Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toad's post

Why in the world did Toad's post get zapped, and some of the others are allowed to keep going? He didn't attack anyone, and what he wrote was beautiful. I went and looked at the rules and couldn't see a single one that he may have violated.

I think it’s the heated nature of the topic. In this case it might have been a preemptive measure.

Per Mr. Wiggins, the original SM thread is still available in the debate forum which is accessible only upon request. Though my conscious dragged me into the topic in the first place, I have not requested access to the debate forum for the same reason it was moved; it’s a heavy topic that was proven to bring out the worst in MC.

The same thing happens to other forums I have lurked in. The topic inevitably becomes heated and it gets moved to that site’s political forum. Side note: If you search, you can find MCs dissing other MCs behind their backs.
    Last edited by Jesser-pie; 06-18-2020, 08:32 PM.
    APs
    Burning Cabin
    Splash Mountain
    Star Wars
    Fantasy Faire
    Smoking
    Pirates
    Souvenir Popcorn Buckets, apparently.

Happiness is not letting these things consume you. A close second is seeing it consume others.

Comment

^ This. I think PhotoMatt posted a while back that depending on how their posts develop, threads that deal with controversial, social or political topics may get moved to the Debate Lounge. (That's traditionally where they've been on MiceChat for years.)
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I’m a little conflicted, but I understand why it was done.

On one hand, its a bummer that a very major and relevant discussion on Disneyland is being firewalled on the best Disney fan forum. Didn’t everyone agree we need to openly have these important discussions? Overall, I thought the main thread had excellent posts, the most thoughtful I’ve seen on the topic, and yes that includes the ones I disagreed with.

On the other hand, I know what a difficult/miserable task moderating any online forum or commentariat is, much sympathy for the moderators. And yeah, this a Disney board, probably best to keep public discussion light. So, even though I put effort into that new thread, I don’t begrudge the mods, I trust their judgement.

I guess ill just default back to complaining about Galaxy’s edge.
        Last edited by J. Thaddeus Toad; 06-18-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Hey, remember when talking about Galaxy’s Edge opening and the delay of ROTR were the biggest things to debate about on here? Ahh, the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
            Hey, remember when talking about Galaxy’s Edge opening and the delay of ROTR were the biggest things to debate about on here? Ahh, the good old days.
            I'm Laughing.......
            I think that debate....is just on hold....like the card game !!
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I guess not everything can be fixed by playing "The Glad Game"... "Don't Worry, Be Happy"..."Hakuna Matata" anyone?
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I'm Laughing.......
                I think that debate....is just on hold....like the card game !!
                Ha ha!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	AE87093E-668D-41FA-8FBA-383178AB12C1.png Views:	0 Size:	432.3 KB ID:	8620832
                Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                Walt Disney World
                Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...