Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RUMOR] Time Slot Reservation System to Disneyland

Rumor has it that Disney's reservation system is going to be more complicated than initially thought. Based on a screenshot from the WDWMagic forums, it appears that reserving time slots is going to be part of the new protocol, and that park hopping will not be allowed.

Sneak Peek at Disneyland Reservation system
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xzh...pJKTsJQz437wtE

If this is real... wow!

Attached Files

Wow. I get why; just on top of everything feels like another headache. Then again, if it’s just APs, many don’t go the full day anyways.
    Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

That's an additional layer for CMs to deal with and an additional frustration for guests, but a smart move by management for keeping control of the number of guests inside the berm.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

they should...ya know.... just not open yet....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
          That's an additional layer for CMs to deal with and an additional frustration for guests, but a smart move by management for keeping control of the number of guests inside the berm.
          Assuming that Disney is going 100% virtual queue/"boarding party" and in app ordering for restaurants, you could at the very least TRY to get people to stick to their time slots? Assuming that they're unable to queue for rides, shows, and restaurants outside their time slot, they would be incentivized to leave? Especially with no parades, fireworks, characters, etc, for them to wait around inside the park for.

Comment

I was actually the one that posted those images over on another site.

If you guys have any questions for what I saw ask away.

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post

Assuming that Disney is going 100% virtual queue/"boarding party" and in app ordering for restaurants, you could at the very least TRY to get people to stick to their time slots? Assuming that they're unable to queue for rides, shows, and restaurants outside their time slot, they would be incentivized to leave? Especially with no parades, fireworks, characters, etc, for them to wait around inside the park for.
            The pages didn't make any mentions of a forced exit time. It was just an entry reservation time, I assume to help keep crowds to a certain level at the turnstiles.

Comment

The more I hear about this the more this sounds like its going to be a disaster. Hopefully all of these rumors are completely baseless and Disneyland just keeps it simple by capping attendance per day to a set number. And hopefully they are smart about who they let in on those days as well and do not shoot themselves in the foot with boneheaded business decisions. But that is looking more and more like a longshot with every day that passes without hearing a word from Disney. There silence speaks louder than words. It appears they don't have a clue. Its really amazing when you think about it all. All of these decisions should have been made public and clearly communicated the day they announced they were reopening.
              Last edited by tarheelalum; 06-19-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

This was just announced for Walt Disney World today, but I'm assuming that this is also going to be the plan for Disneyland --

Disney Park Pass reservation system opening soon; No park hopping allowed
                https://attractionsmagazine.com/disn...pping-allowed/

"Once logged into My Disney Experience and the tickets are linked, guests will have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park. If you have a multi-day ticket, you’ll be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Friends and families can link their tickets together to plan their theme park entries at the same time."

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                  All of these decisions should have been made public and clearly communicated the day they announced they were reopening.
                  100% agreed. Everything from the safety protocols and how they'll be implemented to the reservation system should have been announced way sooner. The longer they wait, the more anxious AP passholders are going to get, especially with plans like this coming out slowly. It feels like everyone is just picking up bread crumbs.

Comment

I don’t know about time slots, unless there are certain hours you are allowed in the park. If Disneyland sets X capacity for the day and has the first wave of guests come in at 9am and then the second wave of guests come in at 1pm, but the parks are already at capacity, how do you force people to leave once they come in?
                    Or, do they set a capacity for the day and then let half in at 9 and then the other half at 1?

Comment

Also, how am I going to get from the parking structure to the main entrance? I hope not packed onto those teams they don’t clean in between loads. Even if it is only every other row, you still have to completely sanitize between loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanadros View Post
                        Also, how am I going to get from the parking structure to the main entrance? I hope not packed onto those teams they don’t clean in between loads. Even if it is only every other row, you still have to completely sanitize between loads.
                        This would be the reason for the entry slots. It’s not to control the number of people in the park (the reservation already does that). The timed entry would prevent people coming all at the same time. When it rains it pours so to speak.
                        Your false dichotomy bores me.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                          The more I hear about this the more this sounds like its going to be a disaster. Hopefully all of these rumors are completely baseless and Disneyland just keeps it simple by capping attendance per day to a set number. And hopefully they are smart about who they let in on those days as well and do not shoot themselves in the foot with boneheaded business decisions. But that is looking more and more like a longshot with every day that passes without hearing a word from Disney. There silence speaks louder than words. It appears they don't have a clue. Its really amazing when you think about it all. All of these decisions should have been made public and clearly communicated the day they announced they were reopening.
                          Not to shock anyone, but... I'm sympathetic for what management is going through. I couldn't imagine a more daunting "perfect storm" for Disney as a whole and DPEP in particular. There is more at stake financially than the Company has faced in the last 35 years. The new CEO took office during a pandemic, with the bottom falling out of their main profit streams. Josh and Ken's teams have had no time to settle in, staff up and shake down their operation -- they were dropped like paratroopers into the middle of a firefight. There is no Manual of Best Practices for Theme Parks in a Pandemic -- they're having to write it as they go, hoping they can learn the lessons of other re-opened parks quickly enough and accurately enough to avoid repeating the same mistakes.

The organizational challenges are mind-boggling. Burdened with the traditions of a large hierarchy that defers up the chain, there are few decision pathways that individual managers can take, especially when communicating with the public, but also in interdepartmental communication and coordination. Worst of all, they must make operational decisions for a situation that is not only unprecedented but is highly fluid -- from the changing social behavior of their customer base and sudden swings of COVID statistics, to the changing policies of state and county governments. They're literally having to aim at an erratically moving target. It's a nearly-no-win scenario; a pass/fail endurance trial where anything short of the disaster of a second shutdown must be scored as a success.

To me, all of that is a giant vote for delaying the opening, while continuing to study what's happening with other parks, modifying operational procedures as needed, testing the procedures with highly controlled soft openings, and continuing staff training. But that option, too, is not without risk.

Bottom line: No matter where you look, the situation truly sucks.
                          Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-19-2020, 11:29 AM.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

I wonder if Disneyland and DCA will have the same amount of Reservation slots or if it will vary based on park size, social distancing measuring and day of the week

Another major potential hurdle, is how many guests can be in one reservation party? This may force larger families to split their group into multiple reservation parties.

Even if there is a initial crush of customers upon opening, I see guest numbers remain down throughout the summer.

Not to shock anyone, but... I'm sympathetic for what management is going through.
                            Who are you?!! And what you done with the real Mr Wiggins?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                              I wonder if Disneyland and DCA will have the same amount of Reservation slots or if it will vary based on park size, social distancing measuring and day of the week
                              [/I][/B]
                              They have different capacities. I believe Disneyland is now at almost 80K with Galaxy's Edge, and CA Adventure is roughly 35K.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                                I wonder if Disneyland and DCA will have the same amount of Reservation slots or if it will vary based on park size, social distancing measuring and day of the week.
                                Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post
                                They have different capacities. I believe Disneyland is now at almost 80K with Galaxy's Edge, and CA Adventure is roughly 35K.
                                Those numbers are correct.

Which means that even if Disney allows only 25% of the normal guest numbers into the parks, they'll have to deal with 20,000 people in Disneyland and almost 9,000 in DCA.

Every day.

It also means that every day, there will be no way to know how many of those ~29,000 will be asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carriers of the COVID virus, because temperature screening doesn't detect them.

And out of those, there will be no way to know how many will be removing their masks or violating social distancing. And no way to tell how many other guests they come in contact with.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

The rumor of no park hopping pretty much kills it for me going this year...doubt APs will be on sale until 2021 as well
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The 'no hopping' I can pretty much deal with since we usually spend the majority of a day in one park and just hop to the other for a bit then back. So like DL with a bit of a hop to DCA, the next day DCA with a hop to DL (although we usually spend more time overall at DL). We never hop at WDW, the 'commute' is just too time consuming.

But what I DON'T want is a situation where I've spent full price on a ticket and then get told I can't enter a park at opening. If you're going to force me to lose upwards of 4 hours (opening at 7am, my entrance time is at 11am) of a park day, then my price should reduced to reflect that.

Again, if I was an AP I wouldn't care because my 'entrance cost' is 'reduced' anyway (assuming of course that I use that AP enough). But if I was on a 'day(s) ticket' basis I probably wouldn't bother going if I wasn't going to get my money's worth.
                                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

This is being done in order to prevent hordes of people from standing in close proximity to each other in line at security. It spread the people over a longer period of time.

Comment

Those numbers are correct.

Which means that even if Disney allows only 25% of the normal guest numbers into the parks, they'll have to deal with 20,000 people in Disneyland and almost 9,000 in DCA.

Every day.

It also means that every day, there will be no way to know how many of those ~29,000 will be asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carriers of the COVID virus, because temperature screening doesn't detect them.

And out of those, there will be no way to know how many will be removing their masks or violating social distancing. And no way to tell how many other guests they come in contact with.
                                        Supposedly Uni Orlando already has a bunch of ride employees testing positive.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X