Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now With Disneylands Opening In Jeorpardy.. Will WDW Really Open? Not Looking Good...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Now With Disneylands Opening In Jeorpardy.. Will WDW Really Open? Not Looking Good...

    Since studying the deep data in Los Angeles County, Orange County (California) Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and neighboring San Diego County as well as comparing it to Orange County Florida --- and that of Dade, Palm Beach etc -- it's really hard to fathom WDW's plans will really move into opening as planned.. In fact, scientifically speaking the R rate is actually lower in L.A. County than Florida's Orange County by far. Because I also have access to real time inside hospital data in L.A. County -- while its increased over the last few days -- the R rate -- according to state data is below a 1.Is L.A. County really going through a wave or is it truly just a wave in the younger population that won't reflect in hospitalizations... but yes there is a lag so time will tell.. I will say that the Southern California's Largest facility that has treated and seen the most Covid patients -- their in house patient census is low today - in fact at levels not seen since March.....(6/27) Now over to WDW...."Florida on Saturday morning reported 9,585 new infections in the last 24 hours, a record for a second day," and in fact Orange County there has itself today 8,837 cases to date --- 8673 being residents, 56 deaths to date -- average age 32. 437 hospitalizations. Officials in OC Florida say a peak could be a month away... So -- should WDW be the one that changes course and or Disneyland?

  • #2
    Like Disneyland, WDW absolutely should postpone opening, until Florida gets a handle on their COVID numbers. Regardless of the safety rules that Disney has said will be in effect, an opening in July will boomerang on the Company and its domestic Parks brand: It will be perceived by the public as reckless, irresponsible, and greedy.

    Disney must realize that the public perception of its domestic Parks holds it to much higher standards than other theme parks. Enormously more is at stake for the Company in the long term than the loss of whatever profits it could make in the short term.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

    - Walt Disney

    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

    "It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      Like Disneyland, WDW absolutely should postpone opening, until Florida gets a handle on their COVID numbers. Regardless of the safety rules that Disney has said will be in effect, an opening in July will boomerang on the Company and its domestic Parks brand: It will be perceived by the public as reckless, irresponsible, and greedy.

      Disney must realize that the public perception of its domestic Parks holds it to much higher standards than other theme parks. Enormously more is at stake for the Company in the long term than the loss of whatever profits it could make in the short term.
      I can't believe its taking so long for them to push it back.

      Comment


      • #4
        And will Universal Orlando stay open?
        We'll see.

        From what I've read Universal Orlando and their guests have been more responsible than Sea World Orlando and their guests.

        Comment


        • #5
          Florida isn't CA, maybe Disney will but it will for sure not come from the government there.
          Happy Halloween!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            There's been such a high jump in numbers, it would be foolish to open up. As a brand, it would REALLY BAD if there were cases tied to their parks, especially if their employees got infected- I don't think they should take that risk.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YellowTugStrap View Post
              There's been such a high jump in numbers, it would be foolish to open up. As a brand, it would REALLY BAD if there were cases tied to their parks, especially if their employees got infected- I don't think they should take that risk.
              its also just insensitive. While thousands suffer in the surrounding areas, Disney operates as a happy magical land.

              Comment


              • #8
                DL and WDW operate in separate areas with different 'political philosophies'. Do I think Disney should postpone opening WDW of their own volition? Yes. Will they? I give it about a 20% chance.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Theme parks have no place being open right now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                    Like Disneyland, WDW absolutely should postpone opening, until Florida gets a handle on their COVID numbers. Regardless of the safety rules that Disney has said will be in effect, an opening in July will boomerang on the Company and its domestic Parks brand: It will be perceived by the public as reckless, irresponsible, and greedy.

                    Disney must realize that the public perception of its domestic Parks holds it to much higher standards than other theme parks. Enormously more is at stake for the Company in the long term than the loss of whatever profits it could make in the short term.
                    My gut - no inside info on this one - but my gut tells me Disney is looking for the avalanche of negative press about Florida to crest which I think it has - and my gut says that tomorrow or Tuesday they will pull the plug on reopening. As you stated Mr Wiggins - it would just be beyond foolish to do otherwise with no end of the increases in cases. Btw - I just saw a internal letter from LA County’s Health Officer directed to CMO’s here advising them to prepare their facilities (hospitals) here in Southern California for a surge of patients in the coming days. It’s notable that he implies it’s more immediate than long term. Let’s all hope so. Is it a stretch to think Orlando or Miami Dade isn’t advising it’s health centers to “decompress”. What does that mean? It means to bring the in-patient census down discharging or moving out patients with other ailments to make room for a surge of new Covid patients. Scary times. I’m gonna upload the letter - it’s genuine. See the attachment

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Both Florida's and California's virus cases have skyrocketed! Of course they need to remain shut!
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Given that Los Angeles County's Health Officer today (6/29) a record number of new cases -- nearly 3000 new infections detected. She also noted that nearly half of all new infections are in the 18-40 demographic. Clearly Disneyland did the right thing in putting off it's opening as the LA County Health Director said that higher hospitalizations are coming -- even though they are already accelerated they expect higher admissions in a week... Given that the OC Health Director resigned because of death threats about her stay at home and mask orders... Non-compliance has lead us here. In LA County the Health Officer reported that 500,000 LA County residents visited Bars on the weekend of the 20th...Imagine if Disneyland was opened. Seems to me that both City Walk and DTD should be closed. What purpose do those places serve right now but as a gathering of large crowds.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So far they're sticking to the July 11 reopening. I agree if an large outbreak is traced back to the theme parks it will be a huge black eye for the company.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I honestly don't know. I feel like, because its Florida, they're gonna try to re-open, which honestly is a bad move, because America's in this weird place where opening things like theme parks is just asking for us to speed up the spread of the virus ten fold. So honestly, until doctors and scientists say so, I feel we need to keep things like theme parks closed since performing social distancing and keeping masks on is essentially impossible to pull at such a popular tourist place.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                              I honestly don't know. I feel like, because its Florida, they're gonna try to re-open, which honestly is a bad move, because America's in this weird place where opening things like theme parks is just asking for us to speed up the spread of the virus ten fold. So honestly, until doctors and scientists say so, I feel we need to keep things like theme parks closed since performing social distancing and keeping masks on is essentially impossible to pull at such a popular tourist place.
                              Not to mention that Disneyland has already been scarred by a Measles outbreak, Legionnaires Disease (?)....

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Looks like WDW is open and doing just fine.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                  Looks like WDW is open and doing just fine.
                                  Looks like Hong Kong Disneyland is open and doing just- oops. Scratch that.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Very curious to see if they'll shut WDW down again, too. I realize it's two different countries, mandates, etc. but nothing is off the table.

                                    On a side note.. has anyone else noticed that the graphics Micechat has been using for a lot of their COVID-19 related park opening/closure articles have become increasingly.. "gas station tabloid"-esque? CLOSED AGAIN! WORRY! FEAR! Complete with evil "Death Star" virus looming over the castles. Just a funny thing I've noticed. The virus is serious and I know I'll find legit information regarding park opening and closures within but I also half expect to click and get an article akin to "I married a vampire!".
                                    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                                      ...On a side note.. has anyone else noticed that the graphics Micechat has been using for a lot of their COVID-19 related park opening/closure articles have become increasingly.. "gas station tabloid"-esque? CLOSED AGAIN! WORRY! FEAR! Complete with evil "Death Star" virus looming over the castles. Just a funny thing I've noticed. The virus is serious and I know I'll find legit information regarding park opening and closures within but I also half expect to click and get an article akin to "I married a vampire!".
                                      I noticed it. I read it as making light of the situation by using the "screaming tabloid headline" font style that's associated with ridiculous, obviously-fabricated stories. Dunno if that was their intention (and the tone of the articles doesn't read that way), but that's how the graphic comes across.
                                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                      designed to appeal to everyone."

                                      - Walt Disney

                                      "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                      - Michael Eisner

                                      "It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                                        Very curious to see if they'll shut WDW down again, too. I realize it's two different countries, mandates, etc. but nothing is off the table.

                                        On a side note.. has anyone else noticed that the graphics Micechat has been using for a lot of their COVID-19 related park opening/closure articles have become increasingly.. "gas station tabloid"-esque? CLOSED AGAIN! WORRY! FEAR! Complete with evil "Death Star" virus looming over the castles. Just a funny thing I've noticed. The virus is serious and I know I'll find legit information regarding park opening and closures within but I also half expect to click and get an article akin to "I married a vampire!".
                                        Depending on the context of the situation, people act like its Ebola. In other situations they treat it as it should be like any other medical condition that may potentially kill some people who have comorbidities but most people will be fine. Our society seems to have gotten away from science based decisions and gone more too a more political approach. Even some in medicine have allowed their personal politics to influence their decisions. Its all every disconcerting but at least we all now know everyone doesn't have the public's best interests at heart. Especially in the medical community.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X