Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Restricted Access To Disneyland For Annual Passholders = Lower Pruces

If Annual Passholders Have To Make Reservations — For Disneyland — Prices Remain Same?

Directly on my Signature AP, it states:
    “This NONTRANSFERABLE Passport is the property of the Disneyland Resort. It provides the individual whose name appears herein, and whose photo appears on file, with pre-specified, revocable privileges, which may be changed or canceled at any time without notice. Theme park admission is not guaranteed and is subject to capacity.”

Yes, you pay more for Signature for no black out dates, but just because a day is not blocked doesn’t mean you will necessarily get in to the park. There are days when they hit capacity. In this case, there is a pandemic that has forced them to change operating procedure and your AP is not worth anything unless they say so.

Comment

They will....i doubt Disney will drop them unless in like a year or two people still aren't traveling
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
        If Annual Passholders Have To Make Reservations — For Disneyland — Prices Remain Same?
        Yes. APers will have to make reservations like anyone else -- and prices will remain the same.

What Disney offers you if you do get inside the parks will be significantly less than before the closure -- but prices will remain the same.

Disney will point to the fine print on their tickets, say "sorry, there's a pandemic" -- and prices will remain the same.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yes. APers will have to make reservations like anyone else -- and prices will remain the same.

What Disney offers you if you do get inside the parks will be significantly less than before the closure -- but prices will remain the same.

Disney will point to the fine print on their tickets, say "sorry, there's a pandemic" -- and prices will remain the same.
          Wow ok. So - like for example I have the signature plus pass - for the $1400 a year I get to join a “lottery” with the same person from other tiers, tickets, etc?

I’m not surprised some here just brush it off - READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS”. Thank you for reminding me that I’m not ignorant. I’m well aware BUT how bout you try with all your might to see the unprecedented situation and just for once say THEY SHOULD TOO. Just because it’s in the T/C’s doesn’t make it authoritarian - for god sake. Wake up.

Comment

Wow ok. So - like for example I have the signature plus pass - for the $1400 a year I get to join a “lottery” with the same person from other tiers, tickets, etc?

I’m not surprised some here just brush it off - READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS”. Thank you for reminding me that I’m not ignorant. I’m well aware BUT how bout you try with all your might to see the unprecedented situation and just for once say THEY SHOULD TOO. Just because it’s in the T/C’s doesn’t make it authoritarian - for god sake. Wake up.
            I don’t think his response was brushing you off. This is an issue that a lot of us agree Disney could have handled better.

I suggest you call Disney AP services if you want your refund. The only issues are as follows —

1. You’ll be put on a 90 - 120 minute hold and you’ll speak to a cast member that will tell you that refunds cannot be given, you hang up, call back, wait another long period of time to speak with someone who will provide you the refund... it’s a tedious process. I know because a lot of my friends have told me of their experiences. Some succeeded and some gave up. I waited the 90 minutes to help one of my friends get their refund for the remaining months and we got a swift denial, but we’re trying again later this week.
            2. If you have parts of your pass that have been grandfathered in, you might have to bite the bullet and even try extending your pass because as of right now, pass renewals and ticket sales are frozen. If your pass lapses, it’s unlikely any of your grandfathered extras will be carried over until things return to normal.

I’m still not sure how this lottery system will work. I would like to think that signatures do get priority, but I believe we’re all getting clumped together. Fortunately there are no new ticket sales, so the possibility of the parks filling up could be lower.

Comment

You could always take Disney to small claims court for breach of contract.

Comment

My understanding, unverified w/ Diz, is the time period where everyone must make a reservation will be free, added time to your existing pass. The countdown of any remaining days on your pass will begin once the reservation for park access is lifted and normal ticket sales resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort View Post
                  My understanding, unverified w/ Diz, is the time period where everyone must make a reservation will be free, added time to your existing pass. The countdown of any remaining days on your pass will begin once the reservation for park access is lifted and normal ticket sales resume.
                  Unfortunately for California, I don’t think this is true. When I spoke with Disney AP services on the phone, they told me that my payments would resume on July 17th. I know they haven’t given an official statement yet, but I spoke with them on the phone only two days ago. They also informed me that if I opted for an extension, the pass expiration date would be updated the day of reopening. I read that as “that date will be final.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

I understand Disney's well within their rights to do this, but it is frustrating me and clearly others as well. Great to know how Disney treats loyal customers when times get tough.

This is what they've done in Shanghai, automatically extending passes for the length of time that reservations are needed. I'm presuming they'll do something similar in WDW and DL. If they don't...

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

Unfortunately for California, I don’t think this is true. When I spoke with Disney AP services on the phone, they told me that my payments would resume on July 17th. I know they haven’t given an official statement yet, but I spoke with them on the phone only two days ago. They also informed me that if I opted for an extension, the pass expiration date would be updated the day of reopening. I read that as “that date will be final.”
                    This is beyond infuriating. Why not do the same thing they do in Shanghai? If they go through with not extending our passes while capacity is at 30%, I'm going to be pissed off and you can bet I'll write a letter to Josh D'Amaro in Burbank. I don't care if it won't change anything--I want them to know how absurd it is to take their most loyal customer base for granted when they have more money in the bank than any other studio in the world.

I knew I was frustrated with Disney management, but I really thought they were better than this.

Comment

I'd like to think they will do this. If they don't, they'll be infuriating so many AP holders and that would be truly idiotic.

I did request a refund for the balance of my pass and was told I would receive one once they reopened. All the people saying they were told the opposite has me quite concerned, but I guess I will just have to wait and see if the refund goes through in July or not.
                      "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

And I think that was the reason for the suspension of Annual Pass sales. The same happened in Shanghai. Obviously if this is going to be a period where AP's don't have their time running, they want to prevent people from purchasing AP's so they can take advantage of that, and swell the # of people able to request a reservation.

Comment

If Disney is smart, they will put less emphasis on making money from Ticket Sales and taking time off current AP's, and concentrate more on the things that will sustain them.

Hotel Bookings, Parking, Food, Concessions, Merchandise.

Speaking for myself, I live local, and never stay at the Disney hotels. I have this thing against paying for parking, so I figure ways around that whenever I visit. I generally stay away from merchandise, but every now and then I will pick something up. But I almost always get food or drink when I'm there. So even for someone like me, there is revenue that will come in. I'm certainly the exception in the amount spent though, and I think that Disney will still stand to make money on AP's just coming into the parks on an essentially free, but limited, basis.

It seems likely that availability will be limited enough that AP's are only allowed to make so many reservations over this pre-full opening period. And higher level AP's won't have any right to complain about limited ability to visit, since the time is not counting against their pass, and is basically free bonus time.

Comment

Guys, I need help! I am your classmate that always asks the stupid questions and needs the teacher to explain things to me five different ways before I get it.

I figured out (after some time) that “pruces” means prices, but what does “... — Prices Remain Same?” mean??

I currently have the most expensive AP, expires November 7, 2020. What does this thread mean for me? I don’t know what Shanghai is doing, and frankly don’t care until I know what’s happening with my situation.

Thanks in advance if your willing and able to dumb things down for me!

Comment

Everything mentioned in this thread is pure speculation. No one knows what Disney is going to do about Annual Passes as they have not announced anything.

Considering they did not have to stop monthly payments, which are really loan payments, and they did I would expect them to come up with a reasonable solution.

Comment

Will blockout days will remain the same? If so, while the Sig Plus would also require a reservation, I would think a lower tier could not even make a reservation if it was blocked out. Thus, the higher tier will retain some of its benefit.

In normal operations the higher tiers allowed more access (via the blockouts or lack thereof), but they never meant prioritized access. If the parks had to close the entrance due to capacity, having a higher tier didn’t give you a better chance of getting in. If a Sig Plus holder arrived on an unblocked day at the same time as a Deluxe holder, it’s not like Disney would let former in, but not the latter. If the date is unblocked, then they have equal access to the park. If the deluxe arrives sooner, then have a better chance of getting in. It’s not like Disney would reserve space in case the the higher tier shows up.

However, if reservations are in such high demand that you can’t get in, even on a date where all other passes are blocked out, then it can definitely feel like you are paying more for nothing. Being in the same boat with Sig Plus, I am worried about this too.
                                Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

It wouldn't make much sense for Disney to allow free admission to AP holders until things are normal. Why re-open the park in order to make minimal money?

I can only see them doing it if priority is given to regular ticket holders and there's enough of them to generate sufficient revenue.
                                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

It's an interesting concept. Disneyland sells you an annual pass with "Admission not guaranteed." as part of the agreement. And there is no definition (although there is precedent) of what that means. Precedent: Closing the park for a natural disaster or power failure. Not defined: "Your premium pass where you can go every day is no good. You will get these benefits (more days earlier priority?) and you will pay the same." This may be the new normal for months to come. On the other hand what else can they do except offer a refund?
                                    Last edited by lobos305; 06-17-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post
                                      Everything mentioned in this thread is pure speculation. No one knows what Disney is going to do about Annual Passes as they have not announced anything.

Considering they did not have to stop monthly payments, which are really loan payments, and they did I would expect them to come up with a reasonable solution.
                                      You're right. It's just very confusing as it probably is for customer service at this point. Each time you call, there are different standards to extensions, refunds; etc. No one is on the same page. I'm realizing as I think back on my conversation with AP Guest Services that the reason they probably couldn't give anyone an updated expiration date on their passes until opening day is probably because they're still working out the details. I hope they continue to freeze payments during the reservation period, but again, after the vague conversations I had with AP services I don't think it's likely (at least for us low-tier folk).

Comment

I sincerely hope they just extend the deadline for passholders and treat this as a "closure" in a way. I look at what Knotts and many other venues are doing and that path seems to make the most sense. The aquarium near me, for example, is doing the same kind of thing...they were closed and are opening soon on a reservation system. Both of these times do not count against my pass, which would have expired in late June but will now have nearly three months added on for the closure and more time for however long the reservation system exists.

It would also kill two birds with one stone, you placate passholders and keep them happy and willing to sign up again, and you also make sure that everyone is treated somewhat equal in the reservation system, which needs to take into account that at DLR there are lots of day guests but also thousands of people who in the coming months will have vacations with the various hotels booked with no way to get refunds on flights etc.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X