nothing will change when we re open for flex passes, other then the concept that there will be significantly less flex reservations available, considering there throwing around the idea of everyone being required to make reservations.

Comment

I have been looking into this as well because right before all this happened we were just about to get Flex passes and obviously now definitely waiting to pull the trigger till I know WAY more. It is a shame what I'm seeing so far because the Flex pass is really genius in that it could be a big solution to handle attendance and the desires of pass holders as long as they're willing to plan. In the pandemic though I can see why they would not open up days while so much is in the air.
      ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
        I have been looking into this as well because right before all this happened we were just about to get Flex passes and obviously now definitely waiting to pull the trigger till I know WAY more. It is a shame what I'm seeing so far because the Flex pass is really genius in that it could be a big solution to handle attendance and the desires of pass holders as long as they're willing to plan. In the pandemic though I can see why they would not open up days while so much is in the air.
        this is not an "exact" answer, but, after I couldn't find a 100% answer, I went ahead and called, but couldn't get through. Then using multiple flex pass holders in my family, I implored them each to try and snatch up a reservation. After about 3 days of trying between 5 different accounts, I'm confident in saying, there is a current block in any reservations. Sometimes the app will make mistakes and tell you a reservation is available, but it will then always correct, and usually at different times. I'll continue trying to call, but as of right, I'd say it's safe to try and get a flex pass and try your luck when reservations reopen.

Comment

Bad taste updating my own thread, I know. But maybe this will help some folks wondering how the new reservation system will work with flex passes that require them out of the gate.

As of this morning, June 17th 2020, the app is now informing all flex pass holders that reservations can not be made. As others and myself have pointed out, this was already suspected to be the case, but not statements from Disney made this 100% clear. This is good for flex pass holders who were hoping to go to the parks as soon as they open, as it's official confirmation that July the 17th isn't "fully booked" yet, simply unavailable to all passholders at the current moment.

What's waits to be seen however is if the eventual new reservation system prioritizes "first come, first served" or if it will prioritize higher tier passholders. If I had to wager, I'd suspect that DLR will first determine a safe max capacity of guests for the resort, and from there, create maximum capacities for day and multiday tickets guests, and then from their a maximum amount of reservations that can be made for passholders, obviously prioritizing the higher tiers that can still currently enter the parks based on current block out calenders, and lastly, the flex pass holders on the bottom, as they serve largely the purpose of making sure the parks reach capacity in days where ticketed guests are appearing in limited numbers.

This of course may be entirely wrong. My intuition tells me that, while it would be "smart" for Disney to require all guests, ticketed or otherwise, to reserve before even entering the resort, and the ticket booths would be "dead" for the time being; passed history with Disney shows that they are likely to bend on this, and keep the booths open for walk up ticket purchases. Because of this, Passholder and ticket reservations might be entirely first come/first served. This however is not what many, especially higher tier passholders seem to want, so perhaps Disney, now relying more on locals than visiting guests, might use more of the first option I had suggested, to make sure that those higher tier passholders are almost guaranteed to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
            Bad taste updating my own thread, I know. But maybe this will help some folks wondering how the new reservation system will work with flex passes that require them out of the gate.

As of this morning, June 17th 2020, the app is now informing all flex pass holders that reservations can not be made. As others and myself have pointed out, this was already suspected to be the case, but not statements from Disney made this 100% clear. This is good for flex pass holders who were hoping to go to the parks as soon as they open, as it's official confirmation that July the 17th isn't "fully booked" yet, simply unavailable to all passholders at the current moment.

What's waits to be seen however is if the eventual new reservation system prioritizes "first come, first served" or if it will prioritize higher tier passholders. If I had to wager, I'd suspect that DLR will first determine a safe max capacity of guests for the resort, and from there, create maximum capacities for day and multiday tickets guests, and then from their a maximum amount of reservations that can be made for passholders, obviously prioritizing the higher tiers that can still currently enter the parks based on current block out calenders, and lastly, the flex pass holders on the bottom, as they serve largely the purpose of making sure the parks reach capacity in days where ticketed guests are appearing in limited numbers.

This of course may be entirely wrong. My intuition tells me that, while it would be "smart" for Disney to require all guests, ticketed or otherwise, to reserve before even entering the resort, and the ticket booths would be "dead" for the time being; passed history with Disney shows that they are likely to bend on this, and keep the booths open for walk up ticket purchases. Because of this, Passholder and ticket reservations might be entirely first come/first served. This however is not what many, especially higher tier passholders seem to want, so perhaps Disney, now relying more on locals than visiting guests, might use more of the first option I had suggested, to make sure that those higher tier passholders are almost guaranteed to get in.
            It's like we paid for a Flex Pass and now everyone has to follow our rules. I suspect that means our regular Flex Pass reservations will just be impossible for as long as every pass has to abide by a reservation system. It would be absurd if they didn't allow everyone to do that in-app, though.

I'm just becoming frustrated that it seems like Disney is going to start the countdown on our passes even during the reservation period when capacity is limited. Again, they're well within their legal right, but it just seems like a bad decision. If they prioritize higher-tier passholders and the lower tiers can't even get reservations, then their passes are going to expire with nothing left and no chance at using them. If that happens you can bet there will be an army of lawyers chomping at the bit to sue Disney, even if it's for a settlement. Remember: according to the contract, class actions are allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

It's like we paid for a Flex Pass and now everyone has to follow our rules. I suspect that means our regular Flex Pass reservations will just be impossible for as long as every pass has to abide by a reservation system. It would be absurd if they didn't allow everyone to do that in-app, though.

I'm just becoming frustrated that it seems like Disney is going to start the countdown on our passes even during the reservation period when capacity is limited. Again, they're well within their legal right, but it just seems like a bad decision. If they prioritize higher-tier passholders and the lower tiers can't even get reservations, then their passes are going to expire with nothing left and no chance at using them. If that happens you can bet there will be an army of lawyers chomping at the bit to sue Disney, even if it's for a settlement. Remember: according to the contract, class actions are allowed.
              You bring up a very good point I've been trying to allude to, but didn't really know how to phrase.

Let's assume, (very bad indeed but Disney not saying much with only a month till reopening day), that Disney does a "first come/first served" method, with priority given to hotel guests (for obvious reasons). This could be seen as "fair" as it would simply require everyone who wants to go on a given day be informed of when they are able to reserve for said day (we'll once again assume something "reasonable," perhaps a week), and do their best to either reserve their pass by app, phone, or website. But this has obvious issues, as it's "reasonable" to assume ticketed guests, hotel guests, and higher tier AP's will have some form of priority, and with that assumption, first come first served doesn't work best.

So long as there is a logic that "some guests," mostly the ones that have paid more, deserve access to the park, first come first first serve takes away the value of their pass/ticket. But this also means that lower tiered passed, especially those currently blocked out, have their value automatically culled, as the figurative "clock" starts ticketing during a period in which they don't even have a chance. Once could argue that it's "fair" because they bought the lower value passes, and they should expect to lose access to the park before others, afterall, they were informed of blocked dates when they initially paid. However, it could also be argued those people purposely planned their passes to work around their blocked dates, and the quarantine just threw a wrench in it all. But you could once again say those people were given their "out" when refunds were offered. It kind of just goes in a circle between whether it's Disney or the guest's responsibility to understand and guarantee the value of their purchase.

Comment

It's already been said in other threads, but honestly the "best" option SHOULD have been that DLR effectively gives AP's the entirety of the reservation only period "for free." Effectively turn ALL passes into flex passes for the time being, let higher tiers keep their access to WDW, parking, discounts, etc; but otherwise get rid of all "priority" and make it 100% first come/first serve (with obvious exception for ticket and hotel guests, but those still need to reserved in advance. No walk ups.) Ceder fairs gave all of its guests the year for free, and Disney could likely do the same, at least until reservations are no longer required. Any other method is going to result in lower tier passes or higher tier passes not getting their full value, either because a FC/FS system will not give higher tier the priority their passes deserve, or because a higher tier prioritized system will result in lower tier passes paying during a period where they don't even have the illusion of a chance. Maybe if they were to "freeze the clock" and paypents on lower tiers as long as it's impossible for them to get in, or just automatically cancel and refund passes that will expire before their purchases can even attempt to come back into the parks. But I can't immediately see a better option.

Comment

here is what is on the top of the flex pass reservation page

i
                  Disney Flex Passport reservations are currently unavailable.
                  We will have more details about our new park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance soon.

These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                    Disney Flex Passport reservations are currently unavailable.
                    We will have more details about our new park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance soon.
                    Although Disney just sent an email to AP Passholders that did not clarify any of our questions, here is one sentence that stands out: "To foster recommended physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will soon be introducing a new theme park reservation system and requiring our guests including all Annual Passholders to make advance reservations for their park visits."

I'm a Flex passholder, and I spoke with a Disney AP representative on the phone not too long ago. While their answers were as vague as Disney's most recently sent email, I could gather the following --

1. My expiration date (if I extended) would be updated the day of the park's re-opening. They could not give me the updated expiration date then and there on the phone.
                    2. My monthly payments would continue July 17th upon the park's re-opening, whether I liked it or not.
                    3. HOWEVER, Disney has a much more gentle tone towards their Signature passholders -- their options right now are to cancel, and get their remaining refund, or stick it out like the rest of us and gamble on this unknown system.

That is all.

I feel since I am going to be charged upon the park's re-opening that Flex passholders will be included in this new reservation system. Whether or not there will be tiers, we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

3. HOWEVER, Disney has a much more gentle tone towards their Signature passholders -- their options right now are to cancel, and get their remaining refund, or stick it out like the rest of us and gamble on this unknown system.

That is all.

I feel since I am going to be charged upon the park's re-opening that Flex passholders will be included in this new reservation system. Whether or not there will be tiers, we will see.

____

I am a Singature Pass holder, Your saying that they are allowing me out of my contract? And to refund the remainder? Or is that only an option if you paid in full!?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post

____

I am a Singature Pass holder, Your saying that they are allowing me out of my contract? And to refund the remainder? Or is that only an option if you paid in full!?

Thx
                        Assuming you paid in full, your contract can be ended and they will issue a pro-rated refund for the value of the pass lost because of the quarentien, blocked dates, and the reservation system. If your on payment plans, they just end the contract. You don't receive any cash back UNLESS you paid like, a grand upfront to only pay like, $15 a month. Of you did that, I assume they would just look at how much you would have paid "normally" for your remaining monthly payments and subtract what was already paid, and refund that. But if that's the case, I assume you might have to talk to a higher up, just so they can double check math and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post

____

Thx
                          So based on a number of posts I've seen on a Disneyland-focused Facebook group, as well as a friend of mine who I made a couple of calls for, you can get refunded the remainder. You just have to be very kind, and express that you're not comfortable returning to the park based on the current state of the pandemic. If you're lucky, the first representative you speak to will just refund you, but there are cases where you might have to call again to speak with someone else. Unfortunately, Disney seems very disorganized right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

So based on a number of posts I've seen on a Disneyland-focused Facebook group, as well as a friend of mine who I made a couple of calls for, you can get refunded the remainder. You just have to be very kind, and express that you're not comfortable returning to the park based on the current state of the pandemic. If you're lucky, the first representative you speak to will just refund you, but there are cases where you might have to call again to speak with someone else. Unfortunately, Disney seems very disorganized right now.
                            Yes, in my case, I really needed to keep bugging them, but eventually they did refund me. That appears to be the policy, but not every CM appears to know that.
                            Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X