Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] “Explore America” Tax Credit for Vacations, Including Disney World

https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/trump...-disney-world/

The Orlando Sentinel said that the details of the plan could have Americans receive up to a $4000 tax credit for spending money at hotels, restaurants, theme parks, and other tourism destinations.
    So question of the day would this get you to travel somewhere and if so where?
    Happy Halloween!!!

I probably would go to Disneyland for a long weekend if I can get free tickets, hotel and food via a tax credit. Although fiscally for the future of our country, especially regarding inflation and taxes, this is a bad idea. There is no free lunch in life, the bill always comes due. But with that said, if my wife would be willing to go with all of the restrictions on everything at Disneyland, we might go in the fall if they enact this tax credit. That would probably be the only reason we would go this year or next. One thing to note, strangely absent in that proposal is anything mentioning air travel.

Thanks for the tip. I might just book a hotel just in case this comes to fruition and everything else falls into place for a trip.

Comment

If they include RV parks in the 'hotel' category then I'm sure we'd be more than happy to take advantage of any tax savings they were offering. But would it get me to travel 'more', as in plan trips just to get the credit on my taxes? Credits don't usually get you more than you pay out. So pay $4000 (or more) to get a $4000 credit? No.

We're towing our trailer for our 3rd trip back to WDW and Ft Wilderness next year, followed by a week in the Keys. The per-night prices are on par with a hotel room, close to $200/night (all included). Between the Disney package and the Keys we'll probably spend close to $4000 just for lodging & WDW tickets. So would I like to be able to claim a credit for a trip I'm taking anyway? You betcha.

The original Orlando Sentinel article says this idea is being bruited around by 'Industry Lobbyists', so at this point it's not even a serious proposal.
      Last edited by Stormy; 06-13-2020, 12:52 PM.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I think this might get us to take a plunge and book something. We have been talking about going somewhere close -- maybe within a couple of hours drive -- just to have a break from the monotony and to feel like we've had a summer vacation. The tax credit might be incentive enough for us to decide to go forward with this plan. (A theme park would not be an option for us at this time.)

Comment

Will the tax credits be good for annual passes? If so, count me in!
          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
            Will the tax credits be good for annual passes? If so, count me in!
            I hope so, I'd very much get a Disneyland AP. Hopefully they also do something like 4,000 this year and like 2-3 thousand next year. Because I doubt next year will be much better for travel
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The wife and I already don't have an issue wanting to visit Disney World. This would just sweeten the deal for us.
              "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X