Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I am so MAD at Disney right now!

We closing soon on our house in Kissimmee, so I've finally, sadly been forced to accept that I can never use the remainder of my Signature Plus annual pass.

It expires on June 15th. As I've already related here, I was previously told by both a Cast Member and a Supervisor that I had until June 15th to decide if I want it to be automatically extended or cancel it for a refund of the remaining balance. So, again with great sadness, I called them with the intention to cancel, and waited on hold for about 2 hours...

Well, guess what the Cast Member told me THIS TIME when I asked to cancel?

1. When I originally purchased my pass back in October, 2018, I was making monthly payments. These payments finished October, 2019.
    2. I didn't activate my pass until June, 2019, so my pass is still valid today.
    3. However, because my pass was originally paid with monthly payments, I cannot get a refund. BUT, because it was all paid off by March, then Disney couldn't pause my monthly payments, either.
    4. So, basically, the Cast Member told me that Disney cannot offer me anything. Nada. Zip.
    5. I am currently on hold waiting for a supervisor. I hope my cellphone battery last long enough to reach someone...

Ahhhhh!!!

Update: I spoke to the supervisor, and she said
    1. I'd forgotten that I originally purchased my daughter's pass online as a "contract", and then paid it off in person in cash (actual Benjamins) on the same day (because I didn't know how to cram the cash into their web page.) Disney won't refund anything on THAT pass, either.
    2. The only people that can *maybe* help me now is Disney's Billing Department. I am currently on hold with them...if anyone else needs their phone #, please PM me.
    Last edited by whiteness; 06-11-2020, 12:51 PM.
    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

hmm seems like they could probably do better by you. GL and keep us posted.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
      hmm seems like they could probably do better by you. GL and keep us posted.
      Still on hold for Billing.

Comment

Never underestimate Disney's habit of stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. They'll expend extraordinary amounts of time and effort to piss off loyal customers, just to save a few hundred dollars.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

This is going to sound crazy, but direct message Josh D'Amaro on Instagram and send a letter to his attention at 500 S. Buena Vista St, Burbank, CA 91521. It's a long shot, but if he's as good as they say then there's a chance he might actually get you some help. This runaround is absurd and so incredibly unbecoming of Disney's customer service team to nickel and dime their most valued customer base in SoCal. You literally have one of the highest tier passes and are next to Walt Disney World, and they think that it's worth holding up a refund of what I think comes out to $250/person? This is the kind of thing that leaves such a sour taste in my mouth that I actually want to patronize Disney less.

As a potential other option, is there a possibility of upgrading your pass? I know Disney has paused all annual pass and ticket sales, but with your proximity to Walt Disney World maybe they will let you transfer your pass over or upgrade it to Premier status for free. I don't think billing will refund you any money, but they might be inclined to offer a freebie or two if it means you'll spend money in the parks when they reopen.

Sorry if that's not helpful at all, but I hope you're able to get some recompense for something that is not at all your fault.

Comment

OK, I just got off the phone with someone from "Billing" after waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hours.

The Billing CM helpfully informed me that his department was specifically "Monthly Payments Billing" and, as I'd already made all of the "monthly payments" on both of the annual passes in question, there was nothing his department could do for me.

He said that I really needed to speak with "Guest Relations" because they were the only ones who could help me now, and offered to transfer me.

I then attempted to explain that I had already spoken with "Guest Relations", and they had advised me only Billing was able to help me at this point. And transferred me to him.

He then offered to transfer me to a supervisor. Well, to be specific, he offered to allow me to leave my phone number and a brief message, so a supervisor could call me back (within 48 hours.)

I am not making this up.

1. 2 Disney Guest Relations Cast Members, one being a supervisor, really did originally tell me that I could cancel my pass and get a refund, as long as I did it before June 15th.
            2. 2 Disney Guest Relations Cast Members (same phone number as #1), one being a supervisor, really did refuse to do just that, when I decided to do so on June 11th.
            3. The supervisor from #2 told me to contact Billing, because only Billing could help me. And she gave me the phone number to call.
            4. The person in Billing then told me his department had nothing to do with my specific issue at all, couldn't do anything to help, and said that only Guest Relations could help at this point.
            5. I am still waiting to hear from a Billing supervisor.

The entire process, to this point, has taken about 5 hours.

It was my understanding that Disney had said they were going to compensate Pass holders for the months that the Park was closed with a partial refund.

Was I dreaming that? Can anyone please confirm that Disney had actually announced that they would do this?

Because, that sure isn't what Disney told me today. My pass was still valid during the entire shutdown period, and they absolutely refuse to give me any sort of refund. I'm basically being forced to accept an extension on my passes, which I've explained to multiple CMs that I cannot actually use.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Disney specifically promise pass holders that we wouldn't be forced to extend our passes if we didn't want to? What if someone doesn't like the changes in the park? What if someone is scared to risk being exposed to the virus, or doesn't like walking around all day wearing a mask? Or what if, like me, the real world intrudes, and a pass which was useful for the period it was purchased is no longer useful after that period is over?

I'm sorry if I'm ranting, but my mind is officially blown at this point. I intentionally purchased a home within driving distance of Disney World, and look how Disney is treating my family and I! It boggles the mind.

Comment

Look at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/. Under Annual Passports, it specifically says passports paid in full can receive a partial refund for the months during which the park was closed. The page was last updated June 10th, so it is the most up-to-date information they are providing. I would take screenshots of the page so you have proof of what they are communicating when the supervisor calls you back.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post
                Look at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/. Under Annual Passports, it specifically says passports paid in full can receive a partial refund for the months during which the park was closed. The page was last updated June 10th, so it is the most up-to-date information they are providing. I would take screenshots of the page so you have proof of what they are communicating when the supervisor calls you back.
                Yes, and in fact, neither of the Customer Service Cast Members I've spoken with today dispute that. In fact, they were both very nice and sympathetic and I think they genuinely want to help me.

Unfortunately, the policy that they are required by Disney to follow does not allow them to offer anyone who originally purchased a pass using a payment plan any sort of refund. Full Stop.

In fact, the Supervisor actually apologized to me that I was being made to go through all of this, because the policy was producing an outcome which was clearly not in the spirit of what Disney had said they would do for pass holders. However, her hands were tied. The policy was clear and Disney did not give her any other way to resolve the situation.

I felt sorry for her. Even though I hated what I was hearing, it was impossible for me to get mad at her about it, because she so obviously emphasized and wanted to help. But she wasn't being allowed to help. It makes me doubly mad that Disney is not even allowing it's own Cast Members to over ride a partially defective policy. Hopefully, she believes that she helped me by referring me to Billing, so she won't feel too badly about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                  Never underestimate Disney's habit of stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. They'll expend extraordinary amounts of time and effort to piss off loyal customers, just to save a few hundred dollars.
                  Truer words were never spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

Yes, and in fact, neither of the Customer Service Cast Members I've spoken with today dispute that. In fact, they were both very nice and sympathetic and I think they genuinely want to help me.

Unfortunately, the policy that they are required by Disney to follow does not allow them to offer anyone who originally purchased a pass using a payment plan any sort of refund. Full Stop.

In fact, the Supervisor actually apologized to me that I was being made to go through all of this, because the policy was producing an outcome which was clearly not in the spirit of what Disney had said they would do for pass holders. However, her hands were tied. The policy was clear and Disney did not give her any other way to resolve the situation.

I felt sorry for her. Even though I hated what I was hearing, it was impossible for me to get mad at her about it, because she so obviously emphasized and wanted to help. But she wasn't being allowed to help. It makes me doubly mad that Disney is not even allowing it's own Cast Members to over ride a partially defective policy. Hopefully, she believes that she helped me by referring me to Billing, so she won't feel too badly about this.
                    Maybe call one of the consumer reporters at the local news station? At little press always seems to get big corporations to see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                      This is going to sound crazy, but direct message Josh D'Amaro on Instagram and send a letter to his attention at 500 S. Buena Vista St, Burbank, CA 91521. It's a long shot, but if he's as good as they say then there's a chance he might actually get you some help.
                      I just Instagramed him and Robert Niles (Theme Park Advisor.) This really isn't in the spirit of what Disney said they would do. I don't think it's because Disney is evil, greedy or doesn't care (well, OK, maybe the latter a little bit ). But they were sloppy and didn't think this through 100%. I'm hopeful that, if the right person gets involved, they will fix this. I'll keep you posted!

Comment

I just Instagramed him and Robert Niles (Theme Park Advisor.) This really isn't in the spirit of what Disney said they would do. I don't think it's because Disney is evil, greedy or doesn't care (well, OK, maybe the latter a little bit ). But they were sloppy and didn't think this through 100%. I'm hopeful that, if the right person gets involved, they will fix this. I'll keep you posted!
                        Those are excellent steps.

Two suggestions... First, make sure that every time you talk, write or post about this issue, you're sure to praise the CMs and frontline supervisors who tried to help. The reason is that the mid-level TDA management that oversees the frontline supervisors are notorious for throwing the supervisors and CMs under the bus at the first whiff of customer complaint. If this incident and others like it (there is no chance your case is the only one) are picked up by the media, SVPs will blame the VPs, who will blame the mid-level, who in turn will crap on the most powerless people in the hierarchy -- the frontline supervisors and CMs.

And second, if any CM or frontline supervisor reveals to you that they personally feel bad about any area of Disney policy, don't broadcast it. It can get them marked by management as Not Team Players.
                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

If all else fails...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Send Josh D a DM in Instagram he does respond. Probably not to everyone but he has to me before LOL

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

Send Josh D a DM in Instagram he does respond. Probably not to everyone but he has to me before LOL
                              I tried. So far, no response. However, my Instagram is my rat breeding account, so maybe he thinks it's spam or something? I wonder if I should send something in my Feed to my followers about this? They are all locals and many are also likely pass holders.

Comment

I tried. So far, no response. However, my Instagram is my rat breeding account, so maybe he thinks it's spam or something? I wonder if I should send something in my Feed to my followers about this? They are all locals and many are also likely pass holders.
                                Snail mail could be a good way as well as suggested above. Since you will be near a Disney park when you move they can always help you out.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                NYE 2011 trip report
                                Leap year 24 hour report
                                New DCA trip report
                                NYE 2012
                                HKDL trip report

Comment

Snail mail could be a good way as well as suggested above. Since you will be near a Disney park when you move they can always help you out.
                                  But, according to the Disney CM, I have until 6/15/2020 before my pass expires unless I formally request that Disney extend it. However, if I allow it to expire, I will be out the entire amount of my type of annual pass, with no prorated rebate what-so-ever.

By the time someone reads my snail mail, or we get to Florida, my pass will have expired. And if Disney declines to offer me a refund, that's the end of it. I get nothing. Not even the possibility to to try to get a reservation to visit Disneyland for even a single day before we have to leave for Kissimmee.

Comment

But, according to the Disney CM, I have until 6/15/2020 before my pass expires unless I formally request that Disney extend it. However, if I allow it to expire, I will be out the entire amount of my type of annual pass, with no prorated rebate what-so-ever.

By the time someone reads my snail mail, or we get to Florida, my pass will have expired. And if Disney declines to offer me a refund, that's the end of it. I get nothing. Not even the possibility to to try to get a reservation to visit Disneyland for even a single day before we have to leave for Kissimmee.
                                    Ah true GL my friend

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                    NYE 2011 trip report
                                    Leap year 24 hour report
                                    New DCA trip report
                                    NYE 2012
                                    HKDL trip report

Comment

Ah true GL my friend
                                      Hence, the rat photo. Give them an almond, and their life is wonderful again, regardless what came before. In so many ways, we humans can learn from that.

That said, I'd still be happier with a partial refund in addition to an almond.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post
                                        I think the problem here is that it is paid in full but was paid in full via the payment plan. I am not saying it’s right or wrong, but since you chose to start it as a payment plan, even though it was still paid off it is still treated as a payment plan because of the contract you enter when doing that.

And people on payment plans don’t have the option to cancel and get a prorated refund.
                                        Last edited by Yamamoto364; 06-12-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X